Sparlock Drives My Wife to the Brink of Apostasy

by breakfast of champions 83 Replies latest jw friends

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

INTERESTED ONE - yup, children of all ages present for that one. It was either at the Tues or Thurs night meeting, not the public talk. And yes, he was quite a 'polarizing' individual: the publishers either loved or hated him. Our elders always seemed to be 'cleaning up' in his aftermath. But he continued to serve as a CO for decades and I believe he died of cancer a few years ago. Just doin' the Good Work of his Faithful Master the GB. . .

CADELLIN - yes, those were Whereabouts Demons who led them to baby Jesus. Today, Whereabouts Demons can be found in the small electronic devices attached to the windshields of many automobiles, manipulating their drivers hither and yon.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

I've not had time to read all the good posts on this thread, but I had a comment.

THe first video on obeying one's parents. I haven't seen it yet. I've been running short on time. But, putting something general, agreeable, and nonthreatening first to view/read is how the Watchtower operates. Then, they come in with something much more controversial, more hard core. Every magazine article is written that way. Draw the reader in, make some points in common, get the reader to nod in agreement, then towards the end, lay it on thick. This is how the entire 'cult' is based. From the initial greeting, to the private in home study, to advancing to the general Sunday meeting . . . to the theocratic ministry school & Kingdom Ministry (where the real control tactics are laid down)...to pioneering.... to finally giving up control over your life, time, career choices, medical decisions, etc. This "cult" cunningly sucks in its victims.

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

I am SOOOOOOO happy for you!

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

askduane = Hit and run JW apologist... he has diappeared into the ether ... too bad :(

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

I make Mrs. Falcon dress up like Sparlock. Different strokes for different folks.

• charlie brown jr.
    charlie brown jr.

This Sparlock thing is sure "CRAZY"

And this is what pops to Mind most JW'S MUST BE THINKING!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGKUjcESCcU

• Scully
    Scully

You consider me the young apprentice
    Caught between the Scylla and Charybdis
    Hypnotized by you if I should linger
    Staring at the ring around your finger

I have only come here seeking knowledge
    Things they would not teach me of in college

I can see the destiny you sold
    Turned into a shining band of gold

I'll be wrapped around your finger

Mephistopheles is not your name
    I know what you're up to just the same
    I will listen hard to your 'tuition
    You will see it come to its fruition

Devil and the deep blue sea behind me
    Vanish in the air you'll never find me
    I will turn your flesh to alabaster
    When you will find your servant is your master

Ohhh, you'll be wrapped around my finger
    You'll be wrapped around my finger
    You'll be wrapped around my finger

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Now that Blondie has pointed out that Caleb's mother overstepped her position in the household, you can show her that Watchtower and ask her to explain.

Caleb's mother usurping husband's headship by correcting son without him

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

SKEETER1 - I think you nailed it. That's EXACTLY what they're doing and here's some further anecdotal evidence for what it's worth:

I 'came out' to one of my co workers and he knows my situation pretty well. Yesterday I showed him the Sparlock video on my iPad (thank you WTS for the conveniently marked hi and lo res files!) At the end he says,"Dude, that is so fucked up!" No kidding!

Unbeknownst to me, he decides to go home and YouTube the ENTIRE DVD. This morning he tells me,"You know, the first part where the dad slips on the marbles was actually pretty good. They put that first so you let down your guard - you think this is a normal kids DVD. THEN they hit you with the batshit crazy cult stuff!"

OUTSMARTTHESYSTEM - thank you!

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

MR FALCON/CHARLIEBROWN JR - LOL!

SCULLY - hmmmmm. . . That sounds like some of that demonic Police music!

BLACK SHEEP - I don't know, I still feel that it was a true spiritual/spiritistic EMERGENCY. Who knows what Sparlock is truly capable of?!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit