Watchtower's Billion Dollars of Property Cannot Be Sold until Outcome of Conti Appeal

by Dogpatch 171 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

30 minutes ago I just got off the phone with some important players in this case, and some things were relayed to me concerning a lot of details of the outcome of the last two days of court. I am passing this on. Cynthia Hampton, one of the main players in the Candace Conti case (and a close friend of 28 years), just informed me of a further, far more powerful move by the state of California against the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of New York, Inc.

By order of the Superior Court of the State of California - County of Alameda (see documents below), until the Watch Tower's appeal, which won't begin until August 13th and will take up to TWO YEARS to settle due to due process of law, has forbidden the Watch Tower to sell any more of its $1 BILLION in assets in the Borough of Brooklyn until the appeals case is finished, to assure they won't shelter their monies in the light of this most huge and devastating sexual abuse scandal ever to hit the Watch Tower Society, and perhaps any other single-victim lawsuit.

The several Watchtower attorneys must have shite in their pants yesterday evening. The HUGE corporate assets in the Watch Tower Society, centered in real estate (largely in Brooklyn), cannot sell any of their properties until the case is settled. This will likely take up to TWO YEARS.

My guess is that this may be the final canonball that will sink the Watch Tower's plans to recover from their slump permanently. This may be the biggest news since the beginnings of Charles Taze Russell, and may bring them to their knees.

We are now not just talking about the likelihood of the Watch Tower losing $28 million (damages split among the Watch Tower, congregation leaders, and the perpetrator of the crimes), but we are talking about the equivalent of freezing most of Iran's bank accounts, and it cannot be settled for at least two years.

What does that mean? A fate worse than death to the Watch Tower. Their reputation, their future plans of recovery and building huge facilities in upstate New York that can be easily converted to secular property and eventually sold for a large profit, will most likely all BE PUT ON HOLD FOR TWO YEARS.

A lot can happen in two years. Their greatest fear, that of sectarian splits, is in my opinion, about to begin.

There are many good men and women in the Watchtower organization - millions of them - and a lot of them are elders.

Many will no longer want to be disgraced by calling themselves a Jehovah's Witness. Many will be furious that they suddenly open up their eyes to all the things that have been going on this last year.... from the warnings about listening to certain "anointed ones" drawing the flock away, to giving all their allegiance to the Governing Body and no one else, and the restrictions and dangerous legal position they are putting upon their thousands of elders this last two years.

Now that they are being encouraged to get their "spiritual food" FREE on the internet (cutting printing costs), this is perfect timing. Imagine all the older JWs who have just gone out and bought computers that will be exposed to this, like it or not. Obviously, this will slow down EVERYTHING from field service to vital services.

Since the Watch Tower is almost certainly having major cash flow problems by the observation of their attempts to obtain money from the publishers via credit cards, cutting back on services, cutting magazine circulation practically in half, shutting down branches, consolidating ASSEMBLIES and former "necessary" services, eliminating meetings, dropping the Gilead School, ejecting older volunteer couples who have worked at Bethel for years (to avoid paying out so much cash), and engineering ways to completely own all Kingdom Halls in the world outright, this will be a major blow to almost every move they have planned to avoid the current slump they are in. The money may simply be about to DRY UP.

It is their WORST NIGHTMARE COME TRUE.

One victim of their collectively abusive system, Candace Conti and her mother Kathleen, with the aid of attorney Rick Simons, paralegal Kelly (as well as the groundbreaking work of Bill Bowen and the further long-term investigations and the hard work and monies spent by our own Barbara Anderson... and the attorneys who have worked on the previous cases including Kerry Louderback Wood and others, has caused the greatest monetary blow to the Watchtower in its history.

More in a minute.

P.S. I just noticed Barb keeps my same hours! Her great post is at:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/child-abuse/227462/1/Read-what-happened-in-court-June-19th-20th-A-summary-copied-from-court-documents

and many others of you have been posting. Cynthia Hampton doesn't post here, so I mentioned I would report on it.... a few minutes after we called and talked for awhile. There will be a special ex-JW MEETUP on July 14th somewhere here in Calif.

Freeminds.org has been slowly working on setting up conference calls, so we should see more of these in the near future by voice and video live, and they will be recorded.

I'm VERY HAPPY!!!

Randy Watters

• cedars
    cedars

Thanks Randy, I look forward to seeing those documents!! If what you say is true, this is a very significant development.

http://jwsurvey.org/general-information/what-does-the-future-hold-for-the-watch-tower-society

http://jwsurvey.org/cedars-blog/branch-closures-and-fire-sales-a-growing-trend-for-the-society

Cedars

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I'm sure the WATCHTOWER is not happy about this turn of events - after all, Armageddon could be here in two years! (yuk yuk yuk)

But the Brooklyn properties are not the WT&TS' only assets. I'm sure they have vaults full of very liquid cash, stocks and bonds, none of which are covered by the California order, AND the WTB&TS still has its biggest ASSet: the mindless rank and file who will donate all they have for the sake of "the worldwide work."

Popcorn - standing by!

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Couldn't have happened to a better cult.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

How sweet, I hope every JWS around the world hears about this, their self appointed arrogance that their religious organization is singularly above all others, wont be so easy now.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Jehovah's locked himself in his privy so they'll have to rescue Sparlock out of the bin and plead with him to do some magic.

http://i50.tinypic.com/6sth6o.jpg

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

They have lots of fake corporation all over the world to protect their assests... My father is in one of them.

• Diest
    Diest

I might be wrong, but the court order posted by Barbra Anderson only stated that it could not be sold without prior approval by the court. This would mean that most likely the court would approve the sale of the majority of the properties without any issue.

No higher court would let you tie up all of the assets of a corproration because you had a judgment for 1/33 of the assets held.

• 3Mozzies
    3Mozzies

I am sooooooooooooooo happy!!!!!!!!!!

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

Hi Deist,

I'm no attorney, so I'll let y'all speculate on this some more. :-))

The psychological effects on the organization will still be pretty much the same I would think.

Randy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit