Sparlock Drives My Wife to the Brink of Apostasy

by breakfast of champions 83 Replies latest jw friends

• 00DAD
    00DAD

BOC: The CO said, "unicorns stand for Jesus/Satan/Phalluses"

OK, that's just too weird! Obviously that CO had some serious sexual issues.

So strange, if anyone other than a JW in a position of "authority" said something as whacked as that everyone would be holding their children close and keeping them away from a person that is clearly depraved. But when a CO/DO/or Elder says the same crazy shit people swallow it down like it's straight from God.

It's interesting the psychology of how the perceived power/authority structure of the JW religion allows otherwise intelligent people to just completely relinquish all reasoning and common sense.

I of course was guilty of that for a long time. My waking up was a long and painful process. For anyone interested I wrote a short essay on my experience here:

Planning an Escape: Truth Triumphs Over Lies!

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

00DAD - yeah, this guy was a classic. He LOVED talking about sexual deviance. He once gave an experience about a group of sisters from several congregations who had a "slumber party" where "ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES" were involved. . . I shit you not, the CO literally says, "That very night, 23 sisters were disfellowshipped for committing lesbian acts." So much for the judical comittee process, I guess. Not sure what the oral of that story was either. . .

[edit: just noticed I misspelled 'moral' as 'oral'! LOL! I think I'll leave it]

• marmot
    marmot

Askduane, you realize that none of those events actually happened, right? There is no historical or archaeological evidence for any of it. Or were you being facetious?

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I think askduane is pulling our legs. Nobody could be that blind, could they?

Yes, some of those elder/CO types were very obsessed with sex. Kind of comical now that I think of it. Years ago when I was a teenager that kind of talk made me squirm with embarassment for them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit