"We are at the end of the last day of the last days. The governing body feels strongly about this."

by BroMac 80 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

They need to get their story straight. At the DC two years ago, GB Member Splane said we might here for a while. He said we shouldn't put a time on the last days because it's based on Jehovah's time table. He said mankind could continue on for millions of years before Armageddon but the point is not when will the system end but are we being faithful.

I even started a topic on it...guess a lot can change in 2 years...

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I would probably answer outloud to any comment like "We are at the end of ....the last days" with

"It's like 1975 all over again" or "Does that include the overlap part of the generation?"

• zeb
    zeb

With the end 'so imminent' why are they doing all the rebuilding and KH refurbishing. Or is it the fear of the breakdown of American society and the attacks on institutions (ie. religion, read WTS ) that is so vividly colouring their output.

The gb are at their end of days and like many ageing folk they have fear for what is coming or for what they have left behind.

Those carrying 'guilt trips' can have a awful end of days.... and i agree the world is not in a good shape but coming up with dates as the WTS has and then going off into a cloud of utter denial when those dated 'prophecies' dont occur is a form of corporate arrogance. Jesus was never dogmatic. The wts is always dogmatic. They get a new idea and this is way to go hammer hammer hammer. oops thast was wrong. er..

and so on.

My question to the GB: The all the sexually abused children and their parents can now expect justice?

• Ultimate Axiom
    Ultimate Axiom

Thank you PrincessCynic.

It's been a long time finding this place. I only wish I had found it a decade or so ago - there have been some fascinating threads here.

I get a bit of stick from my wife for spending so much time reading through them, but after "knowing" the truth, and the imminence of the end, and then the utter disillusionment when you realise you have based your life on someone’s fantasy, it’s good to talk about it. It’s also important to expose this nonsense to the thousands that are still falling for it. I have every sympathy for them – what I cannot understand are those that fell for it with me in the late 60s and early 70s, and still swallow “the end is imminent” line. I still have many friends that have been “in the truth” for over forty years and they still “know” that time is so very short. When are they going to wise up?

• flipper
    flipper

I feel very strongly that the governing body doesn't know their a$$ from a hole in the ground ! They've proven that for 133 years now

• blondie
    blondie

you're right steve2, all those Prophetical study books tend to mesh together. The then is finished book came out in 1969

*** yb75 p. 256 Part 3—United States of America ***Just think where we are in the stream of time! Its importance was deeply impressed on our minds back in 1966. God’s people then received the absorbing book Life Everlasting—in Freedom of the Sons of God. It did not take long for most of them to note the chronological chart in it that identified 1975 as the “end of 6th 1,000-year day of man’s existence (in early autumn).”

This certainly raised questions. Does this mean that Babylon the Great will go down by 1975? Will Armageddon be over, with Satan bound, by then? ‘It could’ acknowledged F. W. Franz, the Watch Tower Society’s vice-president, after posing similar questions at the “God’s Sons of Liberty” District Assembly in Baltimore, Maryland. However, he added, in essence: ‘But we are not saying. All things are possible with God. But we are not saying. And don’t any of you be specific in saying anything that is going to happen between now and 1975. But the big point of it all is this, dear friends: Time is short. Time is running out, no question about that.’ Among other things, Brother Franz urged: “Let us make the most of the time and get in all the good hard work to Jehovah while the opportunity affords.”

• dozy
    dozy

This would be the same Governing Body that isn't sure whether it is God's will that they should build a new international HQ. So their "strong feelings" don't really carry much weight , I guess. Especially as they have had the same strong feelings for the last 130 years.

Like many others , I've heard the same stuff in every final talk for decades. The sad thing is that thousands will lap it up ( that is , those who haven't gone home after the drama ).

• wasblind
    wasblind

I feel ya Flipp,

that's means tryin' to distinguish their A$$es from their elbows

is next to impossible

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

The first generation to hear this at an assembly are all dead. Still.

• blondie
    blondie

Hey, Bizzy, could you put that in an exact time frame? Do you mean the 1914 generation? Unfortunately, quite a few born in 1914 (the last WTS definition of the 1914 gen) are still alive.

"As of 2000, there are over 200,000 people over 100. The UN estimates that by 2013, there will be 3,000,000 centenarians."

Right now those born in 1914 are about 95 years old. If the above information is accurate, it seems that there must be about 3,000,000 born on or before 1914.

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_many_people_are_still_alive_that_were_born_in_1914#ixzz1wkbp7h9V

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit