Any suggestions on handling financial abuse of a senior by the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society?

by Balaamsass 95 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

This thread should stay active. Similar issues exist with the TV evangelical shows that spend at least 3/4 of their time begging for money from home bound people. Heck, I buy stuff from QVC. The false intimacy works. Their stuff is overpriced. Destroying documents, zero interest. Are these loans or gifts? The lack of arms' length dealing is unconsciable to me. St. Francis of Assisi turned his wealth over to the church. Only it wasn't his earned money but his father's money.

How many people screwed actually confront the WT? My family would suck it up and live in utter poverty. Over and over again, I heard of distrust of the org but it was the org. and even tho you knew too much, you pretended it did not exist.

So many times here I cry when I read how normal Witnesses are hurt. Why can't the zero interest loan flow both ways? My father was a strange case. His biggest criticism of Bethel and the WT was that there were resources and yet Witnesses in a jam don't even get emotional support and caring. He was at Bethel and told he had to get an exemption from the draft during WWII. Rather, than hold an informational meeting for all similarly situated Bethelites and Witnesses from the area, he had to fend for himself. An older Bethelite who faced huge problems earlier helped him as a personal matter. Otherwise, he would have sat in a federal prison.

A giant religion with massive assets vs. an old lady. What an unfair match. What would Jesus do?

• jemba
  • Refriedtruth
    Refriedtruth

"This thread should stay active"

Bumpty

To: Watchtower agents watching this thread,do you know me?

• blindnomore
    blindnomore

Zechariah 7:9-11;

This is what Jehovah of armies has said, "With true justice do Your judging and carry on with one another loving-kindness and mercies and defraud no Widow or fatherless boy....and scheme out nothing bad against one another in Your hearts. But they kept refusing to pay attention and they kept giving a stubborn shoulder and their ears they made too unresponsive to hear."(NWT)(bold mine)

Armageddon is right around the corner!!! Are you ready to face Jehovah, the Governing Body and elders of Jehovah's Witnesses you who defrauding widow and exploiting fatherless boy?

• flipper
    flipper

Bump to the top. Very important thread

• Steve_C
    Steve_C

So sorry to hear your mom is going through this; it makes me furious. I'm proud that you're willing to fight in spite of the potential loss of family and friends through disfellowshipping—you know you have a lot of support here! I hope this prompts media coverage big time.

• sf
    sf

I sure hope you were able to read the thread I embedded into this thread earlier on. If not, I bumped it and I'll also post the link:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/6195/1/I-am-stunned-CharitablePlanning

IT IS A VITAL THREAD TO HAVE IN YOUR ARSENAL.

Remember people, these threads are circulating throughout the world.

Keep the vital ones ACTIVE and the search engines will as well.

Thank you for your support.

sKally

• JakeM2012
    JakeM2012

Bumping, years ago an elderly brother loaned some money to wt. He wrote that he wanted it back. They sent him a form to sign that said the loan was paid off but there was NOT a check. This older brother was sharp, got a savvy business man who also was a local elder and the elder wrote letters that he had not been paid. How can he sign the letter? They replied that they did not want to release the funds unless they had a signature. The elder wrote back to wt and said send the letter and the check to us and we will make sure that the transaction takes place and that you have your signiture.

Looking back on this and seeing how this is a continual problem and that you will never read a letter to the BOE about. The slaugtering of the sheep continues.

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

By all means get your loved ones to ask for money back NOW..before it goes to pay for Molest cases. If they want to lend the money back at a future time, that is their choice. When they find how hard it is to get funds returned...the word will spread.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

What is happening with your case, BA?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit