Watchtower's Billion Dollars of Property Cannot Be Sold until Outcome of Conti Appeal

by Dogpatch 171 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Scott77
    Scott77

My questions to you, Randy;

Has the Watchtower already filled an appeal or its in the works? If so, what is the deadline to fill an appeal?

Scott77

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Barbara says: ‘Kelly is not a paralegal. She is an attorney. Her name is Kelly Kraetsch, ESQ. State Bar No. 281688. Kelly did outstanding legal work on this case and she deserves all the appreciation we can muster’

Kelly Kraetsch, sorry for the delay in expressing my appreciation for all the contributions you’ve made in this case. This one is for you!

• flipper
    flipper

An exceedingly important thread. Thanks Dogpatch. Bump to the top

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

I am not an expert in these matters at all. I'm just repeating what I was told over the phone.

Let Barb and Kerry Louderback-Wood predict what will happen.

I'm just the one who got a surprise phone call out of the blue, and I'm just repeating what I heard. I don't think anyone else has gotten such a call.

I claim ignorance otherwise :-))

• jemba
    jemba

bump

• Refriedtruth
    Refriedtruth

Penn State,Pedophile Priest cleric enabler and Jehovah's Witnesses molestation unholy trinity big news same week . Jehovah's Witnesses hit with $28 million sex abuse settlement Oakland,Calif.

• Gayle
    Gayle

Does the Watchtower have to do an official appeal within 30-60 days? http://www.saclaw.lib.ca.us/pages/civil-appeals.aspx

Does the Watchtower have to put up a partial or whole amount as a bond? or escrow acct? within that 30-60 days? I think the lawyer, Simons, said if they lose the appeal another 10% is added a year. http://athenaroussoslaw.com/yahoo_site_admin/assets/docs/Daily_Recorder_Column_1.344161651.pdf

Would the Watchtower have to appeal both the compensatory and punitive? Or could it just appeal on the punitive? I would think they'll want to do an appeal on both, as on their site they don't accept any fault on their part.

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

Can you all imagine; they predicted they would be the last religion to stand firm against the UN decision to obliterate religion... and here they are, brought down for a sex scandal! How ironic... not JUST a sex scandal, but their place in FAVORING sexual abuse. What a downfall! Pathetic.

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

UPDATE: It appears they may be able to get a bond afterall. We'll see! At any rate, keep it in the news and let's see what happens.

Randy

• treadnh2o
    treadnh2o

I deal with legal judgements, professionally, on a fairly regular basis.

Not only will they be able to "bond off" this judgement, but it will probably only cost the WBTS no more than 2% of one and a half times the judgement. That will amount to just under a million dollars, unless they put the whole amount in cash. Which I dont think they could do.

The reason for the low cost is an insurance company (Surety) guarantee's the whole amount for this cost.

I know that sucks but that is the reality!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit