Spare the Rod and spoil the child, How did that work for you

by jam 210 Replies latest jw friends

• Chemical Emotions
    Chemical Emotions

Solomon: The funny thing is that people need to get a license to drive a car, but does someone want to have children? No classes required, no license, no training, etc. Everyone can do it without having to do absolutely anything else (except possess a pair of gonads, and get busy). Probably why everyone feels entitled to do so, huh? :)

Yup, I suppose you're right. It's quite interesting, and something I've thought about a lot. :)

@cofty: Wow, thanks for defending me! I couldn't sleep last night because this thread made me very stressed (yes, i get stressed quite easily)... but your post made me feel better. And I just want to say that I appreciate your reasonable, calm approach you've taken on this thread. You didn't let your emotions get the best of you like I did. I really admire that. How do you do it?

wasblind: Um, just another clarification: That is not what I was joking about. I was joking about not being psychic. I'm sure you didn't mean to take my words out of context, but you did misunderstand me. I never joked about anyone enjoying hitting children.

EP: Wow, you did a good thing (which obviously you know)! I'm afraid that if I ever see someone hitting a child like that, I will be too frightened to say anything. :(

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

I'm afraid that if I ever see someone hitting a child like that, I will be too frightened to say anything.

Being a mouthy asshole has it's place.

• Chemical Emotions
    Chemical Emotions

Lol!

I guess that, in that case, being an opinionated teen has it's place too, as long as i can bring myself to speak up. :P

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

No, teens don't have enough life experience to be an asshole of that caliber.

• jam
    jam

So after 7 days of discussing, should we spank or not.

The tally, 10% hell yea use the rod the other 90%, you

folks are ignoring God,s word, which is good.

• Chemical Emotions
    Chemical Emotions

EP: Hey, I'm working on it. Gimme a little time. I learn fast.

jam: About 90/10? That wide of a gap? Interesting.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

It's not about learning, it's about life experience. You may get there. Be agressive, humble, right almost all the time, and live 15 more years.

• Chemical Emotions
    Chemical Emotions

All that? How about 10 years? Can't I just get a book instead?

Seriously though, I'd actually like to learn to be more assertive, if not agressive, and be humble (which is not quite the same thing as having low-self esteem!)

• still thinking
    still thinking
    Hitting kids is teaching them that hitting is OK.

Pretty much....if thats what you want to teach kids...go on hitting them.

As for the woman you spoke of EP....I would have done the same...I also have pulled over and chased a bunch of teenage boys because they were kicking the crap out of another teenage boy on the side of the road...bastards.

• Chemical Emotions
    Chemical Emotions

You're brave!

I'm short and wimpy, but I'd like to think that I'd chase 'em too.

Btw still thinking, you have a pm. No need to respond right away. Just another hello.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit