New DVD "Become Jehovah's Friend"

by treadnh2o 364 Replies latest watchtower bible

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Have only got to page 3 of this thread BUT

What modern woman goes on her hands and knees with a brush to scrub the floor.

Have the old dust farting reptiles in Crooklyn forgotten about mops, floor steamers and vacuum cleaners? Is her husband determined to keep her in a lowly position?

HB

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

The creepy singing was sooo Coralinesque.

They have sewn the buttons onto their eyeballs....

HB

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

The creepy singing was sooo Coralinesque.

They have sewn the buttons onto their eyeballs....

HB

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

hamsterbait, it sure looks like it on the cartoon stills (the Coraline connection was made on p. 5).

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

The kid loves his teddy bear, but if he doesn't clean up his toys that teddy bear burns up!

(kid quickly picks up his toys)

• elderelite
    elderelite

charlinko, Im not sure how to get this media air time or the like, but I definatly know as many non JW as possible need to see this. I think some grass roots efforts like you tube and the like are a good place to start....

Hamsterbait, the gb have sisters at bethel to scrub their floors. They assume they do it on hands and knees, but really dont care as long as its done.

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

Did anyone notice that he said this just a preview of more to come? Are they going to make a series or full length movie which means there will be no need for kids to watch Disney, Nick or the cartoon channel?

I remember when the WBTS condemned other religions for having animated lessons for kid. In a few more years, they may have a Sunday school...LOL.

The mom's facial expressions are quite creepy. But the conversations were very familiar to those of us raised in it.

Why the heck they chose to give the husband an accent is beyond me. Did they think it would have broader appeal? It's actually distracting.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I just posted it on my FB newsfeed for the benefit of my jw and nonjw friends.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Anthony Morris III comes across okay, but the clip with the wizard is still terrible.

Is that the most important message they could think to give to young kids? Nothing about kindness, getting on with others, being honest or trying your best. The most important thing is that you throw away wizard toys if your friends give them to you. The people who wrote this script are imaginative and ethical midgets.

I think the husband's accent is Italian.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Anthony Morris III comes across okay, but the clip with the wizard is still terrible.

Is that the most important message they could think to give to young kids? Nothing about kindness, getting on with others, being honest or trying your best. The most important thing is that you throw away wizard toys if your friends give them to you. The people who wrote this script are imaginative and ethical midgets.

I think the husband's accent is Italian.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit