The true, unsung hero of the Bible....

by Unlearn 267 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

Lawlessness? Really? What types of laws are modern-day atheists breaking and then justifying with atheism? I'd just like an example or two.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Lawlessness? Really? What types of laws are modern-day atheists breaking and then justifying with atheism? I'd just like an example or two.

Modern day atheists are not lawless because they follow the law of the land adequately. At this point in time atheim is justified because belief in God is not a law. However belief in God in the old world would be a prerequisite to adhere to their laws because they lived in 100% theocracy. Therefore being an atheist in the old world would make that person lawless and they would be switfly executed for being incapable of following the law. Today it's a different story because they can back up what they say and they have proven that they can live a life according to the law. The natural world is the world of LAWS and those laws are discovered/created rather than preset which is why Genesis only speaks of one and now we have many. Any atheism in the ancient world would merely be a justification for lawlessness which many people succumb to because they wrongfully believe it to be "true" freedom. The Serpent in the Garden of Eden is representing the beginning of lawlessness with the creation of the lie, or the First Lie. Which was used to break the single law of the natural world, which was not to eat from the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Bad.

-Sab

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

Let's talk LAW. What is gods first and greatest commandment in his LAW?

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

Nice job. I'd say that was a well articulated answer. Good thing belief in God is no longer a legal issue. (Although, I fear in this country, there are many who would like to make it a legal issue.)

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Let's talk LAW. What is gods first and greatest commandment in his LAW?

You are hard to ignore, why is that? When Jesus came he brought with him a whole new philosophy. This was part of the Creative Plan. Instead of specific laws like the OT he replaced them with the Law of Love which was in place in the beginning, but was used against the creation by the Serpent in the Beginning. The entirety of the events that lead up to Jesus is caused by the exploitation of love (countered by acts of valor which is what God is doing throughout the OT), so Jesus had to reiterate the importance of it since it had been exploited for so long. In Jesus time love appeared weak. However it is actually the strongest force in the universe, it just goes through a process when challenged.

Have you seen the second Sherlock Holmes movie with Robert Downey Jr? Great movie, both of them actually. In the second one Holmes is deeply disturbed when his friend and partner Dr Watson gets married because he knows that once he falls in love people like Professor Moriarty will exploit it, because that's the game his type plays. Evil is a one trick pony: exploit love and yield the temporary profit. Love IS a liability because it forges a dependency that can accomplish anything in the directions of both good and evil.

Nice job. I'd say that was a well articulated answer. Good thing belief in God is no longer a legal issue. (Although, I fear in this country, there are many who would like to make it a legal issue.)

Glad to hear it. I have to take my son to a hair cut. Be out for a while.

-Sab

• tootired2care
    tootired2care
    You are hard to ignore, why is that?

Sab - That sounds like a rhetorical question, hopefully you can find an answer to that.

Nice attempt to skirt the issue.

If I love my wife, my kids, my dog, my country, and pay my taxes and do everything to be a good citizen, except have a great fondness for god, because of his wonderful past "Acts of Valor" as you put it. I am still a lawless and evil person by the bibles standard, and therefore am marked for death, and worthless to the eyes of a true believer.

A sane person would conclude this law of god to command love, or face death is tyranny, and the antithesis of freedom. It really is wonderful that this nation is not a theocracy, can you imagine it the other way? All theocratic governments are a threat to freedom. They will always use LAWS like the first command in their religious texts to justify subjugating and killing off those who don't swallow the god kool aid; just look to the sickening Muslim theocracies, and the Crusades of the past to see the overwhelming evidence of the BAD effects of gods LAWS, and who knows what the future holds when these religious nut jobs start getting really angry about erroding faith around the world.

I choose to stand on the side of freedom.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    If I love my wife, my kids, my dog, my country, and pay my taxes and do everything to be a good citizen, except have a great fondness for god, because of his wonderful past "Acts of Valor" as you put it. I am still a lawless and evil person by the bibles standard, and therefore am marked for death, and worthless to the eyes of a true believer.

Death is what is exchanged for lawlessness, it's not a sentence, but a cause and effect. That's what the physical realm is: cause and effect. The spiritual realm, however, is not subject to rules and therefore not subject to cause and effect. What comes to be there stays in existence forever because it's the way it works there. So when the Serpent lied the creation of the lie will forever reside in the world of ideas. There is no removing it from the table, you simply must stand up against it's power and believe me lies hold incredible power. They have seemingly challenged the throne of God for eons, but eventually the end of it's ill effects on the physical realm will come. But only because of a long stream of acts of valor. To truly understand this one must delve into the metaphysical, which it seems you are unwilling because of lack of reason. What this has done has created a misunderstanding on your part which is not necessarily to your own blame. You simply lack knowledge which is not a crime in itself. When it's all said and done it's about blame TT2C. That's what separates the Sheep from the Goats. The sheep are the ones without blame and the goats are the ones with blame. You merely are coming to an incorrect result. Even if it's by your own volition it does not constitute blame. You sound like a sheep to me, an angry one, but a sheep nonetheless.

Nine in the second place means: One meets his lord in a narrow street. No blame. 

As a result of misunderstandings, it has become impossible for people who by nature belong together to meet in the correct way. This being so, an accidental meeting under informal circumstances may serve the purpose, provided there is an inner affinity between them. I CHING 38

The second line in the 38th hexagram seems to me to perfectly explain the path of the atheist. You meet your lord on a narrow street which means you have been searching on your own for God knows how long. Right now your conclusion is "not enough reason to believe in God." Yet, eventually your path will take you straight to your Maker and I suggest you be ready for this because you might miss him.

I choose to stand on the side of freedom.

If this is true then you stand on the side of God.

-Sab

• tec
    tec

I don't have a math mind, Sab, so I can't seem to grasp when you post about such things.

But the rest here, the spiritual undersanding... all very discerning and clearly stated. Well done, and thank you!

Peace,

tammy

• sabastious
    sabastious
    But the rest here, the spiritual undersanding... all very discerning and clearly stated. Well done, and thank you!

I appreciate the support thank you! However it was you, PSac, AGuest and Snowbird (also Chalam and a few others I am probably forgetting) that were my influences and inspiration, so the thanks goes to you and them. Your faith was and is still moving (theirs too). It's a shame that most of them are not here anymore.

-Sab

• tec
    tec

Building one another up is how the spirit works. I miss them too, Sab.

Peace,

tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit