Is the Borg "really" guilty in the Candace Conti case ???

by RubaDub 102 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Yes. Deal with it.

Don't argue with reality because when you do you lose 100% of the time.

• besty
    besty

God Is Not Great, Religion Poisons Everything.

Convicted of child abuse? I will cast the first and last stone.

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

The emphasis has been about protecting kids in the congregation but remember that the pedo unless df'd is given a licence to go from door to door and prospect for bible studies. It is known that these people are often skilled at insinuating their way into families. Consider that the society is effectively being represented by these manipulative, predatory individuals.

In that terrytory, at that time they are.......... the faceof Jehovah's Witnesses.

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

marking to read later

• awaken2004
    awaken2004

@ fs

Is that letter a joke! Are you kidding me!

• Chemical Emotions
    Chemical Emotions

Consensus? They are guilty. The end.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

rubadub

in my opinion, yes they are really guilty. They have always had at heart, two motivations for policy on anything.

1. save themselves from expensive lawsuits

2. keep their name 'clean'.

Any changes over the years to do with announcements or notifications have always been about number one or two. Never out of kindness or concern for the persons name or welfare. They thought, ''do the crime, do the time'' until they started getting sued. THAT is what changed policies.

They have chosen to live by the two witness rule and promote themselves as above the laws of the land when it pleases them. They could have done it differently and fearlessly exposed molesters and criminals. They have chosen to live by congregational tribunals like they believe the first christians did and this out of touch approach has caused many problems. They cannot have it both ways, either live by real world standards or biblical ones. Choose biblical ones in a modern world and reap the consequences i say.

The watchtower have been unwilling to pay the price of doing the right thing: the public learning that they are just as 'sinful' a religion as all the others. They have not because they have chosen to puff themselves up with pride. I think that had they been dealing with the problem properly and publicly in the last few decades, not only would the public actually be impressed, the pedophiles probably would not have stayed because it would not be a safe haven for them.

Yes they should have risked getting sued for doing the right things.

Watchtower: Do the crime, do the time. Man up and take it.

oz

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

This particular case has brought attention to the self protecting image doctrine set out by the WTS., when they gave instruction to their elders to

only report situations of child abuse to the law authorities, when it is only required by local laws.

That tells much how truly concerned about children they are, in their health and well being and how concerned they (WTS) are about their outward

public image. Didn't they at one time throw dirt at the Catholic religion for what that religion did to cover over its problem ?

Maybe the WTS. should take the time to throw dirt on to itself.

Sorry JWS your religion is just like all the rest of them out their, full of pretentious lies and corruption.

• UnConfused
    UnConfused

RubA-Dub,

A very honest point you've brought up and I'm impressed that the direction of the thread has not faultered.

To answer the question: I believe that the Society should direct the pedophile himself (or herself) to devulge the information to the Congregation. That would show a desire to protect the Congregation on the part of the sinner and the Society

• donuthole
    donuthole

It doesn't have to be an annoucement from the platform. The current policy is that elders are gagged from informing families, even privately, if a known molestor among them. Why put such a restriction on the elders? This is a no-brainer and should have been lifted years ago.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit