How do I hear/feel God?

by doinmypart 473 Replies latest jw friends

• AGuest
    AGuest

Mmmmmmm... nuthin' like buttah, dear PoopsieGirl! Peace to you!

SA, elbowing Miz J (peace, chile!) out the say so's she can stuff her mitt into Poopsie's popcorn box...

Peace, chikkens!

SA, on her own... picking popcorn "skins" outta her teeth...

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I love buttah

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

It's ALL about the buttah. That's how I roll darlings.

• cofty
    cofty
    I have always wished you peace, dear Cofty and do so, now. Truly. And always... always... will. Unless you ask me not to

I find you hypocritical declarations of peace to be annoying so please cut it out and just be honest.

You are not even a formidable opponent, but only yet another one to surpass... with love.

Don't kid yourself Shelby. We are both on the same side, in fact you do far more to put people off faith in god than I do.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

I can only speak from myself. I believe in the past I felt god, in the past though I believed god to be outside of myself. Now a few years on I realise that those feelings etc came from within. I am that god that I felt.

I really desired truth - as we all do I am sure, but I am truly willing to put all I have into finding it. I know this truth comes from my own divinity. And when I say divinity I don't say it in the sense that I have a halo around my head and can heal. I just know who I am.

Hearing your childrens' laugherter. Holding your wifes' hand. Feeling the rays of the glorious sun shine on your face. All of that is god.

• jamesmahon
    jamesmahon
    You are not even a formidable opponent, but only yet another one to surpass... with love.

Classic quote that one. What makes it so funny is she really believes it.

But that why I keep asking you: who/what are you looking for... and why... if you're not Israel? You do it because something in it DOES call to you. You just don't like the "sound" of it... and so vehemently deny/attack it. Yet, you have not been able to bring it down. Nor will you be. Because it is not FROM us. We really are just "instruments." You don't have to believe that or accept that, truly. "We" truly do not care. We can't care... because you don't WANT us to.

If you don't care, why do you start threads about atheists being religious to try to justify your own position because it annoys you that some people (presumably the 'you' in the above quote) think you are religious? Although having said this I didn't not really have a clue what your last post was about. Clearly this is down to my own stupidity though as you will no doubt point out.

• Finkelstein
  • wasblind
    wasblind

I have never felt or heard anything, but I was taught to believe and have faith in God

Unlike Santa, superman, or bigfoot. I was never told otherwise

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

If man created god within his own imagination, would not hearing and feeling god really be

man hearing and feeling himself ?

• justmom
    justmom

Thank you my sister

Your explanation hit the nail on the head. I am perfectly okay if Cofty is not interested in anything I share or know of my faith. I respect his choice. And I am glad he is able to demonstrate qualities that I too mentioned need even more help with than apparantly he does.

His contribution is only trying to make the world a better place, I see that. Hats off!!!

But there are those out there that do feel and see what we do and ASK how it worked for us. All I see you EVER doing is showing people to the ONE that will HEAL, FORGIVE, LOVE and give us a much better life and future. It is ALWAYS their choice as to what they do with it, just as it is OURS.

The only thing we Have to do (and it is for us) is love them no matter what. That is what I would want from them. Most of us spent most our lives being forced or deceived into doing something we thought was truth. That still was our choice eventually any way you look at it.

I will speak for me and I'm sure aguest will agree, we are not here to make/force ANYBODY to do ANYTHING they do not want to do.

That is and always will be our free will.

Love to you all

justmom

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit