New DVD "Become Jehovah's Friend"

by treadnh2o 364 Replies latest watchtower bible

• jamesmahon
    jamesmahon

Made me laugh then made me feel sick.

Last time I read genesis Jehovah was not sad about Adam and Eve. He was angry. So angry he condemned them and billions of people to death. Why not be honest about that?

NC - I agree it is for parents really this. Key to it is the shot of the mum's face when caleb walks in with the toy and she is clearly worried about how to deal with this. This will only resonate with parents as children at the age this is supposedly pitched at do not have the emotional intelligence to empathise with the mother. Instead it is saying to parents - "we know you find this difficult but it is the right thing to do".

The other thing is the kid is made to throw this gift in the bin. Not give it back to the child who was kind enough to five it to Caleb. So when he asks what he has done with it Caleb will say 'I threw it in the bin because mom said it was made by Satan'. That will go down really well.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Teach them to trust creepy old dudes with no kids........

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Jesus wept I've not been this wound up for a VERY long time! Is there a link to the Anthony Morris - A Message to Your Family clip yet? I've got a message for YOU Morris, get the f**k out of other peoples families you pathetic little piece of cult S**T!!

Good god this is going to bit them in the bollocks if I have anything to do with it!

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

Is this a worldwide release?

Seems like it is only targeted for the First World Countries.

Since the Watchtower is so picky about kids toys, maybe Caleb shouldn't have that Teddy Bear either.

Theodore (Teddy) Roosevelt, the 26th president of the United States, is the person responsible for giving the teddy bear his name.

• Resistance is Futile
    Resistance is Futile

Not very subtle is it. If anyone can upload the opening part with Anthony Morris I would greatly appreciate it.

• cedars
    cedars

nicolaou - I've already emailed all my UK media contacts about this, although I'm not holding my breath. Surely any normal person who takes the time to view "Lesson 2" will appreciate how intellectually damaging this information is, irrespective of any preconceptions of JW beliefs. However, you and I cannot dictate the news agenda, as much as we would like to.

Once I've calmed down a bit, I'll be writing a blog article about it. If we can at least flood the internet with negative reaction to it, that might be something.

Cedars

• Lady Viola
    Lady Viola

Oh how terrible ! (No wonder I'm f * cked up) A few things I noticed :

- There is no money saved on the making of this DVD. It looks really good.

- Again the youth addressed. Just as Lösch talk (here in The Netherlands he gave a special talk) are increasingly younger children already prepped .

- They hammered enormously on 'family worship ' . If I look at facebook , they spend that night more at fun things instead of family study .

- Nobody was wearing jeans . Mother in sand-colored pants and a skirt (! ) during family study ...?

- The father spoke as Antonio Banderas in Puss in Boots. Haha ! Gave me the giggles .

- Mother was a whiner . Truly a 50's book where mothers always ruin the pleasure of the children with a valuable lesson . ;-)

- The fear of ' Magic' , even when it comes to toys , they point this out very often in literature lately. A few months back there was even a picture in which the WT clearly intended Hermoine of Harry Potter . This is no longer left to the conscience of the parents.

- The comparison of that plastic wizard who hold as a temptation by a snake , if it were the fruit that Satan gave to Eve I found disgusting!

- A little boy who thinks that he hurts the feelings of Jehovah by a plastic toy Jehovah, the feelings of guilt came bubbling up again ... Bah !

Maybe it is time for a book to go with it?
    http://www.usmbooks.com/HJ_book_1.html

• dozy
    dozy

At least the production quality is better than the "Noah" video...

The WTBTS still seem to be stuck in the 50's. White family ( albeit the guy has some kind of Hispanic accent ). Suburban house with garden - 2 kids. Muscular Dad works in some 9 - 5 physical job , Shrew Mommy is the housewife scrubbing the floor & changing into a skirt for Family Worship.

Notice how the mother turns to a WTBTS publication rather than the bible to teach her child.

And I'm not being pedantic , but strictly speaking shouldn't the toy have been burned rather than binned ( Acts 19:18 )? Or would that perhaps have been too much? I'm envisaging a scene where the kids chucks it onto the bonfire & the toy gives a strangulated scream before being totally burnt up. Or maybe , in the true Smurf tradition , it tries to run away.

• cedars
    cedars

Sparlock, the evil satanic warrior wizard that must be destroyed in obedience to Jehovah....

Sparlock the warrior wizard

"Oh, your FRIEND gave this to you...."

your friend gave this to you

"Do you REALLY wanna play with something that Jehovah hates?"

do you really wanna play

"So what do YOU think you should do with this toy?"

what do you think

Cedars

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

LEGO Kingdoms Blue Wizard

Wouldn't it be great if there was some kind of copyright infringement issue here?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit