Spare the Rod and spoil the child, How did that work for you

by jam 210 Replies latest jw friends

• wasblind
    wasblind

Did you say your Psychic and can tell if the occasional hit will affect your children or not, just like your mother ???

CE, usually when folk are happy in doin' something, they are enjoyin' it

• Chemical Emotions
    Chemical Emotions

Not a damn one, i don't know where she gettin' this fictitious mess from that we enjoy punishin' our kids

UNTRUE, NEVER SAID IT.

Sounds like you two are forgetting that Chemical is still a yung un', they're observations are usually correct, it's us old folks that just don't seem to get .

RUDE. Obviously sarcastic. I never claimed that. I respect those older than me as a rule and look to many older ones for advice, as is obvious from many of my other posts.

*facepalm!* oh I totally forgot that Shirley. Yeah, an 18 year old living at home with her parents knows vastly more about parenting than a 47 year old woman who's been married close to 20 years and has four kids ranging in age from 18 to 8. How in the hell could I not see that?

Just rude. Seriously. Not neccesary. I never claimed to know more about parenting, I admitted that I know little. This one aspect I feel strongly about, not parenting in general.

If you all want to be like that, fine. But it does little to further the thread. It's petty and rude.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Rude? LoL, nah that's called gentle ribbing. I'm sorry if you took offense to it CE. Adults sometimes do that to each other. You're 18 now, right?

• wasblind
    wasblind

repeat

CE, usually when folk are happy in doin' something, they are enjoyin' it

• Chemical Emotions
    Chemical Emotions

Wasblind, that was meant as a joke. Please reread my post.

Just forget I posted at all, MRs Jones. You don't understand. Nevermind. I'm ruining this thread by sharing anything at all. I should have never tried to discuss anything. I am sorry.

I'm so sick of being told what i don't know. I don't claim to know how to raise kids. I've said before that being a parent must be harder than anything else in the world. But god forbid I disagree with one aspect of raising kids. Suddenly I'm the typical know-it-all teen.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

CE, just to let you know I was treated the same way when I was 18, maybe because I really didn't know it all. This soon will pass, trust an old 47 year old woman. 30 years can go by almost like the blink of an eye.

• Chemical Emotions
    Chemical Emotions

Gentle ribbing is when someone teases me about being short. A group of posters going off-topic on a serious thread to make fun of one poster is kind of rude. I don't really care, except that it's a sensitive subject with me. I have had way too many people dismiss my opinions and ideas simply because I'm young.

I am no longer going to divulge my age. When I do, certain people jump to conclusions about me on so many aspects. I do not need that. It merely distracts from the topic(s) on hand.

wasblind, you hit your kid. You posted about it with no shame. You were not sad about posting about it, were you? You don't feel guilty, so you. To me, that means you were happy that you used hitting as a punishment-perhaps not at the momnet you did so, but at least in retrospect.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Hm, teasing you about being short would be mean. I don't tease short people. What I said is not the same. And folks with long memories like myself already know your age. We remember the hoopla from last year and earlier this year.

Uitmately this is your opinion and I don't think Was really cares. Her child is grown now and about to finish college so you're kinda beating a dead horse there.

• Chemical Emotions
    Chemical Emotions

If you won't take me seriously, I have no reason to post, except to clarify or comment on other posts. I've asked for advice from adults, I've commented many times on how hard parenting must be and how i know i won't be mature enough for it for quite a few years. I've tried to be freinds with older ones on this and other sites. I've asked about older people's experiences as parents, and in life in general. Much of this can be seen just on this site.

I never claimed to know it all. I'm sorry if my believeing that hitting kids is wrong somehow qaulifies as "thinking i know it all". I have many wishy-washy opinions because I know that i don't have much experienc in life. I look for advice and various opinions, and I want to experience life before making too many dogmatic assertations. But the few strong opinions i have i will probably never back down on. This is one of them.

That is all I have to say unless anyone wants to have a mature discussion with me.

EDIT: My boyfriend frequently teases my about my shortness. I don't think it's mean. I suppose some people would.

Maybe what you and I think is "teasing" is a little different. Some things like my shortness or my buck teeth just don't bother me if it's gentle teasing (apparently I'm a beaver ;) ), and other things drive me crazy.

You don't know whether I'm 17 or 18, do you. Hm. Interesting. Good.

• jam
    jam

CE; I am 65 yrs. old and I still learn things from my grandson,

he is 9yrs old and his parents (my wife kids). They do not spank.

I have seen (both grandsons 9Yrs and 4yrs), they do something

that upset their grandmother (my wife), she set and talk with them

and it bring them to tears because they hurt or disobeyed their

Granny. That,s amazing to me. I raised four , two boys and two

girls. If I had to do it over, definitely different. I see the patience

they have with the grand kids( my wife kids) , most people think the kids are genius

because they communicate so well with adults, and great kids.

So what I am saying, I have never knew anyone that did not

spank their kids. The results so far, good.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit