How do I hear/feel God?

by doinmypart 473 Replies latest jw friends

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits
    Larry: When they do, it is my hope that the thread they choose to read does not have a comment like: "God touched my penis"

Then again, I believe there's a certain mindset that will change or won't change regardless of the members' nasty comments.... Just as Bill Maher's irreverent comments may have helped me question my own blind acceptance of the Bible, though it stung at first.

• Indian Larry
    Indian Larry

Sweet Baby> Thanks for the reply. Believe me I do understand the headach of attempting to reason with a JW family. I am a 3rd generation dub and of course don't have too many non-witness friends (attempting to rememdy that currently). I also live in the bible belt as well, I don't know if NC is the buckle or what, but there are plenty of SB around here as well. As I stated before, each person has every right to believe what they do and I truly do not have a problem with that.

Yes, I still believe in God, but I am open to other ideas, it is just that so far this seems like the best explanation to me. I would never say I understand creation/the bible/the trinity etc. When it comes to deeper matters like that I think everybody opinion is equally worthless. I look at it as if we are a bunch of aboriginies (sp?) that have never heard music sitting around a campfire trying to discuss the benefits of a Bethovan vs. Mozart. Or Guns N' Roses vs. Red Hot Chili Peppers, whichever way you want to go.

I guess what I am saying is I don't know everything, that's for sure. But I do know for sure that this organization is wrong, and I want my family out. That I do know for sure. That is the only reason I said anything about the post.

Thanks again for the polite reply and have a great day.

• cofty
    cofty

justmom - I demonstrate "Love, kindness, mercy, joy, peace, long-suffering, forgiveness, compassion, pity, mildness, self-control" and I don't believe in god.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Being out of the Borg I've come to realize that if you ask a question like what the OP did you better prepare yourself for the possibility of reading or hearing replies that are varied and vastly different from what one might hear in a hall or a church. This is the real world folks and this board is riddled with adults. *gasp!*

Personally I think all the hand slapping is hilarious but my humor at times is twisted.

• doinmypart
    doinmypart

Thanks to all for their responses; including the funny & sarcastic replies. I welcome all replies and am not offended. I've lurked/participated enough, where I feel like I "know" everyone here.

Like SweetBabyC, I live in the Bible Belt U.S. and have a lot of Baptist, Methodist, JW family and friends. There are times when I wonder about the spiritual experience of those around me. I just find it strange that I can't experience the same thing.

Shelby - Thank you for the response and illustration. I'm thinking about what you wrote. Growing up JW, I never thought about Christ and God that way...Christ as the way to access God. That is interesting. Thanks again!

• AGuest
    AGuest

Yes, but you are perhaps a law unto yourself, dear C (peace to you!). Not everyone is. Not everyone can walk as a free person and NATURALLY display these qualities. And that's yet another thing some of you miss: that what you, perhaps do by nature... others must be led to do. I am one such other one... and I know this about myself. Indeed, I've openly confessed that I am not nice (among some of my other "faults"). And some of you "see" that in me when I respond [to your attacks/ridicule]. Praise JAH, though, that Christ helps me to be "nice"... because if you don't like me NOW... well...

Anyway, I just wanted to say to dear SBC and Indian (peace to you both!)... there's nothing quite like when boyz "play" like gentlemen, albeit without all of the pomp and stuffiness. Especially after a certain age. Truly refreshing!

(As a matter of fact, where IS that dear Nikolas (peace to you, if you're lurking!). SA shields eyes and searches the JWN horizon...)

Again, peace to you all!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• AGuest
    AGuest

You are quite welcome, dear doin... and again, peace to you!

Your servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

• AGuest
    AGuest

Double post (not sure why).

• Indian Larry
    Indian Larry

Sweet Baby> Thanks for the reply. Believe me, I do understand your pain. Seems like we have a couple of things in common. I to have been beating my head against the wall trying to reason with my family. I also live in the bible belt (if NC is the bible belt). I know we have plenty of Southern Baptist around here.

I mentioned before and I truly to think that everyone should have the right to believe whatever they want to, or not to believe, whatever. I certainly don't know everything but so far, to me it seems like God/Bible is the best explanation. I have been listening to a Christian apologist by the name of Ravi Zacharius and while I don't agree with everything he says, a lot of it does make sense to me.

I will agree that Bill Mahr makes some funny comments but after listening to people like Ravi and William Lane Craig, I certainly feel that it is not as cut and dried as Mahr or Dawson make it sound. As far as exactly how we were created, whether Jesus is God or not, and stuff like that I just don't know. I think on the deeper things like that we are like a tribe in middle of the amazon jungle that has never moved more than 50 miles in any direction debating about which is better a Porche or a Ferrari, or like debating the musical ability of Bethovan vs. Mozart.

What I am saying is I don't know it all, and I understand that. I do however know one thing. I know I want my family out of the BORG. I know that they are a high control group that lies and misleads people for profit and power. That is the only reason I mentioned your post.

I thank you as well for being so polite in your responce. It is a nice break from how many forums go.

Good luck with your family and have a great day.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

If you follow Thor, as Elderelite's happy band do, you won't have any problem hearing God as Thor.

Thor is in charge of thunder.

Problem solved!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit