"We are at the end of the last day of the last days. The governing body feels strongly about this."

by BroMac 80 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Cadellin
    Cadellin

I don't remember the hype leading up to 1975, but I do remember the big hype in the early to mid 1980's, when "The Generation" hit 70 years and the UN declared an International Year of Peace. Convention talks were along similar lines as "we are the end of the end of the last of the last days." I was pioneering then and I remember distinctly being so relieved I was because that meant I would make it through. Let's see...that was more than 25 years ago now!!

More recently, the 2009 convention talks repeated the word "imminent" to describe Armaggedon's timing, in literally--I mean literally--every talk on the program. I kept particular notice. Let's see...that was three years ago.

Imminent? I think not.

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Yes, but with the overlapping generations... the last days will overlap, too. Hence the last days of the last days of the last days... (I'm getting dizzy...)

• sd-7
    sd-7

"And I say, you're full of sh--, Knox. Oh, and you can quote me on that."--Lt. Eckhardt, 'Batman', 1989.

--sd-7

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

Ugh, statements like this make my ears want to bleed. What an ass!

• blondie
    blondie

I was an older teen in 1966 when the book Then is Finished the Mystery of God was released at the convention. Almost immediately the speculation about 1975 being the end started and intensified out the next 9 years until any "faithful" jw that did not believe the end was in 1975, were considered weak. This from COs, DOs, and speakers on other conventions.

Stay Alive till 1975.

http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/1975.php

• wasblind
    wasblind

LOL @ Clarity

• sseveninches
    sseveninches

That's what they said last year (or the year before that). They said that the day is so close it makes them tingle. My foot.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

THANK CHRIST FOR THAT!

It means all the other a$$emblies wont happen.

HB

• sseveninches
    sseveninches

I can say one thing...I may still be in, but they won't be getting any of my money anymore.

• steve2
    steve2
    I was an older teen in 1966 when the book Then is Finished the Mystery of God was released at the convention. Almost immediately the speculation about 1975 being the end started and intensified out the next 9 years until any "faithful" jw that did not believe the end was in 1975,

Blondie, I was a pre-teenager at the assembly in 1966 when a book called "Freedom of the Sons of God in Life Everlasting" was released (I think that's the title?). I had always thought it was that book that first drummed up curiosity about 1975 and that the "Then Is Finished" book came out a few years later and simply kept the curve ball on 1975. Are you sure "Then Is Finished" was released in 1966? Just asking.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit