New DVD "Become Jehovah's Friend"

by treadnh2o 364 Replies latest watchtower bible

• puffthedragon
  • bohm
    bohm

It seems the WTS has just discovered trolling .

Video 1: Do what you are told.

Video 2: Jehovah hate your toys.

I wonder what else will be in store? I bet there is going to be one about how fun it is to do FS.

• cedars
    cedars

Can anyone get Anthony Morris's bit up on YouTube? I'm writing a blog article and I want to see what he has to say in his intro.

Help, anyone??

Perhaps I should invoke the spirit of Sparlock the wizard to aid me in my evil quest!!

Cedars

• cedars
    cedars

The "Sing With Us" video doesn't even try to be an animation.

It's just an ever-repeating loop of pictures. *yawn*

Cedars

• Poztate
    Poztate

It is a crappy 15 MINUTE DVD. How many commercially made DVD's are only 15 minutes long.

Yet... If parents all want to be "Jehovah's Friend" also they will be urged to cough up the money for this little piece of shit.

Buy...err donate to get one for your kids. Send one as a gift to unbelieving family with kids.

Everyone should have this in their "theocratic library"™

Remember this was produced at great $$$$$$$$ cost. If you went to the store to buy a DVD it could well cost $20.00 or $30.00

This provision from Jehovah is indeed priceless so dig deep sucker brother and be "Jehovah's Friend"™

• bohm
    bohm

It's just an ever-repeating loop of pictures. *yawn*

In other words, you are complaining they tried to make it realistic?

gez some people are never happy... ;-)

• puffthedragon
    puffthedragon

Poztate: I always cracked up when they mention how much a DVD costs at a store. That price includes paying Eddie Murphy and Antonio Banderas and Mike Myers millions for their voices! They are using free slave labor to make this DVD.

Last I checked, you could get a spindle of blank DVD's and it works out to less than 20 cents each, by a cover for maybe 50 cents and your done. All they had to buy is a computer to animate this stuff.

• therevealer
  • cedars
    cedars

Poztate

It is a crappy 15 MINUTE DVD. How many commercially made DVD's are only 15 minutes long.

I agree, it is pretty much a waste of a DVD and sleeve to fit a medium that is capable of storing hours' worth of film with just a couple of animated features totalling no more than 15 minutes in length. I can imagine families hurrying home, watching it, and then when it finishes in 15 minutes just looking at eachother saying "Wha? Is that all?" That's what our family would have been like.

One possible theory is that the Society began the project hoping for a longer series of films, but the financial woes caught up with them mid-production causing them to bale and just release what they had.

Regardless of the short length, and the resulting confusion among dubs, it's still a VERY damaging and manipulative video as far as young children are concerned - especially Lesson 2.

Cedars

• cantleave
    cantleave
    but the financial woes caught up with them mid-production causing them to bale and just release what they had.

I don't think releasing capital by selling assets is a sign of financial woes.......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit