From a currently serving elder: an open letter to the organization

by elderelite 75 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

elderlite:

Whoever wrote that letter summed up what the situation probably is in most congregations. The question is: what percentage are faking it? Who knows? The point is that the religion brought this on themselves with their policies, such as "shunning". They probably reasoned they would retain more people. So what if it was like gunpoint? Now, these people and their families held hostage are finding ways to chip away at this hypocritical structure of a religion they have come to hate. I hate it too, but luckily I have no family there and just did a "fade". I think it is just best to get the hell out of there if you can.

Good luck to these JWs trapped in the religion. I hope they are like termites eating a wooden house.

On the Way Out:

I like your satire. I am not sure, though, how many of the conscious class is putting money in those boxes. Even though this religion has survived many stormy seasons in the past, there is one thing now that did not exist then: the internet and the different mentality of people today. We live in the age of exposure. People don't have a sense of "shame" like they did years ago and maybe this is a good thing when it comes to exposing corruption. There was a time people just didn't talk about things. Anything. Thankfully, that time has passed.

This religion is going to be dished and trashed as well it should be.

• cult classic
    cult classic

There is no judgement of those still in. Most of my family has been positively waiting on Jehovah to correct the wrongs in the organization. And over the decades they have ignored lots of WT counsel (don't go to college, don't get married, don't have children, etc.). Yet they are working on its 5th generation of Jehovah's Witnesses.

It would probably be difficult to find a witness who agreed with every WT teaching and policy. But it doesn't matter. The problem is the lack of knowledge about cults and how they work. As long as you're there (no matter the reason), you are being controlled and benefiting the cult. And that's what it's all about.

• elderelite
    elderelite

Lol this mini rant has turned out to be the gift that keeps giving...

Again, much appreciated to those that expressed support.

I agree with otwo that the gb wont care one bit. I agree thats a very accurate representation of what i imagine they think about my logic. But as i said before.... Thats the point. The arrogance will be their downfall on some level and it enables people like me to exsist in the org. Every letter you read, every copy of the flock book, every note from a ks school... All come from people still "in".

None of this needed. Its a cult and thers vast evidance for those whose who care to see it. But having the info is valuable at times.

And lest it be overlooked: my rant was not represenative of those who have left or have little to lose in leaving or left and gave it all up. I was speaking only for those like me who decided to stay, for whatever reason. Im not interested in going over for 1,283,432 time the pros and cons of leaving vs staying. We are all adults and i trust we are all mature enough to respect each others personal choice. I have much to lose in walking away and choose not suffer that. Look at all the fathers who were apart from their kids sunday because they left the cult and lost their families... Or mothers who suffered the same. If you are good with that then i respect it.

But thats not my choice. Thus i write what i did in the OP. I have stayed with a gun to my head. So im determined to make the org pay in everyway i can. My ass in the sea isnt passivly supporting the org.

Im actively tearing it down from the inside with their own tools, their own seal of approval, their own mantle of so called authority.

I dont look down on those who ran out, walked away or fell away and then woke up. We all have our path. And ultimtely the same goal. To free those we love and help those trapped in the same situation we once were.

• cult classic
    cult classic

No one is judging anyone's decision in this thread (unless I missed something). We are discussing this, not simply for our (the members of JWN) benefit but for anyone who reads the thread.

"Im actively tearing it down from the inside with their own tools, their own seal of approval, their own mantle of so called authority."

I fear this may come across as an attack or dare. It isn't. But I honestly want to know how you are doing this. ^

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

My answer is just satire. But it does reflect their arrogance. If not the awakened individual, then their family member, will often drop $50 for the family in the box. Hell, WTS doesn't care who specifically donates money. They just count it and count the number of full seats at their events. They hope you are mainly putting money in the box, but they might settle for any tiny contribution you give, down to simply filling a seat to make others feel good about being there.

The most radical elder, the nicest guy in the congregation who doesn't belong there, can make the weakest (fully believing) publisher sure that this is the right place to be. I am not judging EE or anyone else for doing what they need to do. I am just mentioning the other side of that coin. I do hope that nicest guy does more damage than good, but the average publisher is in mind-control mode and isn't awakened by real encouragement by real thinkers. Still, not everyone there is "the average publisher."

• apostatethunder
    apostatethunder

In my last congregation, I felt the elders and even the last CO were working hard to open my eyes to the TTATT, I didn't understand their behaviour, but this may be an explanation.

They definitely should be watching their backs. A system based on lies and faking, can be infiltrated much easier that one based on honesty. They are being sabotaged from the inside.

Termites are very powerful. Good job elderelite.

• cult classic
    cult classic

My family has been in for many decades. I get it. But how does one work effectively from the inside? Posting on the internet, although an effective tool, isn't working from the inside out. Most have escaped WT without the internet. I would love to believe that it's possible to work from within to bring down this cult. But from my studies of cults, I've learned it's quite the opposite. Just asking from those who are doing it about their modus operandi.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

OnTheWayOut,

I've been trying for ages to work out what TTATT is.

The truth about the truth?

• blindnomore
    blindnomore

Ditto to apostatethunder.

IT was pharasiac behavior of the elders and co that opened my eyes to TTATT. I gave them evey benefit of doubts and beyond. I was forced to come to the conclusion who they really are. I have not read a single sentance of apostate meterial nor have I gone to any ex-JW website nor have I had any association with any ex-JWs. It was all from within! (I sure hope the GB is reading this)

Their lost? to name a few:

1. stopped writing check of $150 monthly to Worldwide Work .(been doing it for 15 years monthly).

2. stopped donating for remodeling funds, CA, DA etc. (one year we donated $1500 on remodeling alone)

3. No more using our cars for FS. (We had been puting 5000-10000miles annuely for many years)

4. No more money to CO, DO (We always gave them money)

5. No more participating your Quick building, remodeling, cleaning assembly slavery work.( Stay in your car or find nice spot and read JWN or take nap if you have to)

6. order as much publications unnecessarily only to dump them to trash can.

7. waste their resource fully.(ie: use 3 times extra toilet paper, papertowels and zero monetary contribution to local KH )

8. encourage JW family not to donate.(it's going good.)

My gain is your lost, the WTS! Now we are talking!

• Nebeska Nada
    Nebeska Nada

Elderelite - we are with you!

From brother to brother,

Witnesses of Jehovah - CROATIA

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit