New DVD "Become Jehovah's Friend"

by treadnh2o 364 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

The Father's voice reminded me of a Count Dracula, with a little Spanish thrown in .

This was disgusting. They 'put the fear of Jah in him' ensuring future fears of the 'monster under the bed' or the 'unseen monster in the sky'.

I never noticed the "The Ride of the Valkyries" music while the boy was playing with his airplane...good catch cuckoo in the nest. Subliminal or accidental happenstance?

• cedars
    cedars

Thanks bohm - It's late here but I'll go over the article again in the morning with those points in mind, and try to tone down a little more wherever possible!

I do appreciate your thoughts...

Cedars

• cuckoo in the nest
    cuckoo in the nest

I know the similarities between the mother character and the movie Coraline have been spotted, but the four remind me of the characters from The Incredibles. The UN-credibles..?

• puffthedragon
    puffthedragon

I finally figured out why this lady is so creepy to me. She reminds me of a young mother in my old hall. The were ex-bethelites and had a few young kids. The mother always spoke in an upbeat childish way even when it was a serious matter, and she oversimplified things, much like the mother in this story. I recently learned that they took their two toddlers and moved to a third world country to preach. Poor kids.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

Mum definitely looks like Elastigirl and Dad has Mr. Incredible's chin.

• cuckoo in the nest
    cuckoo in the nest

Someone phone Pixar's lawyers, I smell copyright infringement!

Mwah Ha Ha!

• Chariklo
    Chariklo
    I mean, if, and I'm just going to call her 'Selma', since I don't know her name in the video, if they said it, if 'Selma' is like this with her kid, how does she regard her husband?

Wasn't Selma the wife in the WT that got abused by her husband in that article a couple of months ago?

Is the mum in the DVD Selma too? If so, wow, what does that say abut the GB? The whole film is sinister and creepy enough as it is.

• elderelite
    elderelite

Omg that is soooo derivitive!!!!!!! Lawsuit!!!!

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

That'd be why the mum is so sadistic with poor Caleb.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

nugget said:

The guilt, pressure and manipulation was text book more a lesson for parents on how to guilt their children.

Yep, gave me some flashbacks!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit