How do I hear/feel God?

by doinmypart 473 Replies latest jw friends

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Like telling a friend they have BO...

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

" I'm wondering whether justmom is one of AGs family members alluded to in an earlier post. The unwavering support of several posters regardless of what AG posts seems very odd - almost staged."

Uh hm, I met justmom and her cool hubby a few weeks ago and I can attest that Shelby and JM are not related. Nor am I related to Shelby. The staged part smells of paranoia.

• AGuest
    AGuest

I will openly share with any who wants to know, dear Q (peace to you!), stranger, friend, or family. I will refrain as to those who don't want to know... and make that clear... unless they ask/bring up something where I can't (refrain). This past weekend I was asked some questions relating to my experience in relation to the WTBTS (re my JC meetings, how others perceived me, did everyone oppose what I shared). I answered truthfully, sticking as best I could to what was asked as to my WTBTS experience; however, I did have to share "how" and "why" as to certain things. Which I tried to do so briefly. I could see the... ummmmm... "concern" in some faces that I might share more than they wanted to know, however... and so I refrained and kept it quite "surface-y". Because of my regard for those who asked and others present. I knew it was not the "place" for it.

Unlike here.

Here, just like there, what I share is for those who WANT to know. Those who don't are more than welcome to not ask, skip over, ignore, disregard, walk away, leave, etc. Unlike here, though, those folks didn't chase me around chiding, poking, and taking pot shots at what I believe/share. I could have sat and had a in-depth discussion with any who WANTED to... or even responded to something that was raised in general... without the others taking offense, I think. Because everyone there would have considered the discussion between me and the one whom I was addressing and vice versa. Unlike here, sometimes.

Those who do seek me out for what I believe/share... on the Board or outside of this "place"... have either experienced something similar themselves and want to understand it more... or are wishing/thirsting and want to experience it as well... or simply hear the truth in it and just want to know more without necessarily receiving anything themselves. And I really do talk with them similarly to what I do on the board... and probably apologize just as much.

I have never come across anyone who took issue with what I stated/believed... and chased me about trying to stamp it out... as is done here... except JW elders. And I've never been treated as to such by anyone else... other than JW elders... elders' wives... and JW pioneers (particularly elders' wives). It is SO similar, it is uncanny. Down to the "weeping" and literal "gnashing of teeth." There truly is very little difference in the conduct, manner, reasoning, and "logic." Even as to both considering themselves as having "the truth." The only difference is that one claims it has absolutely no belief in God and the other claims they have the absolute belief in God. That really is the ONLY difference.

Neither could ever see themselves in the other, though, see how their conduct... and words... are actually very similar, if not complete imitation. I am grateful for the perspective it gives me, though, if for no other reason that it continues to compel me to utterly reject either pole as "truth." The "truth" can look nothing NOTHING like a lie... and a good deal here looks, to me, just like the latent actions of JWs/the WTBTS. Such an imitation cannot be truth. Rather, it's just another "sheep"... in "wolve's clothing."

Peace to you all!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    Go on..Qcmbr

LOL!!..That wasn`t helpful at all..I had to google it..

home truth :n(often plural) an unpleasant fact told to a person about himself..

I don`t have a problem with Shelby..We don`t share the same beliefs.. I don`t take it personally.. When she replys to a post.. She not trying to recruit anyone Your not going to change her mind and shes not trying to change your mind.. Don`t take it personally if you don`t get an answer you don`t like.. It`s what she believes and you asked.. ........................... ...OUTLAW

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

I didn't ask her if I was damaged, or if that damage led to an 'inability' to accept apologies or have peace. It certainly didn't stop her accusations, or her attacks.

But I understand. It's Aguest. She can say as she pleases. It is her targets that are always wrong, or petty, or misled about her intentions.

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

Oh tosh - why would I be paranoid? That's just silly - look it up.

What I'm suggesting that there are several posters who seem to buy into her mystical babble . Maybe I'm too generous in my estimation of people's general rejection of weirdness. If Cofty started telling me he saw leprechauns I'd happily point out how stupid that is and to seek help. A seriously abnormal individual on here is seeing hallucinations of strange things, they are preaching about supernatural off the wall messages that make the book of Revelations look sensible. This is beyond someone sharing odd scriptural interpretations or banging a hobby horse about some conspiracy theory. This is an individual drawing in a set of seemingly vulnerable people who are now mimicking her posting style and cheering her sh!t stirring. Those who are not in agreement with AG's flights of fantasy ( hearing voices , visions of imaginary beings , altered reality states where upon reading a secondary personality is engendered who reinterprets what is read - these are serious problems) but who support her like to point out that it's fine for her to indulge herself, it's fine to allow her to generate animosity, it's fine for her to say whatever she likes because it defends faith.

For the love of sanity - I'll defend your right to believe as long as it doesn't affect me materially, I'll engage in great discussions with believers willing to explore their belief in the presence of my disbelief, I'll happily point people to resources that explain such concepts as evolution, how the scientific method is an incredible and powerful tool with which to explore reality and yes I'll point out basic flaws in a belief position because as a former believer I have something to share. I'm cautiously hopeful that one day someone , somewhere will have more than a subjective proof for some extraordinary claim but so far everyone let me down and something so simple and self evident is proving to not exist outside the mind.

Having exited one cult with strong similarities to JWs , a cult founded by a charismatic but mendacious visionary who also claimed angelic visitations, the voice of god, visitations from divinity , new scriptural insights of a mystical nature I stand watching another person, ill, vindictive or whatever pull the same stunt. People are too important to abandon to the next god channeling charismatic. We stand on the day when science announces an earth shattering advance and yet here I am pleading with people to help but be wary of a woman who is currently calling me a fly on another thread.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Well I suppose some do "buy" into it but like I said JM isn't related to Shelby. They're just good friends.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

NC..

I was just about to leave and saw your post..

I`ve seen your posts to her but don`t a lot about that went on..

So I`ll just let you 2 sort it out..

Getting caught up in board drama can be exhausting..

It`s not for me..

I prefer to write humour for threads that interest me..

EE mentioned me on this thread so I thought I`d clarify myself..

Then 1 post led to another..LOL!!..You know how it goes..

Anyway I have to go now..

Work to do..

I hope you and Shel can work things out..

....................... ...OUTLAW

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

You're a wise man Outlaw. I think I'll do the same.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Outlaw and Mrs. J---that's all good. Neither of you really come on to defend or scold, but just to clarify and share what you know. I have no issue with that, and respect it.

However, when someone jumps on here, after all that AG has said to others, and insists that AG is being unjustly attacked by people that would find exception with ANYTHING she said, because we are mean that way, I think it is fair to point out that AG is not an innocent victim. And then to suggest that the motivating factor is not AG's hostility, but our hostility against all believers. Poor persecuted AG.

And instead of staying neutral, or coming forward and saying "Ag, that is uncalled for" they come out and make comments against the targets of her attacks. She is encouraged by this, and only goes further. Then there is hostility everwhere. Poor, poor AG.

It would be interesting if Tec would look over my post and speak to it. I understand if she does not. AG is her sister in Christ, and that is thicker than any other consideration. There is a double or even triple standard, and I understand that. What irks me is when someone acts all loving and fair while implementing those uneven standards. At the cost of anything---defend the sister in christ, and chastise any who would point to anything she did wrong.

NC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit