From a currently serving elder: an open letter to the organization

by elderelite 75 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Momma-Tossed-Me
    Momma-Tossed-Me

All of you negative Nellies stop and think, anything that anybody can do to bring down this organization should be encouraged!!!!! Shut up and let these insiders work! A lot of us still have family in and the faster they get out the better. It just burns me up when people say oh that won't work your efforts are moot or have no effect. Take an honorable discharge and let those of us who want to fight, fight without the negativity.

• snowbird
    snowbird

When we in the South were fighting Jim Crow, we were also told by some that it was a losing battle.

One old fool even went so far as to say such injustices were ordained by God (the Noachian curse thing).

Look how far we've come, little victories and big victories!

Same goes for the WT.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Watchtower's answer to Open Letter from a Currently Serving Elder: As long as you are stuck, you fill a seat and help convince a high percentage of your congregation that things are fine. Most of the good members lie about their activity to some degree. Most of the literature is placed in the trash after it is "placed" so you save a step. That's why we are cutting expenses on our main product. Like mice leaving droppings and chewing holes in the baseboard, you force us to make changes. Most kids will leave the organization. We have plans. We will survive. What makes you think we trust anyone, including the elders, in any congregation? We could not care less about the individual congregations. As long as most of you go to the District Convention and put something in the box, do whatever you do. We are still in your head while you are celebrating birthdays and we are in your head when you perform oral sex on your spouse. We will gamble that the guilt will drive a good portion of you to keep stuffing the box for the worldwide work. This ain't a house divided against itself- it's a corporation. We've been playing this game for over 100 years. We survived so many things. You mice are just another bother. Oh, we admit to serious problems, but we have always had those that lead a double-life. We know of congregations that are made up of more than 50% Double-lifers, yet they go to the District Convention and drop $50 in the box. We are patient. We have your families. You have no where else to go. You are pests that will be exterminated someday or we will continue to use you to fill those seats. We might expose one of you occasionally to feed the members our spin on how crafty the devil is with his evil apostates. Good luck to you. What can you really do about us?

• snowbird
    snowbird

Dear Watch Tower:

What Can We Really Do About You?

We can expose your deceptive and unloving doctrines by word of mouth, the printed page, Internet videos, and mainstream broadcast journalism. However, the best thing we can do about you is love those whom you hold captive unconditionally.

You see, that kind of love is foreign to you. You excel at making rules, tabulating figures, and creating yes-persons, but know nothing of the kind of love and compassion that allow your adherents the freedom of growth, exploration, and yes, mistake-making that mark us as human. To you, it's all about humiliating and punishing those who dare question or challenge your authority.

Well, let me tell you, there are many among your members who are fed up with the direction in which you are taking them. Their mumurings will only intensify, no matter the times you trot out the warning examples of Korah, Dathan, and Abiram. When your hold is finally broken, which is certain to happen, we will be here to welcome the survivors with open arms.

The question is, who will be there to welcome YOU?

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

OTWO, I doubt that the "conscious class" gives any money of significance to the WTS.

• cult classic
    cult classic

Many JWs think they are above the WT fray. They believe they are more christlike than the average JW. This attitude is prominent most among elders, ministerial servants, pioneers and other full time slaves of WT. WT doesn't tolerate rogue members, no matter their position. So these more spiritual ones have little impact in changing the tone of the cult and ultimately serve the highest needs of the borg.

Cults use deception to recruit and coercion to get people to stay. It doesn't matter why you're there. You're serving the purpose of the cult just being present. And you lose more of your limited time with each passing day. Don't waste more time than necessary getting the hell out of there.

• Lurker555
    Lurker555

Dear WatchTower:

I know who you really are. Ever since the days of Russell the following words apply to you

from the Easy to Read version of the Bible:

Revelation 2:9 the B part:

I know the insults you have suffered from people who say they are Jews. But they are

not TRUE Jews. They are a group that belongs to Satan.

You claim to be Jews and you have 7 million people convinced you are true Jews, but you

are really a synagogue of Satan.

You equate yourselves with God. Only the Man Of Lawlessness does that. The only ones

that bring public shame to Jehovah is you and your policies.

• newbndreamz
    newbndreamz

Post 448 of 448
    Since 7/11/2008

All of you negative Nellies stop and think, anything that anybody can do to bring down this organization should be encouraged!!!!! Shut up and let these insiders work! A lot of us still have family in and the faster they get out the better. It just burns me up when people say oh that won't work your efforts are moot or have no effect. Take an honorable discharge and let those of us who want to fight, fight without the negativity.

Yes, I could not agree with you more... I come to suspect that perhaps these pessimists are working for the opposition, you dig? If you can have hope for paradise with da' FRIENDZ than why not have a hope (assurance of expectations) for a man-made facade to be abolished? If most here, put half the sacrafice and effort into preaching the truth about this lie we would prevail!!!!

• darthfader
    darthfader

It's people like this that allow us who do not attend any meetings to see what is going on inside the congregation. Reading all of those BOE letters and publications with a rational eye allows us to critique them in ways we could not otherwise do. The more exposure the internal operation WTBS gets to the "outside" the more likely that a slip up will be caught and the WTBS will be held accountable.

All I can do is hope for change and those enduring suffering witnesses still attending will get a little more breathing room.

Thanks EE and Atlantis and others, please keep up the good work!

• 00DAD
    00DAD

OTWO, that's probably not far off.

How are you so inside the head of the GB? That's more-than-a-bit scary!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit