The Governing Body intends to announce significant changes in academic literature (DOCTRINES) - Brazil

by Dogpatch 375 Replies latest jw friends

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

This is all pointless speculation, but I guess it's fun.

"Doctrinal" changes that would need reinforcement from the Elders would have to be significant.

Change in blood policy -- perhaps being totally a matter of conscience (really, not BS).

Adjustment in 607 for Jerusalem's destruction. This has to be the most common issue brought up to doubt it is The Truth. This would mean some adjustment in 1914 as well. I just can't imagine who at Bethel would have thought through all of the ramifications. Judging from the new literature, there are no deep thinkers on board any longer.

I would suspect more of a policy change to legally distance WTS from the individual congregations. This could include ending the CO visit arrangement, or at least his authoritative position. It could mean having the Cong vote or choose to associate with the WTS and all compliance would be more voluntary. This would require strict control on who is appointed as elders -- only loyal men. WTS could own KHs to gain some control.

Very reasonable possibility is change in "donation arrangement". Now that WTS is assuming ownership of all real estate (KHs), Congs could "pay rent" even after paying off KH, this would generate "donations" and it is similar to what already happens at Assm Hall. JW Districts build and pay for Assm Hall. WTS maintains ownership. Even after payoff, circuits "rent" Assm Hall for meetings at a rate that generously funds WTS. Arrangement could be just like per person "suggested" donation for CO cars & insurance, etc. If your Cong falls short, they sell your KH and move you in with some other Cong. (Hey, if this IS NOT the change, this is great idea for you guys at Bethel reading!!! I may have solved the cash crunch!)

Doc

• hoser
    hoser

Something will change with the preaching work or the way we do it. A well connected family member elder mentioned to me more than once that the

society is losing a LOT of money on the magazines and books. Hence more tract campaigns to save paper. He mentioned also in passing a couple of

weeks ago that the preaching work would be a new focus.

Also at a recent zone visit Anthony Dufus III said that the preaching work would eventually end. "I won't cry when it's over" are his exact words.

I don't know if he meant anything by it or he was just flying by the seat of his pants when he said it

hoser

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

What Gorby might expect is:

1) goal is not longer a paradise on earth, buth a paradise in heaven (the house of the lord has many chambers, prepared for you)

2) no split between anointed and not anointed. One class of christians

3) 144.000 is a symbolic number, all JW's are part of the 144.000

4) Armageddon has already occured invisible

5) 1914 was correct, fullfilled invisible

And organisational structure:

1) one headquarter @ USA, a few offices @ outside USA: 1 european office, 1 africa / asia / australian office, 1 south america office and 1 in the Netherlands for tax reasons (just like the Roling Stones, IKEA, Deutsche Bank etc. in Amsterdam)

2) split between the watchtower society and the CCJW for legal reasons

3) 10% income tax for all witnesses for the society or CCJW

4) transforming the watchtower society in a property investment fund and a stock fund

5) split between watchtower society and legal department. Legal department will fine the society for their legal services

6) return of the membership of the UN as a NGO

7) Creating a JW version of Salt Lake City in Warwick, NY and near Disneyland Paris.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Judging from the new literature, there are no deep thinkers on board any longer.______DOC

Doc, are you trynna tickle our funny bones . How in the world could they gleen

deep thinkers from a thoughtless flock

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Maybe they'll explain a new arrangement for prenatal baptism. Because if you wait until after they're born, it's too easy for those pesky kids to just walk away from the cult undunked!

• blondie
    blondie

hosier, the WTS has said in the past that when Babylon the Great is destroyed, preaching to save people will be over. Back in my teenage years, I remember them saying if there is any preaching it will be one of condemnation; also they have said that after Armageddon, no preaching just teaching because supposedly everyone there will be a jw...no door to door necessary during the resurrection.

But the idea of using less magazines but tracts instead sounds possible, a money-driven idea which sounds like the WTS.

*** w06 4/15 p. 21 par. 7 “I Am With You People” ***God’s anointed ones applied themselves to the work of preaching, teaching, and directing people to true worship. That work continues today on an even greater scale, and you may be sharing in it. Now is the time for it to be done, for the end of this wicked system is just ahead! This God-ordained work must continue until Jehovah intervenes in human affairs at the “great tribulation.” (Matthew 24:21)

*** w93 1/1 p. 18 par. 20 Rejoicing in Our Grand Creator ***We do know, however, that when this good news of the Kingdom has been preached to the extent that Jehovah decrees, then the end, the “great tribulation,” will come. (Matthew 24:14, 21)

*** w81 11/15 p. 21 par. 18 ‘Stay Awake and Keep Your Senses’ ***We can expect a similar expansion of our preaching activity now, at this climax of the ages. No doubt, before the “great tribulation” is finished, we will see the greatest witness to God’s name and kingdom in the history of this world. And while now the witness yet includes the invitation to come to Jehovah’s organization for salvation, the time no doubt will come when the message takes on a harder tone, like a “great war cry.” Revelation 16:21 shows that “a great hail with every stone about the weight of a talent [nearly 100 pounds] descended out of heaven upon the men, and the men blasphemed God due to the plague of hail, because the plague of it was unusually great.” Hailstones are frozen, hardened water. So this pictures how, at the end, Jehovah’s judgment message sent down upon disobedient mankind will be like a barrage of hard-hitting hail. The fact that the plague of hailstones is spoken of as being “unusually great” suggests that at the very end there will be a hard proclamation of Jehovah’s “day of vengeance” by Jehovah’s servants.

*** w08 7/15 p. 7 par. 16 The House-to-House Ministry—Why Important Now? ***The time may well come when the message we declare is like “a great war cry.” In the book of Revelation, powerful judgment messages are pictured as “a great hail with every stone about the weight of a talent.” And Revelation 16:21 states: “The plague of it was unusually great.” Just what role the house-to-house ministry will play in the proclaiming of those climactic judgment messages remains to be seen. But we can be sure that before “the great tribulation” is finished, Jehovah’s name will have been made known as never before in human history.—Rev. 7:14; Ezek. 38:23.

• hoser
    hoser

@blondie

it's anybody's guess and it might be all speculation

the only thing I know is that the WTS needs to cover their a$$ because of potential liability and the facts point to the fact that their empire is in

decline.

• Ding
    Ding

Since when do elders have to "help" JWs accept changes?

JWs gratefully accept new light from the faithful and discreet slave all the time.

Within a week, most can't remember ever having believed otherwise.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Yea Billy, Maybe they will require sisters to do the water tub births

Birth and baptism all in one

• sir82
    sir82
    Since when do elders have to "help" JWs accept changes?
    JWs gratefully accept new light from the faithful and discreet slave all the time.
    Within a week, most can't remember ever having believed otherwise.

Well that's exactly the point.

Assuming the letter in the OP is legitimate and correct (2 ginormous assumptions, either of which may be utterly false), it would indicate a change far far greater than anything ever handed down in the past.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit