The Governing Body intends to announce significant changes in academic literature (DOCTRINES) - Brazil

by Dogpatch 375 Replies latest jw friends

• baltar447
    baltar447

Maybe it'll be this:

"Only Elders are Ordained Ministers now"

And that will mean some kind of big change to the field circus as others have brought out.

• mind blown
    mind blown

I could see maybe changing 2 wit rule and or volunteer field service with this statement.... "elders prepare to accept and help others to accept the changes"...... b ut this statement is a whole other story..... "changes in academic literature"

Would be nice if it was the 2 wit rule for the children. Just makes me sick thinking of all the kids they could have spared

But if it's another change as the overlapping generation, that's going to be hilarious. I understand there's many who are still reeling trying to explain and understand that one....

I gather they can "Spin" field service changes with some scriptures....maybe saying something like......".it should be from ones heart"........so they can avoid being responsible for pedos going door to door.....and we again will be shaking our heads because instead of them just being honest.....they will spin away.....

• j dubb
    j dubb

Never trust a white-haired high school boy. Especially if he walks you home and calls you Einstein.

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

bookmarked

i going with ......new evidence that bigJ lives in the Pleiades star system

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

Have they gotten desperate enough to let women be Ministerial Servants yet?

• pontoon
    pontoon

I think it's going to be backround checks for anyone that wants to get dipped. Sell that idea as "to be sure they have a good standing in the community"

• cedars
    cedars

I have a horrible feeling they will be introducing some kind of new procedure whereby inactive ones are automatically disassociated if they fail to report within a certain period.

I really hope I'm wrong.

Cedars

• metatron
    metatron

I continue to assert that they are faced with the same dilemma that Soviet Communism faced, before it collapsed - the thing they sacrificed for and treated as most sacred, they now must reject. Collective factories and farms just didn't work. The government was forced to pull people away from them and go back to forms of capitalism.

Thus it is with the door to door work: it isn't enough to say 'you don't have to do it', rather, they must find a way to shut it down or face disaster.

The "Preaching work" is a huge steaming pile of liability issues that get worse with every passing year. Limiting sisters to the door to door work would help but it doesn't prevent Sister HalfBlind from backing up over that kid in a driveway - or Sister CertifiedSchizo from doing God Knows What, if she enters a home.

Whether they do it at this meeting or another, they have no choice - unless they wish to go down amidst a ceaseless barrage of lawsuits that will drain them out of existence.

metatron

• AnonJW
  • AnonJW
    AnonJW

Any changes made to the preaching work (haulted or otherwise) could mean a change in meeting structure. Namely the ministry school and service meeting?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit