From a currently serving elder: an open letter to the organization

by elderelite 75 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

this is great, and true

too bad these idiots in krooklyn can't reason (they're the ones wit pride and love for $$$$$)

• sizemik
    sizemik

I don't believe there is room for personal judgements . . . without having all the facts, those are just generalised opinions.

In the 2 years between when I learned TTATT and had finally faded, we talked, and were talked to, by a lot of folks . . . more than 50 of whom all left the JW's as well. We might have lingered longer if someone hadn't got busted and started the witch-hunt. You can do a lot from inside . . . if you happen to find yourself there for a time.

I got a lot of satisfaction from reading that . . . even if the GB already have the memo.

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

yes we are the concious class

• Fernando
    Fernando

Love it!

It can only drive up the level of their siege mentality, absurd reasonings, paranoia, lies, and mistakes...

This will expose them ever more to the dumb sheeple.

It would be great if sent to every branch.

"How hard can you tighten your grip when we are beyond your grasp?" Priceless! They WILL TRY TO SHOW YOU - and shoot themselves in the foot in the process.

• Diest
    Diest

I dont see any moral delema in lying to liars. I think it is not easy but there are people on the inside who have obviously helped with the Conti case. I think that fighting and undermining the WT is the only moral thing that someone can do if they are stuck inside.

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

It was an elder who started me thinking . He made what he probably thought was a harmless joke about Russell counting pyramids. I had just dismissed that as made up apostate stuff. But,when he said it,it got me to research further.

So,there are many with secret doubts,who you can help.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Never underestimate the power of the 5th column movement

Kudos to Elderite and all those others of the same mind

smiddy

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

minimus said: Nice letter but they don't care

I think your probably right. On some level they don't care. Their convinced that no matter what happens, it's Jehovah's organization and he (Jah) will take care of matters.

However it does confirm to them that there is a higher level of infiltration then they hoped there would be.

There weakest point is their elders and ministerial servants. Many of them are uneducated, struggling to make a living, dealing with emotional problems like anxiety, depression and martial problems. They have doubts about the doctrines of the organization. The GB has the least amount of control with this group. A CO visit twice a year is all most get throw in a few assemblies to keep them in view and that's it

The elders are the weakest link in the chain of command, they are the clay mixing with the iron at the toes of the WT beast when they start to crumble, the beast will come down.

Bravo for all of you who are stayiing active and helping from the inside. I could have never done it I wouldn't be able to bite my tongue hard enough to keep me from talking. Plus I don't know how you can stand the boredom of all those meetings and door to door meanderings.

Thank You, I hope the army inside keeps growing

• Chariklo
    Chariklo
    There weakest point is their elders and ministerial servants. Many of them are uneducated, struggling to make a living, dealing with emotional problems like anxiety, depression and martial problems. They have doubts about the doctrines of the organization. The GB has the least amount of control with this group. A CO visit twice a year is all most get throw in a few assemblies to keep them in view and that's it
    The elders are the weakest link in the chain of command, they are the clay mixing with the iron at the toes of the WT beast when they start to crumble, the beast will come down.

Isn't this a fact that cuts both ways, though?

Where a group of elders toes the Watchtower line dead straight, where they're totally convinced that the WT is absolutely right and that they, in representing the Governing Body in the local area, are direct representatives of Jehovah, then they see any power they exercise as directly God-given. This is the case in my local congregation.

Probably, as I'm sure is true in my local case, they truly believe they are doing God's work. But if, as again in this local case, they are educated only to a limited level and go way over the top in the way they deal with individuals and/or particular issues, then it becomes a situation ripe for abuse.

The power of a local group of elders seems to me to be close to absolute. And if, as again in this case, within that group of elders are a very dominant inner group including the Co-ordinating elder to whom all the other seem subservient, then it seems to me that a very considerable problem could be waiting in the wings, especially as he seems to have in them a core group who will take certain actions and keep them within that inner circle, keeping the other elders completely in the dark.

What I'm saying is that, on the one hand, yes, i can see that a scattering of "rogue" already woken-up elders such as yourself, ElderE, can make a very big and beneficial difference. You're able to deal with things from a balanced and naturally humane standpoint.

But what about other places where the group of elders is as I describe above, and at first sight anyway, (though in reality whether or not one would know seems doubtful), there seems to be no-one who is anything other than a Watchtower-follower?

• elderelite
    elderelite

Charlinko, in places like that its the same cult it always was. I dont doubt that those places exsist but i think on every body i personally came across there was always one who had some common sense, always one who didnt follow the company line, even if he was quiet about it. There a lot of discension in the ranks even if its not evident or open

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit