Any suggestions on handling financial abuse of a senior by the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society?

by Balaamsass 95 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime
    After all they do say in the Feb. Awake "God helps those who help themselves" and they do.. "help themselves".

Ugh, re-read the whole thread - what a sad outcome. Unfortunately, the WT has probably figured out the exact amount they can steal before it becomes 'worth it' for the victim to seek legal action.

Sick.

- Lime

PS: Reminds me of my father's passing. I was called one night and told my father was in the hospital and it was serious. I was the first family member to arrive - but even by then, a copy of "Cheritable Planning" had already been left in his room for him to consider... WT Reps on-site had visited him and encouraged him to send life insurance funds to the WT instead of my soon-to-be widdowed monther before the family even arrived. (I created a thread here about it at the time.) Fortunately, my father decided that he had purchased life insurance to take care of my mom, not the WT - and that she could decide how to spend her money for herself.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I won a personal injury case. By the time Medicare was reimbursed from the settlement, little was left. There is a Medicaire lien.

The best thing to do at this point is for all of us to support efforts in our state legislatures to protect the elderly and, even any lender, by slowing down the process. Waiting periods are a good idea. It is essential that the lender be represented by an independent lawyer with no ties to the org/ or church.

Heck, I would rather give my money to a dog's trust fund than the WT.

• Scott77
    Scott77

Hi Balaamsass,

What is the latest updates here? Just curious.

Scott77

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

Scott77,

The attornies advice to wait and have the state take on Bethel is the latest. It can set a precedent as well and unravel some of the "charitable giving" scams being pushed by WTBT$. This way we are not out of pocket $$ or anymore time.

• Scott77
    Scott77

Scott77,

The attornies advice to wait and have the state take on Bethel is the latest. It can set a precedent as well and unravel some of the "charitable giving" scams being pushed by WTBT$. This way we are not out of pocket $$ or anymore time.

Balaamsass

That is very encouraging especially in 'setting a precedent' as one the goal. You may help a state in digging up deeper about that infamous year of 1975 and how many were scammed. I think, Antlantis or Barbara's website may have documents about that time. No one is more vulnerable that senior people. Good luck

Scott77

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

Scott ;

A precedent would simply be an internal procedure for collection by the state. They have stringent rules regarding "gifting" before going on government aid. A prominent California Attorney was prosecuted last year for helping people "game" the medicaid/medical/SSI system. I believe the "Conditional Gifts" program by the Treasurers office is an illegal scam to get around these laws. I also believe WTBTS DEPENDS on elderly Forgetting or being reluctant to sue the Society (and be disfellowshipped in their 80s) with this program.

The really smelling part of this is all the secretcy involved. The Docs are hard to obtain.

• flipper
    flipper

BALAAMSASS- Thanks for sharing the update ! Glad to see you guys are still working on this. " Secrecy " is the WT Society's middle name. They are actually called the WT " Secret " Society. It's amazing how secretive they are. Which leads me to believe they are definitely involved in criminal activities. But you and I know that already and have chatted about it. Hope to chat soon sometime with you. Been working like a madman lately ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

If anyone can get me a CURRENT set of the secret directions for the "Conditional Gift" program, it would be appreciated. This program is semi-secret.

I believe it is a thinly disguised fraud against the federal and State senior aid programs. Gifts given 2 years prior to government aid are OK, loans are not. So rather than paying for their own medical and resthome care at 50-80K per year, the senior's estate is secretly funneled into WTBT$ and the government is stuck with bill.

IF the senior asks for the money back the WTBTS claims it was "forgiven" verbally. Seniors are easily bullied and abused.

I believe this is a widespread criminal conspiracy which is on-going. Perhaps statutes will run for a long time and RICO statutes may apply. With the government seeking tax revenues perhaps they will lein halls.

A California Attorney was prosecuted in California for having clients funnel estate funds to family and get state aid. Does anyone remember the case?

• 00DAD
    00DAD

The November 15th, 2012 Watchtower has this article on page 9: HOW SOME CHOOSE TO CONTRIBUTE TO THE WORLDWIDE WORK

One of the types of contributions discussed is:

CONDITIONAL DONATION ARRANGEMENT

• Donations of cash with the condition that it can be returned if needed by the donor.
    • Include a letter stating that the donation is conditional.

God Needs Money

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Here's a scan of the page:

God Really, Really Needs Money ... Lot's of it!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit