"We are at the end of the last day of the last days. The governing body feels strongly about this."

by BroMac 80 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• MC RubberMallet
    MC RubberMallet

You may say "You've been saying the end is coming for over 100 years now, and nothing has happened yet!" But is it not true, we are closer to the end NOW, than we were EVER BEFORE?

I'm tired of hearing that whack reasoning also.

• steve2
    steve2

A big burly brother held up his right hand pointing to the deftly splayed but gnarly fingers with his left index finger and announced in an unmistakably booming, heavily manly voice from the platform at our local kingdom hall in 1971 that the end would occur before the number of years indicated by his five fingers. Even a half-asleep child got the point.

This was compelling, dramatic stuff. No one in the hall that evening was in any doubt about what he was saying. We each and every one knew that in the mid-1970s the end of 6,000 years of human existence would have ended and we'd be ushered into "the new world order".

The time was so very short - there was no room for doubt. We were impelled - no compelled - to devote all our available energy and time to preaching this good news. End of story.

• GeneM
    GeneM

Thats nothing. I had the elder that studied me in 12 years ago telling me with this serious look on his face that it was "the final.... hour".

He probably died of old age by now.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

"Yesterday, during the final talk the brother said: "You can quote me on this because it is in the outline: "We are at the end of the last day of the last days. The governing body feels strongly about this.""

Well if he said that yesterday, it can only mean that this is the first day after the last day of the last days. The Governing Body must feel strongly about this, too.

Welcome to the post-armageddon world, b!tches!

• Ultimate Axiom
    Ultimate Axiom

Are you sure "Then Is Finished" was released in 1966?

Clearly a mix up with the titles. "Life Everlasting in Freedon for the Sons of God" came out in 1966, and was the first book to identify 1975. "Then is Finished the Mystery of God" came out in 1969. It didn't have anything to say bout 1975, just the fevered imagination of Fred Franz.

• cedars
    cedars

Ah yes, the talk outline for the final address of the convention. This has long served as the perfect vehicle for the Society to say whatever they want in building expectation for Armageddon, yet not be held to it - because the words are not in print, nor will they appear on future Watchtower Library CD-ROMs. With convention outlines they can really let their hair down, and know that if anything turns out to be wrong (which it inevitably does) they can shrug their shoulders and say "well it wasn't in any of our publications - obviously the speaker was deviating from our outline".

I just can't believe I allowed myself to be duped by this sort of trickery for as long as I did. It has shades of "Cry Wolf" after so many decades of being told we are in the "last days of the last days".

Cedars

• Flat_Accent
    Flat_Accent

I wonder when the outline was written . . . the 1990's? Unless it's a new 30 minute one.

• PrincessCynic
    PrincessCynic

Welcome Ultimate Axiom

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

even if it was close (which it isnt ever) the governments have to turn on all religion and Babylon the Great turns on the WTS, and these events are decades away

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Watvhtower 2021 April 1st page 13. "We are now in the end time of the end of the final conclusion or finale of last of the last, last days...."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit