How do I hear/feel God?

by doinmypart 473 Replies latest jw friends

• doinmypart
    doinmypart

This is a serious question.

I know people that hear/feel God (and see postings about people's experiences), but I have not experienced this. I have never heard anything audibly (or otherwise) nor "felt" anything inwardly.

I've prayed, read, quieted my thoughts, etc...but still nothing.

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

Hasn't he replied to you post yet?

Probably on a coffee break.

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

My case may not be typical, but I personally believe I feel god as slight pressure or discomfort in my lower abdomen, usually first thing in the morning and sometimes in the evening. My solution is to make my way to the nearest men's room, where I meditate and eventually the pressure subsides. Sometimes I'll also hear god when that happens.

Occasionally I'll also hear him when I'm lying in bed at night. My wife hates it when that happens because god, apparently, wreaks of boiled eggs. And just to be sure god isn't caught in the sheets, I make sure to fluff them. (Wife hates that even more.)

Some have suggested it's just gas but I find that insulting. I know me and I know god. And nobody can prove me wrong.

• xchange
    xchange

Honest and serious answer. Those many years where I thought I knew God, I felt absolutely nothing! No emotional response. No funny-feeling-I can't-explain-it type feelings. No metaphysical stimulation on any brain cell or corresponding nerve centres. No silent whispers. No outward signs.

Even in exotic places I've travelled to, where hearing God or having some kind of experience are reported, like Angkor Wat, Machu Picchu, Vatican, Tikal, etc., I got nothing.

Even with mind-altering substances - nada.

I've tried every trick in the book - as proscribed by 'religionists, spiritualists and their ilk' - and nothing.

So, I'll just have to wait another day. At least those who claim they were abducted by aliens got a clear message from the aliens - an anal probe.

• cantleave
    cantleave

God touches my Penis!!!

• Indian Larry
    Indian Larry

Sweet Baby, I do not want to start a flame war or anything, however I wonder if you have considered how a comment like that would look to a JW that stumbles upon this site. Obviously I no longer believe in the FDS (although I still do have believe in God) and just as obviously you no longer believe in God, and that is fine with me. I think everyone should have the right to believe whatever they want too without being belittled for their values.

However, unless I am mistaken most if not all of the posters on this site (yourself included) all have one thing in common, we would like to help get any friends or loved ones we still know in the organization get out. If you have no friends or loved ones in, it seems to me that you still have to want to get as many out as possible.

Put yourself in the position of a JW just learning the TATT. They discover some of the things the society has done/ is doing and they start to question. The society paints a picture of all apostates as bitter, backstabbers, that don't love God and so on. Just imagine that once, that one time someones wife, husband or child screws up the nerve to look at a site like this and they see you comparing God to piece of sh**. I understand your view and I can even see the humor in it (from your standpoint) but I really wonder if it is that funny to risk turning away the very type of person that this site so badly needs to reach.

Again, I am not trying to start anything, I am not trolling, I just saw this and thought I might mention. Have a great day, and if your god keeps giving you trouble stay away from beans : )

• AGuest
    AGuest

Greetings, dear Doin... and peace to you! Please forgive the unnecessary comments to your serious question. The boyz don't always
    "know better"... and boyz will be boyz (SA winks at the boyz).

The following are not just words, dear one, but have great meaning:

"No one... comes TO the Father... EXCEPT... through me."

Picture, if you can, the construction of the tabernacle at Sinai and the temple at Jerusalem. The furthest place in was the Holy of Holies... or the MOST Holy. In order to access entry to the MOST Holy, however, one had to go through the Holy. During the days of the temple priesthood, however, only the high priest could enter into the Most Holy. He even had to have a cord tied around his waste in case he passed out/died in there; no else could go in, even to bring him out. He went in, spoke with God (whose holy spirit... which "resided" in a cloud of smoke by day and a pillar of fire at night above the Ark of the Covenant), then brought God's words back to the people.

The temple was arranged this way and had this rule to show Israel what was coming; it was an antitype (drama) of the type (reality) that had not yet arrived but was set up to prepare them. Only, like so many today, they missed the point:

God... JAH of Armies... is the MOST Holy, the HOLY of Holies... the ALL-mighty.

Christ... His Son... is the Holy... the Mighty... and the One through which one must go... in order to enter in before the Most Holy.

But he's much more than that: he is the Door/Curtain/Narrow Gate... through... and Way (i.e., Narrow Road)... by means of which... which one can gain access. There is no other "way". He is also the High Priest, however, through whom God, speaks to man.

You might be able to get a sense of how this works if you can recall the account of Joseph and Pharaoh: because of the spirit that was proven to be in him, Pharaoh, although highest in the land... appointed Joseph over ALL of his (Pharaoh's) belongings. Including grain. So that during the famine, if anyone needed grain... they had to go to JOSEPH to get it. Even though it was Pharaoh's. One could not just go to Pharaoh - that wasn't the arrangement. Per Pharaoh's decree, all had to go to Joseph.

Now, of course, in going to Joseph, it wasn't Joseph they were approaching and requesting grain from: it was Pharaoh. Because Joseph, although second in command in all the land... was, in all reality, still just a servant himself. Pharaoh's servant... who Pharaoh had appointed over ALL of his belongings (yes, this does correspond to the Faithful and Discreet Witness - that One is Christ). So, although approaching Joseph, one addressed and beseeched Pharaoh. They just did so... through Joseph. And it was Joseph who answered FOR Pharaoh, not Pharaoh himself (although it was considered as from Pharaoh, because Joseph had already proven himself to be loyal and have Pharaoh's best interests in mind and heart).

So, to hear God... one must hear... Christ. To speak to God... one must go through... Christ.

Because he is the One who speaks FOR God. In the same vein, if wants to speak TO God... one cannot just utter some words and then say "In Jesus' name" or "In your son's name". One cannot even go to God FIRST, even if they invoke that name... unless it has been granted to them to DO so. One could not just show up at Pharaoh's door and say, "Hey, I'm coming in the name of Joseph," and then expect to be granted entry. In the same way, one cannot have just busted into Pharaoh's quarters, said what they wanted, then on leaving say, "I came in Joseph's name."

One must first go TO JOSEPH... and make oneself known TO JOSEPH (even if such one is already known to Joseph - John 1:47-49)... so as to become and obtain permission... FROM JOSEPH... before one can ask, enter, or receive in that one's name in that one's name. One must go THROUGH... Joseph. In the same vein, in order to HEAR Pharaoh, one must listen TO JOSEPH... to HIS words... as such are the words of Pharaoh spoken TO one... through Joseph.

Christ... is "Joseph."

Some will take issue and say, "Oh, no, all we have to do is ask... in [Jesus'] name. Christ said so." Such ones forget, however, what my Lord said: that not ALL who call upon him, who call him "Lord"... are known... by HIM. So, just because one invokes him... or his name... does not mean one knows him or is known by him. On the other hand, just because one doesn't "walk" with a certain group who claim to know him means they don't. He that is not against those who belong to Christ can be considered among those who are not against that Body.

You want to hear/feel, even see, God? Then you MUST hear/feel... see... His Son. You want to speak to God? Then you MUST speak to His Son, first. You must ask of THAT One... then let that One grant you entry beyond him, he that is the Door/Curtain/Holy. Then you can ask... of the MOST Holy One Himself... in the NAME of that One, His Son. Because will grant it to YOU... on the basis of His love for His Son. Even if you can't think of what to say/ask for... or don't have the courage/think you are "worthy" (you aren't. I'm not. No one is)... you can ask that One... to ask for you; plead on your behalf. And he will.

Otherwise, you are like the Pharisee of whom my Lord said prayed "to himself." (Luke 18:11) Although thinking he was praying to God, that man was not. Why? Because nothing he said made it before the MOST Holy... because he never went through the Holy. He never went through the Holy... because he never KNEW the Holy... because of his OWN self-righteousness. The tax collector, however, at least knew enough to humble himself BEFORE God... and ask for pity. Which pity would have been shown BY God... THROUGH His Son. By means of this, then, the tax collection could at least have been heard by the Son just because of his humiliation... and ASKING: my Lord would have had pity on such a one, even without that one asking. Why? Because... he would "want" to have such pity. The Pharisee... obviously didn't even think he needed it.

Bottom line: If you want to hear/feel/see God... you MUST... hear/feel/see... indeed, KISS... the Son. As those under Pharaoh kissed Joseph and called out to that one, "Avvrekh!" to that one. For he is the greater "Zaphenathpeneah."

I hope this helps and, again, peace to you!

Your servant, as I am servant to ALL those of the Household of God, Israel, and those who go with... and a slave of Christ,

SA

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Smoke a good joint

• Messerschmitt
    Messerschmitt

I agree with Indian on this one. People waking up to TATT don't need those kind of comments! They need sympathy and Love, which clearly most of you here are not showing love or compassion.

doinmypart, I am not sure if you have faith in God or not, but nevertheless. There are many other ways to tell his presence in someone, such as love , joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. If you are manifesting these things, then you are feeling God in Your life.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Every god worshiped or imagined by man originated solely in the human imagination so if you want to imagine a god and have relationship with

one, then use your own imagination. It has worked for billions of people for thousands of years.

And you don't have to go to AGuest's god either, she's obviously bias toward her own god of choice.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit