New DVD "Become Jehovah's Friend"

by treadnh2o 364 Replies latest watchtower bible

• therevealer
    therevealer

download the vid from the other thread

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

I was half expecting that toy Wizard to come flying back out of the trash can. Maybe if enough JW kids see the Wizard on this video, it will show up one day at some Kingdom Hall doing cartwheels on the literature counter and will replace the somewhat outdated smurf legend. After all viewing a wizard or owning a DVD with a wizard in it could be enough to invite the demons in.

I'm surprised that they didn't tell Caleb that when he disobeys Mommy and Daddy , it makes the baby Jesus cry. But then again might be placing undue emphasis on Jesus.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thanks, NewChapter, for the explanation on the dream sequence regarding the marbles. Glad I missed it.

That serpent-entwined wizard I could not believe - bad taste or just plain weird?

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Is it just me, or does the dad seem to be made studly with a suave Latino Dracula voice, broad shoulders, strong chest, almost proportional head while the mom seems like a grouchy shrew with a head much bigger than her shoulders, small chest, just overall unflatteringly disproportional? And on her knees cleaning the floor with a sponge? Hasn't she heard of a swiffer, mop, or vacuum? And that kid has a huge head with stick neck, arms, and legs. I understand it's supposed to just be cartoonish, but I don't understand why they made mom and kid look freakish compared to dad.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Billy:

It's all about symbolism.

Dad = God

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Got it! I know what's missing. The artist forgot to draw buttons where the parents' eyes should be!

• cedars
    cedars

I'm actually so angry about this video, I've decided to contact the press about it. Particularly the satanic wizard doll scene.

I'll keep you all posted.

Cedars

• brizzzy
    brizzzy

Oh my gosh, the Coraline analogy totally fits!

• light_bulb
    light_bulb

This just made me sooo sad, that my nieces and nephews are going to have to watch this.

• cedars
    cedars

Here's a transcript of the key parts of the "Sparlock the warrior wizard" scene:

Caleb: Look at Sparlock’s magic cape!

Mum: Caleb, what toy is that?

Caleb: It’s Sparlock, the warrior wizard!

Mum: Woah! A warrior wizard?!

Caleb: Yeh, my friend gave it to me. All the kids are going to see the movie. Can I see it too?

Mum: Oh, your friend gave this to you… hm. You look pretty excited about this. Why don’t you come over here and get your snack, okay? (sighs)

(Caleb sits down to have his snack.)

Mum: Is this toy magical?

Caleb: Uh-huh.

Mum: Caleb, who likes Magic? Jehovah? Or Satan?!

Caleb: Satan.

Mum: Right. Magic is bad. That’s why Jehovah hates it. Do you REALLY wanna play with something that Jehovah hates?

(Caleb looks at his toy sorrowfully.)

Mum: Do you remember who we learned about at family worship? Who is this?

Caleb: Adam and Eve.

Mum: Right! Did they obey Jehovah?

Caleb: No. They disobeyed Jehovah. And he got very sad.

Mum: So what if you disobey Jehovah, and play with toys he doesn’t like?

(Caleb scratches his head)

Mum: Do you think Jehovah will be happy? Or sad?

(Caleb imagines a snake hanging down from a tree next to him, clutching his toy suggestively)

Caleb: Sad.

Mum: Yeh. Do you want Jehovah to be sad?

Caleb: No! (slaps the imaginary snake away with his hand) I don’t want Jehovah to be sad with me.

Mum: No, I don’t want Jehovah to be sad with you either! So what do YOU think you should do with this toy?

(Caleb looks at his toy again. The next scene shows him throwing it in the garbage bin outside while his Mum opens it for him.)

Mum: Caleb, I am so proud of you! You made mommy very happy! And you know who else is happy?

Caleb: Jehovah!

Mum: Yes! Jehovah loves you very much for obeying him Caleb. Hey, you know what I wanna do?

Caleb: What?

Mum: I wanna go ride bikes!

Caleb: Yay!

Mum: Let’s go!

Cedars

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit