How do I hear/feel God?

by doinmypart 473 Replies latest jw friends

• sabastious
    sabastious
    For the love of sanity - I'll defend your right to believe as long as it doesn't affect me materially, I'll engage in great discussions with believers willing to explore their belief in the presence of my disbelief, I'll happily point people to resources that explain such concepts as evolution, how the scientific method is an incredible and powerful tool with which to explore reality and yes I'll point out basic flaws in a belief position because as a former believer I have something to share. I'm cautiously hopeful that one day someone , somewhere will have more than a subjective proof for some extraordinary claim but so far everyone let me down and something so simple and self evident is proving to not exist outside the mind.

Your motives are ultimately selfish because you are never willing to get into the boat with the believer. You never leave the dock and expect others to respect you for it. You act (or act not depending on how you want to look at it) based upon your own fears about the uneasiness of the watery abyss that is the human imagination. There are many types of ships, but there is only one sea. Shelby is the veteran sailor and you could learn a lot from her, but she can only teach you on the open sea.

-Sab

• cofty
    cofty

If you could use fewer over-worked meatphors maybe we could have a real discussion Sab.

Shelby is a veteran sailor on the ocean of fantasy and bullshit. Personally I have nothing to learn from her apart from a few nasty tricks.

• thenoblelodge
    thenoblelodge

The way I see it, if you don't like it, don't read it, just don't get involved. There are certain posters on here I don't like because ....well it's personal so I won't go there..... I don't open a thread they have started, neither do I read their comments. I keep my peace, and I do like my peace lol.

Some accuse Shelby of trying to convert and get others to follow her even though she clearly states who everyone should look to and go to. That someone is not her but Christ. The times she has stated this.....sigh, some folks just don't get it.

Haters will always hate and twist words, It's one of the many reasons I left for a while, I just had to take a break from it all.

Shelby you do a great job and I know you don't need defending, but sometimes a girl just has to speak out lol.

Peace my lovely mwahhhhhh xxx

• tec
    tec

Since there are many others, besides me (in fact, I did not even have to say anything, many others were doing this already), who are speaking up in defense of the things being said against Shelby... I think that says something all on its own, and I will let that speak for itself... if someone cares to look deep enough to see what it might mean.

As well, I pointed out that on this thread, those accusing Aguest are doing what they accuse her of doing. If one were to look back over the thread, one could see that. I left everything to play out as it always plays out, but I felt the need to point that out when I saw it. Really, there was no need to come on and berate someone who actually answered the OP as the OP asked. So one might want to consider who it was who actually derailed this thread. Peace, tammy
  • cofty
    cofty

Shelby's despicable behaviour on this thread caused it to derail Tammy.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

I left everything to play out as it always plays out, but I felt the need to point that out when I saw it

And yet you never feel the need to point it out when AG lobs brutal and personal attacks. Nor do you feel the need to explain why. It's okay. It's what I have come to expect---I was just surprised that it continues. It will continue. I can see that very clearly now.

Funny, when you draw attention to something we do, it is 'pointing out'. When we draw attention to something one of your brothers or sisters do, it's 'accusing'.

Well---this has been educational. It's no longer fun. Just a bunch of hypocrites powwowing. Nothing new to see.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

It's so sad to come online and read this thread. I've read and re-read and I agree with Tec....it really wouldn't matter if the words Shelby wrote were studded with diamonds and gold, some here would find fault, misconstrue, misunderstand and twist them. What beggars belief for me is that these same people hurl the nastiest, and blatant, insulting language at her and then unashamedly pose as the injured parties. I'm sure it will be suggested that I am in AG's clique or whatever, but whether or not I do share her beliefs, and I mostly do, my personal integrity would demand that I be objective in this situation. I am genuinely fond of so many posters here regardless of their beliefs or non beliefs. But this feels like a 'witch hunt', and it's true it smacks of the old Kingdom Hall attitudes.

Like I said, I find it all very sad.

Loz x

• still thinking
    still thinking

Like I said NC...when hell freezes over.

And yes Loz....it is like the kingdom hall....only this time...they call themselves believers....same shit...different flavour.

• cofty
    cofty

it smacks of the old Kingdom Hall attitudes.

FFS!

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

....it really wouldn't matter if the words Shelby wrote were studded with diamonds and gold, some here would find fault, misconstrue, misunderstand and twist them.

I see. So your claim is that I twisted her words that called me damaged etc? These were just diamond studded words? Poor AG. We are so very heartless. This is frustrating to watch, but I'm sure AG gets a kick out of it. And she will be encouraged to go a bit further. And you will go with her.

Of course, and this is very important, my gripe with AG is not that she called me damaged, took personal information I offered, twisted it, expanded it, reshaped it, and used it as an irrelevant weapon in a discussion for her own personal thrill. Not at all. My real gripe with her is she believes in a dragon god and leprous messiah. Oh dear. I'm so busted.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit