How do I hear/feel God?

by doinmypart 473 Replies latest jw friends

• elderelite
    elderelite

So tammy.... You ONCE thought she was too harsh but jesus said it was ok because because others were harsh to her...?

How does that coincide with the principle that when jesus was reviled he didnt go on reviling...? How does that harmonize with the teaching to return evil for evil to no one?

The voice you hear dosent Measure up to the standard of the christ. That was a voice that came from YOU because YOU wanted to stand up for your friend.

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

Actually tec - I can totally get the defence of friend approach. I think its a great general idea for friends to have each others back. Shame you don't just say that and leave it at that. The moment you start to say she can be nasty because others are nasty you are into justification territory which doesn't have much going for it.

edit: EE loved your post on previous page.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

When I was younger I had a friend who was one of my most favorite people in the world. Full of fun and love and always laughing. She was fiercely protective of her friends, and I knew that if she was on my side, I would never face anything alone. Even if I was wrong. She was a very strong believer, but she didn't preach. She just loved life and everyone in it. This guy had hurt a friend of hers once. Unacceptable. My friend beat him up! True story. She had surprise on her side, not strength, and she completely caught him off guard and was down before he knew what had hit him. He didn't hurt her friend anymore.

She loved her parents so much. We were all in that really selfish stage where parents were meant to be avoided so we could do what we wanted to do. My friend would tell us that she couldn't go out this night, because she had spent so little time with her parents and would sit in with them this night. She was a good daughter that shamed us all.

Then she moved away. Some bible thumpers got hold of her. She changed. We watched helplessly, but she was going to please Jesus. Hadn't she always wanted to please Jesus? Yes, but apparently she had not been doing it the right way. These were her new friends, and they loved her. Her new friends did not like her old friends. So she started withdrawing from the old friends. They would protest, but she always took the new friends side. They would point out the hatefulness, but the new friends were always justified. She began dropping all her old friends. The young woman who beat the crap out of a bigger man for hurting her friend, couldn't be bothered with her friends anymore.

Everyone kind of went into a panic mode. She was so far away, but she did have some old friends with her. She hadn't moved alone. She was rejecting them, and they were calling home looking for help. Dad stepped in. The Dad she loved so much when she was supposed to be rolling her eyes at him. She told him he was going to Hell. Her new friends, who were so good and godly, supported that. Her Dad. Going to Hell! Our jaws dropped.

There was nothing we could do. They had their claws in her deep, and all past loyalties and friendships just turned to dust. Eventually, she pulled away from the new friends. But she was never the same. It's a tragic story. But I don't think it is unique.

NC=

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

I heard the voice of god once. I could have asked him to feed some starving children. I could have asked him to protect people from a natural disaster. I could have asked him to guide researchers in finding cures for cancer. I asked him what side of a squabble I should take. Hundreds of people, maybe thousands, died in the time he took to answer my question. But that is how good god is. He will set aside the most important issues to help me with the most minor problem. And I don't know why people can't appreciate that all those children have to die in order to make my life comfortable, but god understands. We're on the same team.

NC

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Loz

Don't let them win.

Who are "them"?

Anyone who dislikes the mixture of "dear one" and "peace to you" and calling other people flies?

Which do you personally find the most reasonable approach?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

" Although Thor said he can understand why the dog ran away... "

Ah, that wasnt nice. See, I'm not a dog owner, havent been for a while now cuz I've been raising kids. I don't have time for anything that poops and I have to pick up that poop. I'm don't deal with other folks poop (hopefully not that could change). But I've met those dogs. From what I can see they are very well taken care of. They are treat like little kids. When those dogs got to the campsite up in Tahoe they were on leashes, they had little dog coats, they were mild mannered and stayed close to their mommie and daddy (yes the hubby was there - lovely man who loved the dogs just as much as his wife). Now I understand that some folks are so close to their dogs that if anything happened to them they would be devastated. I've seen threads on this board about dogs and cats who have died and the owners have come here to share their grief. I don't give a damn if you don't like Shelby Elder I really don't, but the potshots at her losing her goddamn dog was totally uncalled for.

Dont blame a fine god like Thor for that bit of nastiness.

Oh and by the way, Li-Li sweet little dog that she is and daughter of Shelby's other dog Louie, is still missing.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67
    Li-Li sweet little dog that she is and daughter of Shelby's other dog Louie, is still missing.

I lost my Hugo for a night and half a day last new Year's when he got frightened by fireworks........I feel for anyone who is going through that.

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

EE darlin, the dog comment wasn't cool.

I hope Shelby's poochies make their way home. She must be frantic.

• elderelite
    elderelite

I agree with jonsey and poopsie. The dog thing wasnt cool at all.

But it wasnt me! Not something I would say! No never, not me. It was my lord! Take it up with him! Don ask me to reveal "truth" and then get mad at what HE reveals!

Infurating isnt it? Disapointing that someone who (i hope) is perceived as usually a decent and caring man would make so vile a statment, take a chance to kick someone who is going through something as sad and disheartning as losing a precious family member. I have dogs. I understand very well.

But its even more dishearting that you both took a minute to slap me (deservedly so) but let shelby do it all the time in the name of HER lord. One quick quote:

Oh, no, I predict nothing as to what will "happen" to you... other than you WILL receive a response. One way or another, of some sort or another. But I have NO idea what will happen to you - JAH shows mercy to whomever HE wishes to show it. But one doesn't have to hear the Spirit to know what COULD happen... perhaps what most probably WILL happen. Because no matter how psychopathic you may think you are... and how much of a liar you may be... you cannot completely hide the truth. It comes out: either in your actions... or your words. My Lord just sees it... IN you... before it comes out, dear one.

Here, the "circumstantial evidence" is overwhelming. Many here would have convicted OJ on such. I wouldn't have. Him there... or you, here. Hence, I don't judge... or convict YOU, at ALL. Indeed, I would ask for MERCY for you... because I understand the underlying pain. No, I don't know its source... but I understand it. Throughout this matter, I simply gave you what YOU asked for: a response. As my Lord gave it to me... and permitted me to do.

Receive it... or don't. It's between you and him."

Thats an unedited post from shelby to EP about her saying jehusa told her to call him a drunk. He admitted to getting a dui citation. That is also extremly hurtfull and humilating, possibly including jail time and thousands of dollars in fines.

I didnt see either of you jump to slap shelby. I took a hurtfull jab at her to make a point. She hurts other all the time and some of you dismiss it and laugh it off. She dosent get a pass because she claims the lord told her to be evil. It wasnt ok when Thor told me to be evil, it isnt ok when its jehusha.

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

well played EE

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit