The true, unsung hero of the Bible....

by Unlearn 267 Replies latest watchtower bible

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

I guess an idea has to be old to be valid. Like creation---older than evolution---which is youthful folly?

Interesting take Sab. Silly, but interesting.

• tootired2care
    tootired2care
    So, when the Bible says that "God is love" it is saying that the Holy Family of Three had love when they came to be, all at the same time. Any love in our world is merely the image of theirs.

Having had love (past tense) is not relevant at all to the assertion that "God is love" (present tense). The demand/command for love is a complete negation of what the word and emotion conveys. If God demands love, than he can't by definition be the the personification of love. No rational person would ever say that a father is a loving father, who commands/demands that his children love him.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    I guess an idea has to be old to be valid. Like creation---older than evolution---which is youthful folly?

Creation isn't an old idea, it's THE idea. That's what the World of Spirits is: the world of ideas. You know the old adage don't you? "You can't kill an idea." Even at the end of Revelation we have the The Original Serpent burning in conscious agony for eternity as the only true recompense for being the creator of the idea of the Lie. That's the Bible trying to tell us that once you create an idea it lives forever in some form. Be careful what you wish for.

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Having had love (past tense) is not relevant at all to the assertion that "God is love" (present tense).

In the beginning there was God, the Word and the Holy Spirit. Those three people loved each other. They had no beginning. Therefore they/it ARE love. Then they created the image of themselves therefore we love. We are a projection of them. There is no contradiction, you are merely constructing a strawman and then debating with it instead.

The demand/command for love is a complete negation of what the word and emotion conveys.

The command to love is like a command to not jump off a bridge. If you do not love you will be evil and if you jump off a bridge you will go splat. It's closer to a scientific law of the universe then a rule on a sign.

-Sab

• tootired2care
  • sabastious
    sabastious

-Sab

• Unlearn
    Unlearn

oh well, Sabastious.....

all that you said about the original three being 'love' and us being a reflection, and so on and so on...all very beautiful.
    makes me go all warm and fuzzy inside.
    of course, you cant prove it...and frankly, you dont have to...because you FEEL it, very strongly no doubt, and thats enough for you.

that's why i dont argue with 'faith' anymore.
    im saddled by these pesky things called facts...and they just are no match for 'faith'...which could care less about them.

soooo, believe what you'd like.
    whatever gets you through the night.
    me? i think the whole Bible thing is a great read once or twice.
    and l stick by may original post: the 'Devil' fella MAKES it.
    he's standing up for freedom and trying to make a point about personal and independent freedom.
    is there some collateral damage in his 'method'.
    no doubt. but it's much less blood than old Yaweh/Jehovah leaves behind in his friendly fire.
    oh sure, 'but he can resurrect these unfortunate friendly-fire victims to a BETTER life!'.

yea....sucks they have to suffer and die tho.
    ive never died before. when you're not ready and in pain, i bet its kind of scary.

ah, the god of lurvvvv.....

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

The best part about living the 'BETTER life" with Jeehoover, is that you get a free eternal supply of these! Whoa...what a deal!

Sab - I thought that image was a wonderful way to terminate a useless discussion that was just bound to go around in circles. I should have known better argueing facts and logic with you is an excercise in futility.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    all that you said about the original three being 'love' and us being a reflection, and so on and so on...all very beautiful.
    makes me go all warm and fuzzy inside.
    of course, you cant prove it...and frankly, you dont have to...because you FEEL it, very strongly no doubt, and thats enough for you.

I didn't say we were a reflection, but a projection. What is proof? Because by dictionary standards there is proof all around you. Take for example the human family. Human's always live within a family structure. This is by design. Right now we are debating on whether or not that family structure should be a rigid "man, woman, children" model and eventually the Bible's structure will fall by the wayside. This is actually a testament to the family arrangement more so than a testament to the Bible. Scripture is the rules of God told through men and therefore those rules will fall like rose petals with age. However the spirit of a family is not a specific structure. Many people today say that a "man, man, children" or a "woman, woman, children" simply doesn't work and they are completely wrong. The Holy Family is about LOVE, that's the fabric that binds them together, not logical structure. In the end love wins because nothing is stronger.

Bret Mckenzie in a band called Flight of Conchords puts it best, "Love is the very strongest adhesive."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMbbtiXPqGo

Sab - I thought that image was a wonderful way to terminate a useless discussion that was just bound to go around in circles. I should have known better argueing facts and logic with you is an excercise in futility.

Ah I see, you want to end the conversation on top, I get it. You seem to like to be on top. Have many chicken dinners have you won in your lifetime?

-Sab

• Low-Key Lysmith

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit