How do I hear/feel God?

by doinmypart 473 Replies latest jw friends

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Tec: So I found the posts. You can look at them and don't need to worry about claiming not to have seen them.

The following are quotes from Aguest:

I don't know what the heck happened to you as a child... and I don't care, really... but you really need to look into that whole "I don't trust anyone who apologies or wishes me peace" thing. Something wrong with that, truly. And something silly, as well. Wait, did I say something silly about it, too? S-i-l-l-y. And I don't care, right now, how "damaged" you are... other than to say you might wanna seek some "healing" for it. And quicklike.

Evil? No, dear NC... I don't think you're evil at all. I think you're slightly damaged, yes, but that's because you "can't" accept an apology, is suspicious of something as benign as a wish for peace, and admitted your incapabilities in this regard yourself publicly. So, you truly don't know me as you think you do. If you did, you would KNOW... that I think you're utterly silly, right now. Even remarkably so.

We didn't even go into your attacks on my beliefs... because I don't believe you have any true position as to my beliefs, but are only parroting others...[bold inserted by NC to show that I also was accused of not having my own opinions] who you WANT to believe LIKE (hence, "Let's talk about atheism; I want to know more"). Unfortunately, since their tack is to attack... you seem to be trying desperately... and I do mean desperately... to "fit in." What it has turned you into, though, is not evil... but just... wait for it... silly.

Tell me Tec. Does this REALLY sound like a person who needs to be defended? Does she sound completely innocent? Do you support this behavior? Are you as able to point it out in her as you are in others? Do you wish to be viewed as someone who is so loving, and just out to defend victims, or how some of us view you---as someone that has a double standard, and history, friendship, and social norms are all trumped by belief in Christ.

The attacks against me were quite mild compared to what she is capable of. But I will only speak for me in this particular post.

For more context, here is the link:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/members/adult/227396/11/The-OMG-Did-You-Read-What-That-D-mned-AGuest-Has-Posted-Now-Well-I-Dont-Like-It-Ive-Got-Something-To-Say-About-It-But-So-We-Dont-Derail-Anothers-Thread-Ill-Do-It-Here-Thread

NC

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

" *munching popcorn and wondering how/if relations between the posters on this thread would be if all were together at Lake Tahoe*

I often wonder the same thing OM. Perspectives often change when faced with the real.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

And sometimes it makes no difference at all.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Perhaps, but it would be cool to watch.

• elderelite
    elderelite

And i would be willing to bet dollars to pesos that it would be shelby who wouldnt act the same. You and outlaw have said that very thing, that shelby is completly different in person. That makes her A keyboard commando and a coward.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I have a feeling that there are quite a few folks here who would acting differently in person off this board and yeah I include myself among those who do. It's not unusual. I talk more here than offline, I'm quiet, I don't smile often, I rarely call anyone, I'm not overtly affectionate except with my kids and hubby, it takes a lot to pissed me off.

Here I'm different cuz I can get some of what runs through my brain all the time on a post. So yeah I'm different here.

• elderelite
    elderelite

Different perhaps, but not out character. Big differance.

You maybe shy but i susspect that once i got you to open up you would sound very similar to what you do here.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Well I do try it be consistent.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    You and outlaw have said that very thing, that shelby is completly different in person.

Good Afternoon EE..

I communicate with Shelby both on and off JWN..

I think sometimes Shelby is misunderstood about the things she says here..

I`ll try to patch things up when that happens..

But..

I do acknowledge she has a temper and can get pissed off..

She`s like anyone else when pushed to her limit..

........................... ...OUTLAW

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

Sounds like all AG needs to do is switch back to her authentic self, the self she portrays to you Outlaw because ether she's lying to you or she's lying to us.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit