Sparlock Drives My Wife to the Brink of Apostasy

by breakfast of champions 83 Replies latest jw friends

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

I reported the other night that we sat down to watch the new video, and while my wife was smiling and laughing while watching the first part, she stiffened and became quiet during Part Two. It disturbed her deeply:

"This is ridiculous." she said. "This is just like when Brother Whack-Job CO and Sister Manipulative Elderette threw a fit over My Little Ponies back in the '80s. You know how many toys I ended up throwing out? And all for nothing! There's a huge difference between spiritism and make-believe." "Well, obviously this video wasn't produced by a couple of loose canons or some fringe element. This came STRAIGHT FROM THE TOP. In fact, one of those new fake Governing Body members who thinks he's Annointed introduced it. Do you want me to replay his message?" "NO! Just turn it off!" My wife left to take a shower and I fired off the quick report on the other thread about her reaction to the DVD. After her shower, she came back into the bedroom, obviously still upset: "That video was really disturbing, I just can't let it go. Who the hell do they think they are? Of all the subjects to make a video about -- sharing with your sister, saying please and thank you -- they make a video about a magic toy?" "Well, it shows what's most important to them" I replied. Exasperated, tired, and with tears welling up, my wife says "I swear, sometimes i think we are just one step from Apostasy!" I almost fell over. I said "Don't start categorizing yourself and using labels like that. That's all the word apostate is. What you are is SOMEONE WHO USES THEIR MIND. What's 'wrong' with us is that we DON'T just listen and obey: WE THINK." I left it at that. We were tired. But Sunday after the convention, I asked my wife if she wanted to watch it again and give it some more thought. She said "I NEVER WANT TO SEE THAT MOVIE AGAIN! It was HORRIBLE!" So that's about where it stands. I got to see my wife suffer an extreme bout of cognitive dissonance, bringing her to the brink of apostasy, all because of a video about a plastic toy. Unfortunately, how she deals with the situation isn't to say, "Hey, what's going on here?" and investigate further, but to put her head in the sand by refusing to watch again. As she herself has said to me many times throughout our relationship (and I only now understand): "I live my life in a state of denial." Again, I'd like to thank the Governing Body for producing this video that has given us a glimpse into their perverted worldview, and has provided my wife and me with another stepping stone on the way out. Excellent job! I'd also like to thank everyone here for the heads up on the video as well as the youtubes, links and articles. Great job keeping up with Jehover's Celestial Chariot as it wobbles down the road on three flat tires, smoke coming out from under the hood and old, rusty parts falling off!

• cantleave
    cantleave

It sounds like the indoctrination maybe at breaking point.

• nugget
    nugget

This is good news. Women in the organisation do not often suffer the jarring experiences that men who become MS's and elders do so the fact that the DVD made such a strong connection is fabulous. She was able to relate to her own experience and think about the impact of what the DVd was saying. She does not need to keep seeing it to reinforce this idea in fact pressuring her too much may push her in the opposite direction.

It would be lovely for the society to follow up quickly with another own goal but keep an eye open for other extreme messages that you could ask for her opinion on. It is little and often that counts and paitience but the DVD has provided a foundation which is priceless. Certainly spiritual food at the proper time for it.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Buy yourselves a custom beer cooler each

http://www.frogprints.co.nz/products/?p=235

• Black Sheep
  • askduane
    askduane

The Israelites in the wilderness, they couldn't leave the worldly pleasures of Egypt in Egypt. That first generation, some 3 million that Moses led out of Egypt died in the wildnerness before making it to the promise land. In fact after all the miracles Jehovah God showed them, they couldn't even wait for Moses to come down from the mountain with the first set of "10 commandments", they had a wild party. Later some 28,000 were destroyed as a result.

The Israelites were constantly warned by Jehovah God not to do as the other nations or not to marry from other nations. King Solomon took on many wifes from other nations, eventually their gods they worshipped changed King Solomon. It was "magic and witchcraft" which includes "astrology" that God hates all through scripture, the Bible. We just learned in our Book Study of Acts about "magic and witchcraft" and how they threw these things away, thousands of dollars worth to become True Christians.

We are in Satan's world trying to prepare for God's Kingdom to meet God in the future. It wasn't easy for the Israelites back then, it wasn't easy for the new Christians in Acts, and it's going to be even harder for us today. Why? Because Babylon the Great is everywhere.

The Governing Body and this video is right on time for today's parents and children. Yes, the Truth of the matter is this, yes you just might have to get rid of all your video's and tv shows for kids. They are all demon influenced. Sad but true. It's sad to read here your comments about the GB and the video. Remember this one thing, it was wizards of magic that were led by Satan to find the baby Jesus and reveal his wearabouts and as a result all the babies in the land 2yrs old and younger were killed. Magi = wizards = magic = demons. I would suggest learning what "portal" means. Why do we have "doors" and what they do. Doors come in all shapes and sizes, some have locks some don't. Every door that's opened leads to another room, every room has something different in them. I would be curious as to what demonic toys still remain in many peoples closet. I threw all mine away long time ago. Jesus said "can't put new wine in old skins". If you want the Holy Spirit to dwell in your home, you must clean house completely. Holy Spirit and demon spirits can't dwell in same house together. Choose today whom you will serve. God or Witchcraft.

• askduane
    askduane

Indoctrination from the Governing Body. Interesting. I've been a proud Jehovah's Witness for a little over two years now, baptized. Satan has a way of turining things up side down. Like this word "indoctrination". I call it "flip the script". What do I mean? Pay attention friends. The Governing Body are anointed helpers of Jehovah God to guide and direct millions to come to Truth and set you Free.

If I were Satan and wanted to stop there efforts I would flip the script. That's what Satan is doing. Apostates say the GB this, GB that. Here's what I see. I see Satan and the demons doing the Real Indoctrination, it's everywhere. Everything about demons, spirits, everything God hates that's listed in the Bible is thrown in your face daily, especially on tv and videos. Why not complain about Satan's World of Indoctrination? You can't, why? Maybe it's because Satan is your real god and not Jehovah.

You say GB this, GB that in the negative all the time, I hear this. Your real frustration is not with JW and GB, it's with Jehovah God and the Bible. You're so fed up with Truth just like the Israelites were back then. They were so mad at Jehovah because they couldn't live like people of the world, so every time they did Jehovah disciplined them. So they came up with, this. If we don't mention his name anymore we won't get in trouble, so they thought.

Apostates today: Think the same. Don't mention Jehovah's name and we can live and do what the world does. So they think. You become a "wanna-be" both. Satan don't even want you. So you sit on the fence and bad mouth the GB, to justify your sins. Every show on tv and video movies go against the Bible and God's Word.

• Sulla
    Sulla

Or perhaps, askduane, it really is weird for the GB to get cranky about a toy. Maybe kids use fantasy to begin to relate to reality and to develop their sense of wonder about what really is a wonderful world. Nobody can take seriously the idea that a little wizzard toy can lead a person to begin sacrificing chickens.

• InterestedOne
    InterestedOne

askduane wrote:

Your real frustration is not with JW and GB, it's with Jehovah God and the Bible.

I do not believe in any of them. They have not earned my belief.

askduane wrote:

Every show on tv and video movies go against the Bible and God's Word.

I do not own a tv. I spend my time doing things I find more interesting.

• Fernando
    Fernando

Hey askduane!

Should "publishers of the good news" teach, yield to, and obey the "good news" according to Paul, Moses, Isaiah and Psalms?

If they do not, are they apostate?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit