The true, unsung hero of the Bible....

by Unlearn 267 Replies latest watchtower bible

• sabastious
    sabastious
    So if there was an entity in the beginning, it goes without question that it has no beginning? So your idea that God has no beginning come from the bible---but you think some of the bible's meaning is locked away----just not this part.

LOL, I just unlocked it for you, but that's just the very first step (and and easy one) in a myriad of locks.

How old do you believe the earth is?

The Torah speaks of the beginning of the natural world when it speaks about the earth, not the globe we know today, but the receptacle of the Mind of God. In fact in the very next verse it states the earth as "formless" and describes it as a vast ocean with no life in it. This is a very Eastern philosophy as they believe water to be the constant in the natural world. It always acts the same, it runs downhill no matter what you do. How could the earth have water and NOT be a globe? To a scientist this will be a contradiction, but that's because they are not approaching the text correctly. They need to think quantum physics, not conventional physics and it will make more sense at least it did with me. Back in the day such an explanation would not be needed because the populace lacked information, but that's not the case with the people of today. But there is no such thing as too much information. However, with more information comes more complexity. In Genesis 1:2 we have the next step which is an expanse of water which is actually part of the encryption process rather than an empirical testimony of the beginning of the earth. We know that wasn't the case. So how old is the earth? However old science tells us and it's shouldn't be corrilated with Genesis 1:2 because the text is not speaking about the actual earth. As we know there are many earths and if/when we go to those we will find the same story being told by them too. The Torah's Earth = the natural world, I cannot stress this enough.

-Sab

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

So you accept Gen 1:1 but not 1:2 at least not as how written.

"As we know there are many earths"

Uhm--you say that like it is widely accepted. Where are these other earths?

Sooooo

In order to answer a simple question, we need to look at middle eastern writings and eastern philosophy, with a dash of quantum physics (something that wouldn't have occured to scientists---as they aren't thinking of it), and by combining these bits of contradictory information we find clues to help us break the encryption in the Torah.

It's so obvious!

• sabastious
    sabastious
    So you accept Gen 1:1 but not 1:2 at least not as how written.

I applied quantum physics to Genesis 1:1 too. The heaven is the world of ideas and the earth is the world of the application of those ideas. This is not a conventional face value reading of the material. A conventional reading has the heaven being the stars and the earth being the globe (or flat in those days). That's the beauty of the Torah and why it's been tried and true as a word of God. It worked with the olden day people as they assumed they were speaking about the stars and the actual earth, but when information become available, the Torah just adjusts without needing a revision.

Uhm--you say that like it is widely accepted. Where are these other earths?

It's just math. Once we discovered 400 billion galaxies we now have mathmatical reason to believe in many earths. Ever heard of NASA?

In order to answer a simple question, we need to look at middle eastern writings and eastern philosophy, with a dash of quantum physics (something that wouldn't have occured to scientists---as they aren't thinking of it), and by combining these bits of contradictory information we find clues to help us break the encryption in the Torah.

What's the simple question you are refering to? The age of the earth? LOL that's not a simple question. You have a pattern of ignoring the people of the past and how they lived their lives in ignorant bliss. Determining the age of the earth IS NOT SIMPLE, even to scientists. Maybe it's a common fact now, but the process of which that information came to be is incredibly complex. We are complex, hon, I hate to break it to you.

I find it highly ironic that a goto atheist argument is that "we are too complex therefore God doesn't exist." Because it's actually the reasoning that ignorant creationists use against you.

It's so obvious!

I don't think it's obvious. Your utter confusion is a testament to how complex and not obvious it is. I even said we live in muddied waters.

-Sab

• tootired2care
    tootired2care
    You are right that's it's a war, but are completely wrong on the why.

The level of arrogance is ironic. Aren't believers supposed to be humble? Sab can go beyond the things written...isn't there a scripture in Revelation that talks about going beyond what is written?

believe in Armegeddon because we are in it as we speak.

Funny I don't see bodies as manure from one end of the earth clear to the other, and I still see evil and lots of it which Armageddon was supposed to completely snuff out (bibles view) hmmm... Sab your wierd interpretations make no absolutely no sense, and have zero foundation in the texts of the bible.

2TTC---If they don't believe in armegeddon, they will just deny that this is what those scriptures were saying. It all depends on how they define this god, and then they rearrange everything to fit. It will suddenly become metaphorical or something and a fight for hearts. Everything is liquid and can be shaped as needed. And some will believe in a literaly armegeddon and feel pretting good abut billions dying. It's interesting to watch it all play out

I know, I don't make my arguments thinking i'll ever help those that go beyond the things written. I do it to expose the utter foolishness of it all for the benefit of the observers.

Rev 22:18

“I am bearing witness to everyone that hears the words of the prophecy of this scroll: If anyone makes an addition to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this scroll; 19 and if anyone takes anything away from the words of the scroll of this prophecy, God will take his portion away from the trees of life and out of the holy city, things which are written about in this scroll.

Thats a very dangerous position you've put yourself in Sab.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

"we are too complex therefore God doesn't exist."

I have not actually seen a goto atheist make this argument. You'll have to show me.

Have you studied quantum physics long?

• sabastious
    sabastious
    The level of arrogance is ironic. Aren't believers supposed to be humble? Sab can go beyond the things written...isn't there a scripture in Revelation that talks about going beyond what is written?

I'm not going beyond things written you are just assuming like usual. I could write a tome on why I believe that and I would use "things written" to back up my points. However the "things written" you are referring to you believe to be obsolete at best. Twice in our conversations you have said speaking with me is pointless and I tend to agree at this point. Not because of any obstinance on my part, but on yours. Until you can prove otherwise I'll be ignoring you.

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Have you studied quantum physics long?

This is another flawed goto argument. You assert that because I am not proficient at the discipline that I incapable of accurately weighing it's conclusions with the Torah and the Bible. I know what quantum physics are as I have been following the leaders in it's field. I do not need to be a scientist to compare conclusions.

-Sab

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

I referenced the texts that support Armageddon is going to wipe out earths billions, where is your texts to backup that Armageddon is happening now...hmm Sab?

• sabastious
    sabastious
    I referenced the texts that support Armageddon is going to wipe out earths billions, where is your texts to backup that Armageddon is happening now?

How much do you want to know? Rate your desire from 1 to 10.

-Sab

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Quantum physicists have looked into the Torah?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit