Why get "personal" when discussing a topic?

by Terry 135 Replies latest jw friends

• Farkel
    Farkel

broken promises,

: I knew you couldn't help yourself in proving my words true. Instead of discussing things like a mature adult, you resorted to attacks. You don't have the intellectual capacity to engage in mature discussion. You're still a nerdy 15 year old, unable to talk to the pretty girls on the other side of the Kingdom Hall.

:I pity you.

Like I've said, morons and twits resort to ad hominems. They don't have any actual arguments and in your case, you drew first blood. But in this case, I won't retaliate. I'm a nerd who is unable to talk to pretty girls, right? So I will just waddle down somewhere and find some ugly fat and stupid girls to talk with. Since I don't "discuss things" like a mature adult and as someone who does not "have the intellectual capacity fo engage in mature discussion", I guess that leaves the ugly fat and stupid girls for me to talk with.

I bow to you, your worshipfulness. Now, would you be so kind as to post the major highlights of the body of work you've posted here that shows you are "mature" and "intellectual" since I'm so stupid? I need to learn from you and your vast experience and contributions. Be sure and show your skinny pictures and pretty pictures because I could never walk across the Hall and talk to anyone as worshipful as you. I will just look at them, be nerdy and drool.

By the way, comma, "pity" is the most evil feeling there is. It is not just condescending, it is self-glorifying. I'm happified to know you are so superior to those you feel that way about. Don't break your arm patting yourself on the back and glorifying yourself. It is most unbecoming

Farkel, Intellectual moron CLASS

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

How nice..

Another thread about People who don`t meet other Peoples Standards..

This should go well..

A Nice Person can start a Shit Storm any place they like..Just as long as they don`t Mention any Names..

This Nice Person has set a Trap for all the Bad People..

Watch what happens to THIS topic!
    Instead of discussing the IDEA of courteous debate there will be a few people who immediately steer it into ad hominem.

This Nice Person has pointed out the Bad People without Naming Names!..

Isn`t he Special?!..

Plus..

Everyone knows his name,so he must be Really Nice!

Anonymous posters with an alias are invisible as actual persons living in a real community.
    I have yet to see any of the worst offenders here divulge..

This Nice Person wouldn`t be so Disappointed in Other People..

If he would just Set the Bar at the Same Height..

As he Sets it for Himself..

Just lay it On the Floor and let People trip Over it..

...................... ...OUTLAW

• Chemical Emotions
    Chemical Emotions

Ah, Farkel, why do you bother? You are a nerdy 15YO, I'm a psychopath, talesin's a psycho...hey, it's cool. If that's what they think, it must be true.

• talesin
    talesin

LMAO!

• Twitch
    Twitch
    Ignoring those who disagree with you is sometimes a more mature position than a fight.

Sometimes known as the high road, it's also the path of least resistance. Not a bad thing when ego isn't a factor. Or when you don't give the proverbial rat's ass. .

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Now, now, Farkel, stop feeling sorry for yourself. Get off your seat, take a deep breath, and ask the pretty girl to dance.

You never know, she might even say yes!

• Terry
    Terry

In a court of law, when you kill somebody, the law concerns itself with MOTIVE.

Accidental? Crime of Passion? Premeditated intent?

In the last few days, on various Topics, I've seen a lot of personal name-calling.

Accidental? Crime of Passion? Premeditated intent?

Mostly, I'd say it is the Crime of Passion being committed. Lot's of Frustration with others. A lot of debate with neither side willing to shape

a well-reasoned (and brief) response. Lots of cut-and-paste.

With so much passion and so little patience or persuasion where else could it lead except to frustration and lashing out?

But, not all offending posters are merely frustrated and emotionally volatile.

There are certain personalities who seek out certain other posters (enemy's list?) and stir them up with taunts, jibes, insults, provocations and baited-arguments (Troll style). Can this be anything other than Premeditated Intent?

When the same people provoke the same ghetto gang wars over and over and over isn't Motive clear enough?

Here is how I see the dividing line.

Look at any "fight" on any Topic.

Look at who is willing to list reasons, causes, effects and cite sources......THEN...

Look at who is filabustering, getting off topic, picking on the other person and name-calling.

When the bait is taken it becomes mere sport-fishing for one and a counterfeit debate just to provoke as public spectacle.

If somebody smacks you upside the head verbally you can:

1: Be Jesus and give them the other side to smack

2: Warn them off and disconnect

3: Join the fight and create a Flame War

4: Cry out for a Moderator

5: Continue slogging away with facts, reasons, persuasive responses for the rest of those participating

Personally I've tried ALL THE ABOVE!

It makes coming to JW-net a hostile enviornment and uphill battle rather than an arena for idea-exchange, growth and healing.

In the end, Turf wars are for little minds, crippled souls and rot gut thinkers.

I see the shit-stirrers as injured people who cannot heal becasue they can't find an honest mindset as a path.

So, they become cyber bullies spraying graffitti laced with nasty and angry spew and holding up a mirror to their character rot.

• panhandlegirl
    panhandlegirl

: What/who is defined as a "newbi?"

Oh, someone who cannot spell it would be a good guess.

Farkel

Okay, I will rephrase the question and ask another one.

What/who is defined as a "newbie?" and Why are you mad? I really just want to know. I don't whine, don't need a pat on the back, or anyone to whisper in my ear to tell me I'm smart. I want to associate with those who have endured what I have lived through as an exjw. They are the only ones who can understand how I feel as I continue to endure because, although I have a large family, everyone shuns me. I'm one of the ones wearing a white hat.

• still thinking
    still thinking
    When the same people provoke the same ghetto gang wars over and over and over isn't Motive clear enough?

Actually.....no

But, not all offending posters are merely frustrated and emotionally volatile.
    There are certain personalities who seek out certain other posters (enemy's list?) and stir them up with taunts, jibes, insults, provocations and baited-arguments (Troll style). Can this be anything other than Premeditated Intent?

Really? Isn't it possible they are interested in the same topics, but from a different perspective? Are people really seeking specific people out?

If the topic is american politics....don't those who are interested in that end up looking at the same threads?

What about religion, god, belief? Doesn't there have to be interest in that to even look there?

Quite often when I post, it is to not only share thoughts and ideas, it is to sort ideas out in my own head. It's more than likely that my style and what I post does not interest many others here, they may not like it even....but you cannot please everyone, and personally, I am not trying to. There are many posters and posting styles I do not relate to either...so what? Do we all have to behave the same to be acceptable?

Is this thread itself not baiting? Isn't your last post full of taunts and jibes? And worse still, no one knows who they ARE aimed at. So, apart from people who feel they are perfect in every way when posting on JWN...most people will be feeling a bit attacked by some of what you are saying.

• still thinking
    still thinking
    In the end, Turf wars are for little minds, crippled souls and rot gut thinkers.
    I see the shit-stirrers as injured people who cannot heal becasue they can't find an honest mindset as a path.

Turf wars? seriously?

This selection of words is unbelievably horrible....and I can't believe you of all people are putting them together this way to hurl insults in everyones general direction.

All I can say is that you must have been really hurt by what happened on your thread. And I am sorry that has been your experience. I didn't really follow that thread very closely so I am unclear as to what happened there. And I don't want to go and look since it seems to have upset you so much.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit