to date JWism has defined my life and i hate that TRUTH

by oompa 90 Replies latest jw friends

• JustHuman14
    JustHuman14

Is just so sad recalling this last post by oompa. How many of us recall this person who died because of WT's policy of shunning? It hurts when I read the messages we had exchanged all those years, stored in my inbox...

• stillin
    stillin

I remember oompa! He lived only a couple of hours away in NC and I always figured that we would eventually connect. Loved his insights and humor. Miss that guy...

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Raising a glass to the man's memory.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M
    Raising a glass to the man's memory.

Cheers, so sad.

• Giordano
    Giordano

Good People with bi polar issues are easy targets for the followers of the WTBTS.............. Oompa was one example of that sort of conduct. His life and emotions was a part of who he was.

What was overlooked by the local congregation and his ex wife and some of his children was his generosity and kindness to the JW's . Many still worked for him and his JW family who made their living off of his bones........ despite his anguish he was offered stone cold shunning in return.

What they were left with was nothing.....how fitting.

Edited to add: This was the first needless death I teared up about on this forum. There have been others. Oompa and I never talked but I felt every word he said. and being a skilled musician........... sang.

It's my privilege to be on a forum with so many people I respect and have learned to care about.

That part of being here is what hurts, it is the same part that makes me........ Us.........determined to try to help .

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

I haven't read many of His post but every now and then he'd chime in on subjects that I was interested in. I can express my sympathy to those that knew him for their loss.

I think the outcome of this person show the world the type of emotional cruelty this corporation is submitting it former member who no longer believe corporate directives or accept a blood transfusion. I hope this can be a testimony to anguish people have suffered and allow many XJWs to sue the pants off of these fucked up idiots making up the rules/running this corporation.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Too bad there is no HELL, because someone -- some of those effing assholes who set these rules -- deserve to go to hell!

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

I wish we could set up a charity for ex cult victims - victims of shunning '- in his memory. I live in the UK, but I feel like a charity that could provide free emergency councilling for those in this situation would be such a wonderful thing. I know we have the Samaritans, but sometimes it's difficult for people to really understand the pain, if you haven't been there.

Oompa, we are thinking of you🌾

• wallsofjericho
    wallsofjericho

I remember oompa well

he always appreciated insightful posts with depth

he shared a lot

it was a sad day to read of his suicide

cheers my friend!

• JustHuman14
    JustHuman14

I'm so glad to see that still he is remembered.

Diogenesister,

I believe it would be great if we all could create a charity for ex-jw victims. I had 2 other JW friends who committed suicide and with oompa is 3. I don't know how many of you have similar experience, that you know at least one person who committed suicide, it looks like jw's aren't the happiest people on earth

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit