Why get "personal" when discussing a topic?

by Terry 135 Replies latest jw friends

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

“Is "closed-minded" an adjective or a noun? ”

Closed-minded is an adjective.

Closed-mindedness is a noun

• Terry
    Terry

Here is an interesting example of a dramatic propaganda designed to polarize the people who react to it.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    Here is an interesting example of a dramatic propaganda designed to polarize the people who react to it.....Terry

You Mean like Black People?

You look Good in your New Outfit..

.............................. ...OUTLAW

• ammo
    ammo

Dear Tec, :) + x to you, you're extreme patience and faith, blended with genuine compassion is transparent to me.

St, I understand what you are saying in regard to your post, but as far as a believer, well the only thing I believe in these days is fair play, I have not picked up a bible since I walked out on the 5th of april this year, I can't even look at it, I do see the frustration for both sides of the coin. The Song thats rolling around in my head these days is John Lennon's - 'God' song .....

Talesin, greetings to you! I should of been more clear in my post, I was in a hurry-I apologize because yes people that tell there story are warmly received. It was actually the content I was hesitant to bring up, the errr well lets say unexplained phenomena side of things is/ can be met with disbelief,to say the least, understandably.

James i can only apologize for the 'closemindedness' and hope that it will become more open and flexible, I don't want to reside in the peanut gallery forever.

And Terry, dear Terry, yes my dear man I too thought by the end of it that post was a bit 'Windy n long' aside from the whaaa whaaa emotional bleating of it though, I still stand by it. I'll try to take a feather from your cap in regard to the length of things xx

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

well being honest only got upset once on this site and logged off for a month. The troll PM'ed me something demeaning and rude. I don't care now it's just a thing... don't take them serious life is too short

• dreamgolfer
    dreamgolfer

Terry,

I agree with what you wrote and can not ever be in a position to deny how your feel - that is the truth of it all, (well my therapist sez that anyway) you do own those feelings.

But to make and take things personal - there is not need, we all have nothing to gain when we do that.

Look it, we are all wounded and hurt from what we went through and WHAT WE ARE ALL GOING thru NOW! so I think compassion is due to each and everyone that posts , as well as mutual respect.

Heck, we are not perfect and we will make mistakes in what we write, so lets try to understand that "typing on a keyboard" does not give the right flavor all the time, but to get personal - I don't think there is any reason or method to make one feel that way.

to quote a man no longer with us

"Why can't we all just get along"

Love to all always

DG

• Glander
    Glander

What a pussy!

I'm kidding !

• wasblind
    wasblind

Wow Outlaw, your surgical, your proof that less is more

when applied correctly you make clear concise statements wit only a few post

• ballistic
  • ballistic
    ballistic

Sorry no pictures on here with my OS and browser.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit