Is the Borg "really" guilty in the Candace Conti case ???

by RubaDub 102 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• bobld
    bobld

Was (Elder) Bill Bowen married and did he have children when he got the GB Boot (DF) for doing

the right thing.

Maybe they should have taken his wise advise back than.

But I guess they have that right per undercover.

• sf
    sf

But what are your comments on the letter I posted?

Your answer is in that letter. Just take that letter, print it and post it. Badabing.....

I mean, THAT is the answer WTBTS writes. What more is there? Why mess it all up with technicalities? { }

sKally

• RubaDub
    RubaDub
    My memory serves me differently about announcements in the 1960s. As I remember it--at least in the congregation where I was associated--they did not devulge the reasons why a person was df'd or put on probation.
    I attended in the 50s and 60s. My memories are vivid. They would say "so and so is disfellowsipped for adultery, seual conduct, etc. We had about ten teenagers found gulty of untoward sexual conduct.

binadub ... as Band on the Run mentioned in the second quote above, they certainly did announce specifics of the sin back in the 1950's and 1960's.

I was just a kid in the 1960's but I remember at the end of the service meeting just prior to singing the final song, the brother would announce "We have a letter that must be read." Then typically the Congregation Servant would make that long walk from the back of the KH. Everyone knew what was coming. You could hear a pin drop.

Then he would read one or more letters. Each one contained the name of the brothers on the judical committee also. It was something like:

"On June 25, 19xx, a judial committee composed of John Doe, Sam Smith and Mike Jones have decided that So-and-So has been disfellowshipped for Fornication."

or in the case of "Probation" (Public Reproof), they would add another sentence that the person would be on Probation for 6 months or a year (I guess it depended on the sin).

If two people were involved, they would read both letters on the same night so everyone obviously knew who was messing around with who.

I can't believe that it was just a policy in our area.

Rub a Dub

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit