The start of Armageddon

by Armageddon-Messenger 125 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Chariklo
    Chariklo
    Suddenly, just as with the Canaanites, frost giants aren't to be considered as ordinary people who only seek to be loved and accepted?

Where is your evidence for this statement, Cedars? Do you have references?

As far as I know, the frost giants have evil intentions towards humankind. Thor fights on the side of humans and against evil. So...

The more you speak of Thor, the more his legacy of intolerance and violence begins to unravel...

I think you're confusing Thor with the God of the Watchtower. Is it so hard to imagine a god who is a genunine good guy and on your side and the side of the underdog?

The thing that really angers Thor most of all is destruction of the Earth and nature, and of all humans who live in haromny with that eco-system.

• james_woods
    james_woods

(James places the troll clock on hold - total elapsed troll time only about 3 hours)

• cedars
    cedars

Chariklo

As far as I know, the frost giants have evil intentions towards humankind.

A common misconception, but I understand if you have been brainwashed to some extent by Elderelite. Let me assure you - some of the nicest people I've ever met are frost giants.

The thing that really angers Thor most of all is destruction of the Earth and nature, and of all humans who live in haromny with that eco-system.

And you're asking ME for references?! When do I get to see some references to support the above statement? Last time I checked, Thor wasn't much of a philanthropist, or even much of a writer for that matter. Hammer-throwing and carnage seems to trump literacy in his world. The Thor of folklore only appears to be interested in hurling handtools at people and ripping the heads off livestock, not the hippy manifesto that you seem to suggest.

Cedars

• elderelite
    elderelite

Lol... Dont take it hard charlie... I fugure cedars for a loki follower. Devious and tricky that one... But its ok. As much as he derides the Thundered his admeration and respect show through :-)

• cedars
    cedars

james_woods - out of curiosity, why are you pausing the troll clock. Have you become a believer too? Did Celine win you over?

Cedars

• james_woods
    james_woods

I paused the troll clock because I have become suspicious that A-M has given up, thus suspending troll time for now.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

You doubt my references, Cedars?

Hah!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ymir

"n Norse mythology, Ymir, Aurgelmir, Brimir, or Bláinn is a primeval being born of primordial elemental poison and the ancestor of all jötnar . Ymir is attested in the Poetic Edda, compiled in the 13th century from earlier tradition material, in the Prose Edda, written by Snorri Sturluson in the 13th century, and in the poetry of skalds. Taken together, several stanzas from four poems collected in the Poetic Edda refer to Ymir as a primeval being who was born from venom that dripped from the icy rivers Élivágar and lived in the grassless void of Ginnungagap. Ymir birthed a male and female from the pits of his arms, and his legs together begat a six-headed being. The gods Odin, Vili, and Vé fashioned the Earth (elsewhere personified as a goddess; Jörð ) from his flesh, from his blood the ocean, from his bones the hills, from his hair the trees, from his brains the clouds, from his skull the heavens, and from his eyebrows the middle realm in which mankind lives, Midgard. In addition, one stanza relates that the dwarfs were given life by the gods from Ymir's flesh and blood (or the Earth and sea)."

NB: "born of primordial elemental poison". Is that bad enough for you?

http://ancienthistory.about.com/od/creationmyths/a/11083199Norse.htm

http://www.odinsvolk.ca/O.V.A.%20-%20COSMOLOGY.htm

Jotunheim is the realm of the giants. From here they menace mankind"

Thor is our protection against that menace and all others. Good old Thor, I say!

• cedars
    cedars

james_woods

I paused the troll clock because I have become suspicious that A-M has given up, thus suspending troll time for now.

Dammit, I really wanted him to denounce Thorism and explain the importance of Celine Dion too. It's lonely being a Thor heretic on this forum, and I could use some moral support. Also, the blog post about Celine Dion, complete with lyrics, intrigues me.

I guess that's my evening's entertainment up in smoke.

Cedars

• elderelite
    elderelite

The fact that you are the only one should tell you something loki...

• cedars
    cedars

Chariklo:

Ymir, Aurgelmir, Brimir, or Bláinn is a primeval being born of primordial elemental poison and the ancestor of all jötnar .

Sounds perfectly believable and historically accurate so far...

Ymir is attested in the Poetic Edda, compiled in the 13th century from earlier tradition material, in the Prose Edda, written by Snorri Sturluson in the 13th century, and in the poetry of skalds.

Wow, it's attested to in poetry! Well why didn't you say? I believe all stories in poetry as though they are historical commentary...

Taken together, several stanzas from four poems collected in the Poetic Edda refer to Ymir as a primeval being who was born from venom that dripped from the icy rivers Élivágar and lived in the grassless void of Ginnungagap.

Yes, I do know of many primeval beings who were born that way, but I can tell you that grassless voids can be perilous conditions in which to raise a young primeval being. There's hardly any grass there, you see...

Ymir birthed a male and female from the pits of his arms,

I'm sure that's perfectly plausible medically speaking.

and his legs together begat a six-headed being.

Why have one head when you can have six? It's always practical to keep spares just in case someone throws a hammer at you...

The gods Odin, Vili, and Vé fashioned the Earth (elsewhere personified as a goddess; Jörð ) from his flesh, from his blood the ocean, from his bones the hills, from his hair the trees, from his brains the clouds, from his skull the heavens, and from his eyebrows the middle realm in which mankind lives, Midgard.

Interestingly I'm reading a book on geology at the moment, and it seems to correspond entirely with this account. This also explains why the middle realm suspiciously resembles a pair of eyebrows.

In addition, one stanza relates that the dwarfs were given life by the gods from Ymir's flesh and blood (or the Earth and sea)."

True, it is difficult not to like a creature that gives life to vertically-challenged individuals using its own body parts.

You're right Chariklo - how could I ever doubt the historical authenticity of your references?!

laughing

Cedars

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit