Watchtower's Billion Dollars of Property Cannot Be Sold until Outcome of Conti Appeal

by Dogpatch 171 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• lrkr
    lrkr

They would be absolutely insane to let this sit. All they have to do is purchase a bond in the full amount of the judgement. Just a couple of their buildings should serve as sufficient collateral.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

When it says no property title transfers until further order of the court, I believe it means that the WT cannot sell properties without running it by the trial judge who wants to monitor that they are not making themselves judgment proof. Judgment proof is when there are no assets to apply to a damage award. You can't get blood from a stone is the famous saying. I sense that if the WT shows financial info to the judge, he would approve any transfer of property as long as enough assets remained to satisfy the judgment.

Also, the Wt can probably move for relief from this burden.

This is my surmise.

If I recall correctly, O J Simpson never paid the civil damages for which he was liable. I imagine "theocratic warfare" could make a judge wary of good intent.

• Refriedtruth
    Refriedtruth

Found this!

WOW it's been an outstanding pedo week there probably are many similar article together 'trinities' of Penn state,RCC and Jehovah's Witnesses

Penn State Braces for Multi-Million Dollar Lawsuits After Sandusky Verdict NewsMax.com ยท 2 hours ago

The situation Penn State faces has drawn comparisons to the sexual abuse allegations that have dogged the Roman Catholic Church and prompted calls for the university to set up a victims' compensation fund.So far, Penn State has not established such a fund.

Lawyers for Curley and Schultz, meanwhile, said the files show the two men "conscientiously" considered McQueary's report and "deliberated about how to responsibly deal with the conduct and handle the situation properly."
    It's impossible to know what the cost to Penn State ultimately might be. There is no formula for damages in sexual abuse cases and there are no caps on damages. Lawyers who specialize in sex abuse cases say damages can vary widely from case to case, depending on the harm done to the victim.
    Last week, a jury in Northern California awarded $7 million in compensatory damages and an additional $21 million in punitive damages to a woman who claimed the Jehovah's Witnesses allowed one of its members to sexually abuse her when she was a child. Lawyers for the plaintiff say they believe the award is the largest ordered in the United States in a religious child abuse case for a single victim.
    Another variable that could determine Penn State's liability is what portion of blame a jury assigns to it. If a verdict is returned in a civil case brought by one of Sandusky's victims, a jury may be asked to determine how much of a judgment Penn State should be required to pay.
    "That will be a big issue," said Stephen Estey, an attorney who has litigated sex abuse cases. "The defense is going to say we didn't commit the crime."

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/Penn-Sandusky-liability-millions/2012/06/23/id/443229 EXCERPT:

• blindnomore
    blindnomore

BOTR, You are confused between O J Simpson and Kendrick(Candace Conti's molester) with the Watchtower of New York.

We are talking the Defendant with assets of $300million cash and $1billion worth properities.

• Gayle
    Gayle

Isn't the WTS' Bossert Hotel in Brooklyn in process of sell, with a possible sell price of $90 Million?

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Justitia,

Your comment was dense. If someone wants to pay me, I will do it. I am not a professional JW dissident.

I am tired of people posting incorrect information. If I had all of eternity to live, I would post every code and case.

Common sense dictates that courts would not let a business go down the drain pending appeal. It is not fair. People are so hyped up. It may be a very hard fall. After doing my reasonable part, I am under no duty to be directed by a law student or anyone else.

Where have you been during all this news? I wonder what your silence means. My gut tells me you are busy living a life. Well, surprise, I have a life, too.

What would help is a co-author for an op-ed piece in the New York Times. It is a long shot but would reach such a significant and large audience. A law journal article would not be bad. I must be odd but I do like compensation.

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

Justitia,

Your comment was dense. If someone wants to pay me, I will do it. A law journal article would not be bad. I must be odd but I do like compensation.

From the content and tone of your ubiquitous postings outlining your illustrious education and career, I would think that you are working for a big law firm that would support your efforts to be published. Doesn't your law firm require public service hours? Perhaps it would allow you to write an article instead.

Where have you been during all this news? I wonder what your silence means. My gut tells me you are busy living a life.

Yep.

• Sayswho
    Sayswho

Is this where most lawyers go? It must be true...I'm reading it

Lawyers in hell

Sw

• Sayswho
    Sayswho

I Just found 'COMMON SENSE' Now I know...Thank you.

Common Sense

• Sayswho
    Sayswho

Now isn't this how it really is?

I'am sorry

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit