Anonymous Message to Watchtower

by jwleaks 343 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• jamesmahon
    jamesmahon

Ok - just posted this request at the NSPCC:

It has come to my attention that the group Anonymous wish to publish a list of 23,000 names of Jehovah's Witness men who have been accused of child molestation by at least two witnesses.

The Jehovah's Witness policy is not to inform police in these cases.

I am concerned that releasing these names is akin to community notification except the men are accused only and not convicted. Having read your report on Megan's Law whilst I appreciate the actions of Anonymous in trying to protect children my concern is that the action could have the opposite effect and actually put more children at risk of harm. If the NSPCC concurs with this judgement would it be worth trying to get a message to anonymous that the release of such a list of names may be counterproductive and not meet their aims?

Sorry, I know this is a strange enquiry and happy to provide more information as required.

Says 5 day response but will give them a ring in a couple of days. Will keep you posted. And if they think releasing the list is a good idea I will not shy away from posting that.

• flipper
    flipper

JAMES MAHON- I am truly sorry that you were a victim of abuse. I'm sorry that happened to you. That being said- I never called you a child molester. I said that you are a WT / child abuse policy apologist . Big difference. Which in you being a child abuse victim is quite perplexing to me. As to why you tend to defend the WT. You think that by just going to the police that a magic wand will be cast over the WT leaders and they will all be good boys and act legally and obey the law. It's not that simple.

WT society has assets and multi- billion $$$ property investments to protect, so my assertion is there are criminally insane and morally devoid individuals running the top of the WT society organization. They'd never choose to implement a policy to go to police authorites first because they have too much to lose ! If you don't believe that then why have elders under WT society instruction disfellowshipped countless numbers of JW's who report to police authorities that a family member has been molested ? Even those who have reported that their own children having been molested in trying to get justice reporting it to police- have been literally kicked out of congregations thrown under the bus and cut off from their families- shunned.

You mentioned a hypothetical situation of announcing WHO a molester is from the platform . I've actually seen that happen ! In 1998 a middle aged JW man ran up onto the stage after a WT study grabbing the microphone from the elder and told the audience " brother So and So sitting over there is a child molester ! He's abused 7 children here in 20 years and if you love your children you will keep them away from him ! " So I ask you James : What made that JW man FEEL he needed to say this out loud to warn 150 people, including parents , about this child molester ? Because he KNEW the WT society's child abuse policies were and are deficient and that the ELDERS would NOT breathe a word of warning to parents as to WHO the child molester was so they might protect their children from harm ! That man that stormed the stage that day- became my new hero ! The elder grabbed the microphone from him and said, " brothers and sisters we are aware of the situation and we are handling it " . O.K. Fine. But that still wouldn't help parents know WHO to keep their child away from.

James : You go on and on saying sites like Megan's Law won't help prevent children from getting abused . What kind of a statement is that ? Pictures of the child molesters are posted , also in California here it narrows down to the addresses of where these criminals are . Tell me, how does that ENDANGER children instead of helping parents to protect their children in knowing where these bastards are ? So yes- I feel community awareness is a route that WILL work better than no communication at all about prospective and past child molesters who may stalk and reoffend. It keeps the public notified. I would think being a victim yourself, you'd agree with that ?

My own JW elder dad 7 elder brother informed JW parents privately by phone in their congregation when two registered csex offenders moved into the congreagtion. These men had served hard time in prison for their offenses then became Witnesses. My dad and brother were not tOLD to do this from the WT society, but morally took it upon themselves to do this to protect children and inform parents so THEY could protect their children. Ironically though, do you realize if a Circuit Overseer or WT leaders found out my dad and brother did that- they would have lost their elders positions due to going against the WT society's policy of keeping confidentiality ? So it comes down to this : Are elders going to follow their own inner moral compass, or allow the WT society to dictate an immoral , criminally negligent compass in order to protect a unethical, morally devoid WT leadership ? THAT is the dilemma facing elders today. Also the fact that the WT society will throw elders under the bus and not back them up. There are a lot of elders running scared right now due to " Mother " WT society not backing them up if they try to do the right thing for child victims.

As to you never seeing " this side " of me - I have very strong feelings about child abuse victims. I have lots of good friends on this board who have been child raped literally and raped in their minds by WT society criminal policies , and my 1st JW wife of 19 yrs. was molested as well, with nothing done about it. Due to the lack of caring from elders she had flashbacks in her late 30's and would not get help from a counselor, it cost us our marriage and caused a broken home for our then teenage children . So yes, I do get emotional and aggressive discussing this subject. I tolerate no ignorance about it. And I make no apologies for not tolerating ignorance when it's such a vicious crime that destroys people, many of them for life. O.K. I'm done. This isn't a Kingdom hall, it's real life

• jamesmahon
    jamesmahon

Outlaw. No. I am not a child molestor. To be honest I think both you and Flipper owe me an apology. Not expecting one but I somehow think it unlikely that you would insinuate to someone's face they were a child molestor because they happened to think that releasing names of accused child molestors might not be a good idea. Or maybe you would. I really get off on calling people pedophiles in an argument. I find it always makes for constructive debate to try to just insult them in just about the worse way possible rather than discuss their points.

The NSPCC is an organisation set up to protect children. They do stacks of research on what really protects children from abuse. They think community notification is largely a bad idea. If at all it should be on a case by case basis but they could find no evidence it worked. The only issue worth debating is whether the release of this list is akin to community notification. If they see it the same way I do - that it is close enough to be concerned about this action by anonymous - which is all I have argued, then they, by your own posts here, they are either 'hiding something' (molestors) or molestor sympathisers. So it is not a strawman argument. Unless you think i am a child molestor in which case I just said it to distract attention from that.

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

The way they respond to developments such as this proposed attack by Anonymous may not necessarily make sense to them or to others.

We know exactly how it'll be interpreted: Satan is attacking us!!!

BTW, Anonymous doesn't care about causes or "saving the children":they are not an outlaw band of renegades out to make the World a better place, or right wrongs, etc. There's no organizational structure (think of like Al Qaeda, with loosely members connected only by an ideology), so there's no GB to lead/prosecute. They will engage in attacks that are often contradictory, or done only for "the LULZ" (done purely out of joy of watching the chaos they can cause).

They could care less about the damaging outcome of their public disclosures: that's not their concern, in the least.

I followed the Anon attack of some security firm (can't remember their name, but they had claimed to IDed Anon members) a few years ago on Arstechnica (a website that has excellent coverage of Anon-actions), and the fact is Anon's public disclosure of wrongdoing actually renders some evidence as inadmissable in court, since the defense can complain that the information was possibly tainted as it was outside of their chain of custody.

So Anon's actions are NOT always a good thing, if you're looking for your justice in the form of that kind delivered in a court room, and not simply as a public spectacle done trying to embarrass potential defendents.

• rebel8
    rebel8

I think the power of Anonymous influencing public opinion about the cult is being underestimated. Time will tell.
    Influencing public opinion, albeit an indirect, non-immediate effect, will protect children not only from sex abuse but from religious abuse, because less people will join up.

Reducing the social acceptability of dubism = reducing cult membership

Of course I do not condone illegal activity which is rule #4 on the posting guidelines here on this forum.

So I ask again: Is there any actual evidence the group Anonymous is really involved in anti-wts activity? How do we know this is not 1 random guy with a mask making videos and blogging, who has nothing to do with 4chan?

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

Rebel 8 asked:

So I ask again: Is there any actual evidence the group Anonymous is really involved in anti-wts activity? How do we know this is not 1 random guy with a mask making videos and blogging, who has nothing to do with 4chan?

Anon is NOT an organized group, with offical spokespersons, etc. In fact, ANYONE can claim to represent them, and sometimes will use the logo. Splinter cells can spontaneously form for certain actions, without knowing exactly who's involved, and dismantle just as quickly. So there is no way of knowing for sure (other than IT guys who can record the attacks, if DDOS, or if there's attempted break-ins by looking at activity on server's ports for cracking attempts; or worse case, if they manage to break in, the actual files are posted to piratebay, etc).

• rebel8
    rebel8

Yes, exactly, but in all 7 pages so far the posters seem to believe the 4chan group is really involved.

Having been burned by my colossally infamous candle vigil thread for a nonexistent dying xjw, I am skeptical. Time will tell.

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

Yeah, I'm headed over to arstechnica.com to see what they have to say about it: they are well-connected journalists, and up on tech side (obviously).

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    Outlaw. No. I am not a child molestor.....JM

Was that So Hard?..

I asked you a tough question..I accused you of nothing..

I owe you nothing..

If they see it the same way I do - that it is close enough to be concerned about this action by anonymous -
    which is all I have argued, then they, by your own posts here, they are either 'hiding something' (molestors) or molestor sympathisers.....JM

Ahhhh..

So now Anonymous may be the Child Molesters and or Child Molester Sympathisers..

Makes perfect sense if your Head has been Run Over by a Bus..

Your desperate to save the WBT$ and..

Grasping at Straws..

............................ ...OUTLAW

• Indian Larry
    Indian Larry

Now would be a good time for anyone in Bethel who has had their eyes opened to help. Any info at all about the computer where these files are held can help them. A password, a IP Address, a name for who does have the access, anything could help them. If you are in Bethel, and reading this, your eyes have been opened already. Think about it. Pray about it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit