Anonymous Message to Watchtower

by jwleaks 343 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• jamesmahon
    jamesmahon

Hi Flipper

I never called you a child molester.

Previous post

I didn't SAY you were a child molester, just a child molester/ WT / JW apologist. Unless I'm hitting a nerve that's getting a bit too close for comfort for you.

Perhaps you would like to withdraw the second sentence there then. And to be honest calling me a molestor apologist is hardly better is it? Anyway, never mind. Have a different opinion on how to protect children so that means I am what, making excuses or trying to protect molestors? Forget it.

As to why you tend to defend the WT.

I havn't. I have been saying that releasing this list may endanger children and Anonymous could do more damage by going for documents that link the governing body with wanting to cover up abuse to save the WT reputation. My posts are long and tedious so maybe you missed that.

WT society has assets and multi- billion $$$ property investments to protect, so my assertion is there are criminally insane and morally devoid individuals running the top of the WT society organization. They'd never choose to implement a policy to go to police authorites first because they have too much to lose ! If you don't believe that then why have elders under WT society instruction disfellowshipped countless numbers of JW's who report to police authorities that a family member has been molested ? Even those who have reported that their own children having been molested in trying to get justice reporting it to police- have been literally kicked out of congregations thrown under the bus and cut off from their families- shunned.

Yup. Which is why simply changing the policy - unless it is "you must report all allegations to the police first" - will always fail because the culture is one to cover this up. Releasing this list will neither change the policy to the one above (if at all) or change that culture. The fact the society has a list of 23,000 names that are people with 2 accusers is already in the public domain.

You mentioned a hypothetical situation of announcing WHO a molester is from the platform . I've actually seen that happen ! In 1998 a middle aged JW man ran up onto the stage after a WT study grabbing the microphone from the elder and told the audience " brother So and So sitting over there is a child molester ! He's abused 7 children here in 20 years and if you love your children you will keep them away from him ! " So I ask you James : What made that JW man FEEL he needed to say this out loud to warn 150 people, including parents , about this child molester ? Because he KNEW the WT society's child abuse policies were and are deficient and that the ELDERS would NOT breathe a word of warning to parents as to WHO the child molester was so they might protect their children from harm ! That man that stormed the stage that day- became my new hero ! The elder grabbed the microphone from him and said, " brothers and sisters we are aware of the situation and we are handling it " . O.K. Fine. But that still wouldn't help parents know WHO to keep their child away from.

More exciting than the average meeting. But what happened next? Did he remain in the congregation? Did the abuse stop? Did people treat him differently? Actually this is really interesting because here is actual evidence of what happens when someone does get named and shamed.

James : You go on and on saying sites like Megan's Law won't help prevent children from getting abused . What kind of a statement is that ? Pictures of the child molesters are posted , also in California here it narrows down to the addresses of where these criminals are . Tell me, how does that ENDANGER children instead of helping parents to protect their children in knowing where these bastards are ? So yes- I feel community awareness is a route that WILL work better than no communication at all about prospective and past child molesters who may stalk and reoffend. It keeps the public notified. I would think being a victim yourself, you'd agree with that ?

I want children protected. I wasn't. It wasn't in the hall, but my experience is irelevant. It really is. Have a look at the NSPCC report. It specifically mentions California. Have a read from page 50 onwards. Basically they conclude that no, whilst the public feel safer in reality there is no evidence they are and that community notification may make things worse by driving molestors underground and also stopping reporting of abuse by family members for fear the family will be stigmitised. So no, I don't agree keeping the public notified is a good thing. Maybe more evidence will come out but currently whilst it seems counterintuitive there is good reason to not have blanket notification. What they are trialling over here is allowing someone who has started a relationship with someone to enquire about their past. Maybe this will work, although not sure.

My own JW elder dad 7 elder brother informed JW parents privately by phone in their congregation when two registered csex offenders moved into the congreagtion. These men had served hard time in prison for their offenses then became Witnesses. My dad and brother were not tOLD to do this from the WT society, but morally took it upon themselves to do this to protect children and inform parents so THEY could protect their children. Ironically though, do you realize if a Circuit Overseer or WT leaders found out my dad and brother did that- they would have lost their elders positions due to going against the WT society's policy of keeping confidentiality ? So it comes down to this : Are elders going to follow their own inner moral compass, or allow the WT society to dictate an immoral , criminally negligent compass in order to protect a unethical, morally devoid WT leadership ? THAT is the dilemma facing elders today. Also the fact that the WT society will throw elders under the bus and not back them up. There are a lot of elders running scared right now due to " Mother " WT society not backing them up if they try to do the right thing for child victims.

Interesting point. Not really comparable as these men were convicted and the right way around this is as they are proposing in australia (or doing) where anyone coming into contact with children must be criminal record checked. Then it would not be anyone's moral responsibility. This raises the question for any church or society about how you monitor convicted molestors. Would I want them in my church? (well, if i went to one). No. Does the knowledge protect my children? Yup. Would I be glad your dad told me? Yup. But again the question would be what happened next? If these men were bent on abusing they would have just moved to a different congregation or different church or find a different mechanism to do what they want. But in any case we are talking about partial notification to people who have children potentially at risk and the men are convicted and not accused. The evidence is still being gathered as to whether this works as it is very similar to what is being tried over here. It may well work. What anonymous is doing is international notification of men accused. Very different.

As to you never seeing " this side " of me - I have very strong feelings about child abuse victims. I have lots of good friends on this board who have been child raped literally and raped in their minds by WT society criminal policies , and my 1st JW wife of 19 yrs. was molested as well, with nothing done about it. Due to the lack of caring from elders she had flashbacks in her late 30's and would not get help from a counselor, it cost us our marriage and caused a broken home for our then teenage children . So yes, I do get emotional and aggressive discussing this subject. I tolerate no ignorance about it. And I make no apologies for not tolerating ignorance when it's such a vicious crime that destroys people, many of them for life. O.K. I'm done. This isn't a Kingdom hall, it's real life. Peace out, Mr. Flipper

As passionately as I feel about it. But passion should not mean that we don't consider the consequences of what is being proposed because of anger towards molestors. Especially if there is evidence that is worthy of consideration that this is unlikely to 'work' in terms of protecting children. And it still disturbs me that people are so willing to convict everyone on this list because of two witnessess whilst then going on to lambast how shite the elders are at investigating these things and doing things properly. And then this view that it is ok to ruin innocent people's lives to punish others. That is really distasteful and no one has said to me how many innocent people and their families are 'expendable' to warrant one guilty person being expelled from the congregation.

• jamesmahon
    jamesmahon

Outlaw

Accusing someone of being a child molestor is so low I don't know where to begin. And then not to apologise but make it sound like I should have made it explicit I was not a molestor? Think I couldn't type anything that would be a worse slight on your character than what your last couple of posts.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Please, everyone, be careful. This discussion is making me nervous.

I feel zero sympathy for the wts like you but that doesn't mean crime is the answer.

If you feel it is, that's your business but I would really, really hate to see this forum harmed because it's playing a role in conspiring to commit crimes.

Even if that's not possible in this site's host country, the owner has asked us not to and it's his "house" so shouldn't we be good guests?

If this thing is real those who want to participate could do so on 4chan, correct?

Posting Guidelines

To ensure all users feel safe and keen to participate, please avoid:

Breaking the law

4. This includes libel, condoning illegal activity

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

Rebel8, odd, as there's absolutely no trace of the report on Arstechnica. Googling for "Anonymous attack Jehovah's Witnesses" gives hits: but the 1st two are to this site (and 3rd is a forum on topix). I haven't dug into it deeply, and read all the threads here (in fact, I didn't realize the 'anonymous' word in the titles was referring to attacks by Anon, the hacking outfit!), but I'll dig around some more. Right this moment, I'm inclined to call BS, as if someone's pranking someone.

If it IS for realz, it's not making much of a splash in terms of web presence. Any random dude can buy a Guy Falkes mask and make a video, posting it on YouTube....

• puffthedragon
    puffthedragon

I agree that just because someone is on the WT/pedo list, does not automatically mean they are guilty. Heck, if a girl crashes at a guys house and sleeps on the couch, some elders will take that as proof they slept together if someone (ok 2 ppl) saw her car there all night. And they could be df'd. WT logic is just plain bonkers.

That said, I think it would be funny if all offical jw sites were redirected to jwfacts or silentlambs somehow.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    Outlaw
    Accusing someone of being a child molestor is so low I don't know where to begin.
    And then not to apologise but make it sound like I should have made it explicit I was not a molestor?
    Think I couldn't type anything that would be a worse slight on your character than what your last couple of posts.

Your a Liar..

I didn`t accuse you of being a Child Molester..

I "ASKED" you if you were on the WBT$ pedophile list..Or..Were Pro WBT$..

It`s obvious you don`t want that list made public..

You`ve gone so far as to suggest..

Anonymous may be Child Molesters or Child Molester supporters..

I think everyone has a pretty good idea what your up to..

Protect the WBT$ at Any Cost..

Make shit up..Divert..Lie..What ever it takes..

............................. ...OUTLAW

• Razziel
    Razziel

That second video was F'n awesome.

Unfortunately doing what is right, and doing what is necessary are not always the same thing. Groups like Anonymous may not always be doing what is right, but they very well may be doing what is necessary.

• blindnomore
    blindnomore

James: "Look at Blindnomore's experience. This had nothing to do with policy."

Did you mean Watchtower policy? I am not going to post much detail how they handled our case for privacy reason. All I can say is that the Watchtower and their elders(at least here in locally) operate the business like that of Nazi or Communist.

The elders concealed the evidence of crimes and lied to the police chief and the investigating detective. Under our(victims) demanding, the elders finally made a report(we are in a mendatory reporting State) to the authority but did so in anonymously, as a friend(not as a clergy) of father of the child. The authority never even took the report since it was done anonymously with very little information. After that the elders claimed they reported it. (good thing we reported it with or without elders appoval. I was threatned to be marked for cooperating of police investigation. My other child was even told of being disloyal to Jehovah for her cooperating with the police by COBOE. All my family suffered with PTSD and anxiety attact due to elders' vicious persecution. Their persecution on my family went on for several years and I had been marked 3 different times during those time before they finally excuted me)

The detective was pretty upset with the elders through out. He told me how arrogont and uncooperative elders are. He said he has never experienced anything right this before with clergy. According to the detective, churches usually very cooperative and come forward to the law enforcement even before they aware of the crimes especially on child sexual abuse cases. He said these Jehovah's Witnesses elders are protecting child abuser.

The elders and Watchtower basically impaired the police investigation in our case. There was 2nd victim, a non-JW, but moved out of the State. The 3rd victim was another young JW girl. Her parents initially was going to report it to the police and the congregation. But changed their mind after witnessing what's happening to us by the elders. The mother of 3rd victim told me there's no way they are going to allow their daughter put into a such situation with elders. Well, elders ended up disfellowshipped my child. I don't blame the other parents for their decision not to report but become inactive.

• LV101
    LV101

love the video --- LOVE Anonymous

• 3dogs1husband
    3dogs1husband

http://anonnews.org/ can any one make sense of this?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit