Sparlock Drives My Wife to the Brink of Apostasy

by breakfast of champions 83 Replies latest jw friends

• Heaven
    Heaven

Oh, BoC, I am hoping for you that this is the beginning of the end of the Botchtower for your wife. I am hoping many will see this for the BS that it truly is.

• strymeckirules
    strymeckirules

how many more jws are here, lurking in the shadows, waiting to jump in and defend their "precious" gb?

please speak up and stand up for your god- sorry- governing body and your twisted cartoon.

• yourmomma
    yourmomma

Notice how Mr Facts and AskDuane portray that video as coming FROM JEHOVAH himself. LOL

even when I was a JW, I had a buffer between the GB and Jehovah, now there is no buffer. In 2012 the GB, & FDS IS Jehovah!

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

BLUES BROTHER - I hope Mrs Blues 'benefits' from the new DVD as my wife did! And yes, the "new fake Governing Body who aren't really Annointed" is a sentiment I have openly expressed to a few close friends and relatives and they actually don't even bat an eye - just a nervous yet knowing chuckle.

YOURMOMMMA - I am sooooo glad they did this toO! What a blessing!

00DAD - it certainly does ROCK! And your statement is so true: you have to believe in things that aren't true and you end up pretending to be someone you are not.

TD - wow! It really is just that crazy. I think a lot of people are going to start waking up from this one. Watch, next Circuit Assembly they'll have a part about how we shouldn't mock or question the new Sparlock video!

GARYNEAL - very true, JWs do not hold a monopoly on superstition and seeing Satan everywhere. SULLA - I think this is hitting a sore spot with new parents who had all their Smurfs thrown away 30 years ago! HAMSTERBAIT - I wish 'We' all knew magic isn't real, but unfortunately that just isn't the case. . . Should I get "Demon Haunted World"for my wife? Might be pushing a little too far. . .
  • breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

SHAMUS100 - actually, most people in our Kingdom hall are apostates! Apostate Catholics, Protestants, Baptists, Mormons. . .

CB JR - very narrow indeed!

FARKEL - Action dolls are a hell of a lot more fun than reading KMs!

JOHN MANN - yup, it can be very small elements which add up over time to a final Tipping Point

EMPTYINSIDE - I don't doubt that a lot of these DVDs will end up gathering dust on the shelves of people without children.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

MR FACTS - its great to see you're already disregarding your own advice! "The issue of sparlock is about making the right choice, demonstrating our love for Jehovah, listening to him and sticking to him at all times even in matters as insignificant as the sparlock-meme" or even matters as insignificant as visiting and posting on apostate websites!

FLIPPER - thank you! It does look promising, but a lot of patience will be required.

BLACK SHEEP - is Pixie Dust actually magic, or is it some sort of pharmaceutical?

KURTBETHEL - thank you!

WHA HAPPENED - thank you. I've got a great wife! I'm really proud of her telling it like it is.

HEAVEN - thank you! Me too. If they can screw up a kid's video this bad, I can't wait to see what they do with the 100 year anniversary of 1914!

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

LOL. "is Pixie Dust actually magic, or is it some sort of pharmaceutical?"

If a Dub made the pharma claim, I would just challenge them to provide some evidence to back up their speculation then pester them for it.

Pixie Dust is the exact opposite of the stuff Jesus sprinkled on the demons to chase them into some unfortunate community co-op's large herd of pigs.

• jemba
    jemba

Great news BOC cant wait to see your wife make new progress with more stupid releases from the GB.

AskDuane and MrFacts are either together or are the same person. How do you know AskDuane is a 'her'? Im also a little disturbed that AskDuane plans to 'meet god'. That doesnt even sound JW to me. Anyway wait till youve been in the org for 37 yrs and really see the WBTS for what they are, lets hope you wake up before that.

• garyneal
    garyneal
    For HERS, maybe go with Tinkerbell. What could a JW say to that?

Now my wife loves Tinkerbell. It became a problem for her later on when she at first tried to defend our JW babysitter's view on Super Why.

• garyneal
    garyneal
    SHAMUS100 - actually, most people in our Kingdom hall are apostates! Apostate Catholics, Protestants, Baptists, Mormons. . .

I recall telling Brother Hero during our 'Bible Study' that our JW babysitter is an apostate of the Catholic church. He naturally dismissed it because she is such a nice person, but never-the-less, it is true.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit