Watchtower's Billion Dollars of Property Cannot Be Sold until Outcome of Conti Appeal

by Dogpatch 171 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Refriedtruth
    Refriedtruth
    Yes,it's a beautiful thing! I counted 75 articles including high ranking blogs.
    Google web search Jehovah's Witnesses in a cleared browser and you get 7 articles ranked from 9-50 these are embedded permanent.
    The news ranks tops everything but will fade in 30 days,but the 7 embedded will stay put for YEARS.

This means that if you scroll down through Jehovah's Witnesses you will run into the bad PR no matter what.

News for Jehovah's witnesses at TOP of search pages

Daily Mail

1. Jehovah's Witnesses Told to Pay in Abuse Case
      New York Times ‎ - 4 days ago OAKLAND, Calif. (AP) — A Northern California jury has awarded $28 million in damages to a woman who said the Jehovah's Witnesses...
    1. Jehovah's Witnesses ordered to pay more than $20 million to woman who said she was sexually abused msnbc.com (blog) ‎ - 6 days ago
    2. Jehovah's Witnesses may pay millions to sexual abuse victim USA TODAY ‎ - 5 days ago

GOOD TO GO BRAVO

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

IRONDORK - Yes! Just had the same thought!

Me too! But Pierce said they aimed to complete the project at Walkill in about 4 years AND THEN they'd sell off their Brooklyn property. Will this assets 'freeze' really impact the Walkill project? I don't know.

• JamesWHudson
    JamesWHudson

What ever has been done in the dark,will be bought to light.

• infpalex
    infpalex

Thank you Randy for updating us with this information! I can't wait until it starts affecting them on a large scale. I really hope my family hears about this, although they are so blinded they probably won't listen.

• mP
    mP

all they need is a erin brokervich style movie... on the otherhand its better not to fight if its goimg to freeze all your assests which you might really need now!

• blondie
    blondie

My husband has always said to vote with your pocketbook; he was the accounts servant for years and saw that when people were dissatisfied, donations locally and to the world headquarters dropped.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I have finally made some sense of WT's choosing to sell off properties AFTER the big falling out of real estate value in 2008. Sure, they didn't anticipate such a big problem with real estate or they would have sold off years ago. But they knew of this legal case (and perhaps many others). Their policies came out of the NY corporation so they realized they needed to remove the property assets away from the NY corporation.

While I don't see this as the huge death blow that I would like to see it as, it is still a huge message to elders about the corporation they serve which doesn't have their interests in mind at all.

Regardless of the outcome of appeal, I expect WT of NY to virtually bankrupt that corporation after the dust settles. Even if this blows over, it will permanently change them.

• diana netherton
    diana netherton

If they're smart, they'll drop the appeal, pay the damages and sweep this whole

untidy "mess" under the carpet. In a few more years they can deny it ever happened

and blame the Satan and the "apostates". I've been silent for years, mostly out of

respect for my family, but sometimes you just have to take a stand. Now is the time.

• panhandlegirl
    panhandlegirl

I want to thank you Dogpatch, cedars, and others for providing us with all this information. I am forwarding this info to others not on this site. I hope this brings them to their knees and continues to expose them as false prophets and only a publishing and real estate organization that cares nothing for it's members.

• Quendi
    Quendi

The siege of the WTS has become much tighter with this latest development. The battering rams are ready for action against the doors and gates and the ladders are being put up against the walls. Just as important is the effect this will have not only on the psychology of the WTS leadership, but on the rank-and-file Witnesses as well. The silence of the leadership won't mean the ordinary Witness won't learn about this case and its ongoing development. When they do they will have to face some unpleasant facts.

Many of us have been hoping and praying for an end to the WTS. This is not to say its end is near. As Randy pointed out, there have been other movements that survived some catastrophic developments. However, they were reduced to a shadow of their former selves once their days of power and glory had ended. Even today there are still followers of Charles Taze Russell who swear by his original teachings. Similarly, we may not see the complete end of the WTS due to this court case, but it may mean that some of our friends and family still trapped within will finally make good their own escape. Maybe millions will do so and we'll be able to close the book on this cult.

There may still be a long way to go before this case is ultimately resolved. If the WTS legal team is wise, they will advise their client to cut their losses by paying the awards and announcing a change in policy with respect to not just pedophile cases but the entire judicial committee setup. They could even say this was done because Jehovah himself was "disciplining" them. Sure, many would leave but enough would remain so that the organization could carry on. But I don't think their pride and arrogance will allow them to do this any more than it allowed them to listen to Candace Conti when she first asked for action to be taken by the local congregation. Instead, I think they'll go on fighting to the end, but that end might well be theirs.

Quendi

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit