Watchtower found guilty ruled to pay 7 million to 1 victim? wow

by yourmomma 361 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

yknot: "Instead of DOs bullying victims.....now they will bully known (possible suspected) pedos into submitting letters of disassociation before officially cleaning house..... that way they can claim 'holy spirit' removed the wicked and not Caesar"I think you're on to something there. The WTS opening the door to this approach with the Bulgarian blood issue. The WTS can stand there and say "What, WE didn't punish anyone for taking blood. When they took blood they were DISASSOCIATING THEMSELVES."

If they can take that stance when people take blood, what's stopping the WTS from taking that stance with every disfellowshipping offense? Then they can stand there and say "Nooo lite! WE don't kick ANYONE out of the congregation, people kick THEMSELVES out, demonstrating by their actions that they no longer consider themselves as one of Jehovah's Witnesses!"

And in fact, if you truly want to prove you are repentant, turning yourself in to the authorities would be a real sign you are repentant to the judicial committee.

• doinmypart
    doinmypart

Stilla - everything made a conscience matter...kind of like voting? Or really a conscience matter, as in no marking, slap on the hand, etc.? Whaddya think?

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

Marking

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

They'll be told that this is just more persecution that was foretold in 2 Hezekiah 37:14.

ROTFLMFAO

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I don't know of many elders that were able to maintain confidentiality, so even if WTS tells them not to discuss, everyone in the congregation will be talking about it at the next meeting.

Yes sir !!

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

Wow! Great news! Maybe this will get the ball rolling, and more victims will come forward. The watchtower needs to pay every child who has been hurt by their policy of hiding the truth about molesters in their midst.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

These words are ringing in my head: "Praise the King of kings and Lord of lords.....Jesus Christ!" (Rev 19:16)

• puffthedragon
    puffthedragon

I wonder if elders are aware that their duties open them up for personal liability. Lets see if MOTHER takes care of the flock this time.

• doinmypart
    doinmypart

Some elders don't have a clue they're opening themselves up to be liable. Most of what they think about where the congregation is concerned is their next talk, field service, their particular cong assignment, how to avoid Sister Depressed, the next BOE meeting, and on and on.

But if I were an elder in Fremont cong or any other cong where this happens I'd realize real quick I could be stuck financially. When you start talking about lawsuits and legal issues people get nervous. They think "Call Legal" will solve all their problems.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Wow, excellent news and great research here. It came through my fb today too. I agree we should all use our resources to put this out there. We could get it trending on Twitter maybe...we could at least try? All credit to the young lady who refused to be silenced.

Loz x

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit