Watchtower's Billion Dollars of Property Cannot Be Sold until Outcome of Conti Appeal

by Dogpatch 171 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

I think part of the court ordered restitution should be that they make a public appology at the district convention and in the magazines for their disregard of victims of child molesters and tell the rank and file just how their policies made it possible for molesters to repeat their offences and also they should admit just how many cases there have been over the years. This would sting more than the millions they may have to pay.

• shamus100
    shamus100

BUMP PEOPLE!!!

BUMP BUMP BUMP!!!!

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

Yes, I would like to see code citations and quotes to CA legal treatises.

You're a lawyer and have access to Lexis and Westlaw. Look them up.

• jws
    jws

The bond seems to be the key. The info from Barbara Anderson (http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/child-abuse/227462/1/Read-what-happened-in-court-June-19th-20th-A-summary-copied-from-court-documents)

Here's one paragraph:

There are no existing liens, levies, or attachments to extinguish, as a result of which, that part of the Ex Parte request is moot. However, Plaintiff’s willingness to agree to a stay of execution of the judgment to be filed shortly is conditional. To avoid a massive transfer of real estate assets worth, at present, approximately $1 Billion, from Watchtower to another corporate entity of Jehovah’s Witnesses, which would leave Plaintiff with no enforcement right for the Judgment, Plaintiff requests that any stay be subject to the condition that defendant Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York, Inc. not transfer, convey, or change title to any of its real property prior to the filing of a bond or undertaking required as a condition of appeal.

So if I'm reading this right, it would seem that if they post a bond, they are free to sell their property. And $28 million (or $42 million if one poster is correct about requiring 1.5 times settlement to be posted), seems like it would be an acceptable loss if they really need to get to the $1 billion. And if the appeal goes their way, it's not a loss at all. And I'd bet $42 million isn't going to break them until they can sell the Brooklyn property.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

agonus:

Don't be surprised if they spin this as fulfillment of end-times events

Of course they will. Is there anything that they don't spin as 'fulfillment' of 'end-times'??

• WinstonSmith
    WinstonSmith

As Irondork mentioned on page 2 of this thread, a while ago the WTS said they wern't sure of what Jehovah's will was on the planned upcoming building projects. Hey guys, I think you have your answer!

Of course, as Agonus noted above, this will no doubt be spun as being a sign of the end, Satan causing trouble and / or the opening stages of the Great Tribulation.

My experience has always been with JWs that when something good happens, it is Jehovah's blessing, a sign that he approves of a course of action. When something bad happens, rather than being an indication of no blessing from Jehovah, or disapproval of the course of action, Satan gets blamed for stirring things up.

Confirmation bias at its finest.

• oppostate
    oppostate

@Randy

Oh Happy Day!

This is good news that hits the Watchtower where it counts, its money bag.

@Juan Viejo 2

Mi hermano Juan,

Around New England the combining of KH's and selling off properties has been going on for quite sometime and it's unlikely from what I can tell that there's anything else they can bleed off from this scheme, but it makes one wonder...

There's the lending of money which had been contributed for KH constructions (this is still going on strong) with RBC's in New England, one in Massachusetts, (in Gardner), and in New Hampshire, (Wilmot Flatts come to mind), there are many other renovations scheduled in Maine and Vermont.

These renovations put the congregations into heavy debt to the WTS and includes amending the congregation's incorporation charter to give the WTS ownership of the property if the congregation is disbanded.

So if push came to shove they may decide to close some congregations and bleed off more from the R&F, but maybe if there is some trouble and the R&F decide they've had enough of the WT overlords and their pedophile case coverups, they'll use this tactic to get cash.

• Refriedtruth
    Refriedtruth

BUMP with this post

I was dfed over 20 years ago at that time my family were FOUR generations of Jehovah's Witnesses now there may be FIVE gens BOTH sides of my clan my grandparents married into JW.

That's right I don't know because they hate my apostate guts.The Watchtower cult is pure evil where they appear good they are an 'angel of light' wolf in sheep's clothing'.My family will only accept me as worthy of breathing air and eating food if I return to the vomit of all Watchtower dogmas.

My JW mother died of Alzheimer's and all her deteriorating health status was withheld from me including her death.I had to go online and check SSA records to find out she died in 2002.

When I *witness* tell this to many non JW's they recoil and gasp in loathing of your little controlling cult

The only thing I can do is keep the expose of the wicked cult.I have contacted dozens and dozens of high ranking reporters in my 'gold list' of contacts on this story.

I am like a Jewish holocaust survivor who has turned Nazi hunter,and I am not the only one.Watchtower corporation you are in deep deep shit!

The Internet creates a level playing field for David and Goliath here we are...........

GOD HATES THE WATCHTOWER JESUS HATES THE WATCHTOWER ABOMINATION

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Refriedtruth - I can't imagine how hard discovering your Mum's illness and death that way was. How could anyone be so cruel as to not inform you..? Did no one know your whereabouts..?

• Refriedtruth
    Refriedtruth

Refriedtruth - I can't imagine how hard discovering your Mum's illness and death that way was. How could anyone be so cruel as to not inform you..? Did no one know your whereabouts..?

Within 6 months of my dfing in 1992 I acquired a sky-tell pocket pager with a toll free 800 number,these were not easy to get I paid extra for it.

I made sure my family that was still in limited communication with me know my 800 number (before I became dirty little 'apostate' and total shunning) .

Once the Internet and cell phones came into use they had my multiple public emails if you just googled my name.

NO EXCUSE for that level of degraded shunning.My own beloved baby sister will LIE to the general public and say that they shun me because I am crazy nut case and NOT becase of religion but that is just to protect mother.

It's all for Mother (motherF**ker) Watchtower

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit