Any suggestions on handling financial abuse of a senior by the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society?

by Balaamsass 95 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Chaserious
    Chaserious

There have been some articles written on the use of "voluntary impoverishment" to get state aid, examining the legality of various techniques used to get on government assistance. In the typical case the money goes to relatives though. If you feel like doing some dense reading about the topic in general, here are a couple that might be kind of relevant:

John A. Miller, Voluntary Impoverishment to Obtain Government Benefits, 13 Cornell J.L. & Pub. Pol'y 81, 92 (2003),

Estate Planning: A Race to the Poorhouse: Should Guardians Have a Duty to Impoverish Their Wards for Asset Protection Purposes Thereby Preserving Assets for Heirs? 34 W. New Eng. L. Rev. 251 (2012)

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

Excellent resources. "Voluntary impoverishment" ...humm What about involuntary.

• Refriedtruth
    Refriedtruth

http://www.canada.com/Taking+advantage+elderly/7936674/story.html HERE

Taking advantage of the elderly Canada.com-21 hours ago

I am writing to tell you about how my step-father has been taken advantage of by the " Jehovah's Witnesses". These people friended this elderly ...

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

RefriedTruth>>>>>My most used word for The Watch Tower Society. Disgusting.

Just Lois

PS. Please post and let us know if these greedy "robbers" give everything back, OK?

• scary21
    scary21

BUMP to go with Lois's thread........So sad

Sherry

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

RefriedTruth ... How are things going with your step Father now?

LoisLane

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit