to date JWism has defined my life and i hate that TRUTH

by oompa 90 Replies latest jw friends

• Steve_C
    Steve_C

This is sad beyond belief.

I can only pray that others still in this cult can see how it destroys lives and families.

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Oompa, Eric, I didn't know you and yet I deeply feel your loss. Too much pain for this sensitive soul to take.

• disillusioned1
    disillusioned1

This is really sad. I didn't know you but I do understand the hopelessness you were feeling. And I know what it's like to feel so low that you wonder if the only answer is ending it all. I've been there many times. I'm there now. I don't want to think that is the answer so I am struggling to find another solution. I hope at least you will have peace now.

• terrent
    terrent

This is such a tragedy. Here's a good person who, even years after leaving that bloodguilty cult, was pushed to this state.

I'm not a regular poster here, but I've read his posts before and have been comforted just knowing I'm not alone. Like anyone here, I would have done anything to help him through this and see him transform his life the way he wanted it. If only I had known. Makes me want to do more to reach out to people who are in the same place - miserable to the point of desparation.

So long oompa. We hardly knew you. :'-(

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

Rest in peace, Oompa.

Vile, bloodsucking cult.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

I too am sad and angry...so angry at what this wicked religion does and goes on doing to people. I know a family with two sons disfellowshipped and shunned by their parents and grandmother. How can people do that?

poor Oompa. Poor, poor Oompa. Yes, as someone else said, those men in Brooklyn are murderers. The elders involved are murderers. The whole cult is a group of murderers.

I wish somehow there was something we could all do.

• sd-7
    sd-7

Dang it, Oompa. I hope you find a good wingman wherever you are now.

It is nice to know his real name, Eric. I wish I'd gotten to chat with him as I've had the chance to talk to a few from this site. Makes me think of just how many friendships are formed here and...how much we mean to each other. Everyone here...thank you for showing us all just how much Eric meant to us.

--sd-7

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Eric, your action recently has shaken many of us up. Many of us live with such regret and sorrow. You've made us think. I wish we could get retribution for you and for what it's cost you. RIP my friend. I'm sure your life and death hasn't been wasted, but I so wish it could've been saved.

Loz x

• fortis et liber
    fortis et liber

Oompa, I am so sad for all the pain you endured. I am sorry I never had the chance to get to know you. I take some small measure of comfort in the thought that you are no longer suffering. I have been ::this close:: to making the same choice as you have made. I understand.

May your soul rest in peace.

Love,

~ Fortis

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

Yea, I can only imagine how his family will feel if they ever wake up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit