The Governing Body intends to announce significant changes in academic literature (DOCTRINES) - Brazil

by Dogpatch 375 Replies latest jw friends

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

I also think it may have something to do with door to door, not so much that it is done with, but changing the relationship of the "ordained minister" with Mother and clarifying it as a personal ministry.

Because it is really nothing more than a change because of legal liability to insulate the corporation, the elders must all be well educated to help the publishers realize nothing is really different, no more turning in field service reports, no organizational insistence on service groups, etc. - everything will be done to help the rank & file realize nothing has really changed as far as what Jehovah expects of them in their personal ministry ... new light shines that in harmony with Matt 6:3, their ministry is between them and Jehovah, the organization is just a tool of the fds class to feed and supply tools (tracts especially) for the ministry, not to regulate it.

These are areas addressed in the court case that was settled recently. Not ordained as ministers of the Watchtower, ordination to preach good news for their God ... Organization does not arrange mandatory meetings to train in ministry ... meetings for field service are not mandated by the Organization .... the Organization does not insist that records of ministry are submitted .... they said these things to a court, now they have to make them true.

• mind blown
    mind blown

What is the biggest loss of $$$?

Law suits?

Litrature?

Losing Members (DF'd)?

It seems to me law suits and litrature (knocking out two birds with one stone) comes down to D2D plus this qoute from another poster below.

Continuing in the Kingdom-preaching work in these last days requires faith in Jehovah’s timing. The changing world situation may call for some changes in how the disciple-making work is carried on . The organization may occasionally make adjustments to address the needs of our activity as Kingdom proclaimers. We demonstrate faith in the God of “times and seasons” by fully cooperating with such adjustments as we serve loyally under his Son, the “head of the congregation.”—Eph. 5:23. - Emphasis added - w12 5/15 p. 20, para. 15

Also by saying "may occasionally make adjustments", they're gradually setting the stage for a change of D2D and I'm sure it has to do with liability. In either case it will have a huge impact on the psyche of JW's. As others have mentioned D2D is actually their "saving grace" for decades as JWs can say "who else does this work".

I don't have a feeling they'll get rid of preaching, just some sort of change....

And I'm sure the other liability will be brought of too of the 2 wit rule.

So much for my speculative talking out loud.......

• Londo111
    Londo111

As SIAM said, additional confirmation is needed. Otherwise, this is all conjecture about conjecture.

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX
    sir82 said - If someone flunks it, or refuses to submit to it, they would be forced to do "alternate" forms of witnessing (letter writing, telephone, informal, etc.).

I'm sorry... I tend to go off in the weeds sometimes... I can just visualize this in practice...

<scene opens on a lonely individual sitting in the dark with a telephone in one hand and... in the other>

RING ... RING ... RING ...

<householder answers phone> "Hello?"

<gravelly voice> "What are you wearing?" <pant> <pant>

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Londo111:

As SIAM said, additional confirmation is needed. Otherwise, this is all conjecture about conjecture.

My reply: I agree 100%. Everything on this thread is speculatory at best.

• mind blown
    mind blown

Hey Gayle just saying hi...

Haha......Jim_TX too funny....

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Baltar: "Only Elders are Ordained Ministers now"

This would be the end of the "No Clergy-Laity" distinction. JWs would be the new Catholic Church. They're pretty much like 'em already except without the beautiful churches and funky clothes.

BOC: the GB are getting squirrelly. . .

What do you mean "getting"? They've been squirrelly since Day 1!

I know what you mean just giving you a hard time. Their insanity is reaching fever-pitch levels, that's for sure!

Room 215: Look for the Society's biggest dollar drain, and bingo!.. that's where the change will be made

Good call - follow the money!

Ding: JWs gratefully accept new light from the faithful and discreet slave all the time. Within a week, most can't remember ever having believed otherwise.

Exactly! How often has "New Light" been announced and the majority of R&F say something like, "Well that's what I thought we already believed!?!"

• hoser
    hoser

" no more turning in field service reports, no organizational insistence on service groups, "

so are they going to reinstate all those africans that were df'd for refusing to put in their time and threw their time slips up toward heaven?

• hoser
    hoser

"These are areas addressed in the court case that was settled recently. Not ordained as ministers of the Watchtower, ordination to preach good

news for their God ... Organization does not arrange mandatory meetings to train in ministry ... meetings for field service are not mandated by the

Organization .... the Organization does not insist that records of ministry are submitted .... they said these things to a court, now they have to make

them true."

so will they change the baptism questions too?

• 00DAD
    00DAD

WHAT WOULD ACCOMPLISH ALL OF THESE GOALS?

• Reduce Expenses
    • Increase Income
    • Limit Liability
    • Tighten Control
    • Maintain Appearances

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit