Disfellowshipped!

by Las Malvinas son Argentinas 115 Replies latest jw friends

• Chariklo
    Chariklo
    I’ve been living a lie for some time now. To live it for a short time longer in order to remove a stain from my name is a small sacrifice.

How can living a lie remove a stain from your name? If you live a lie, your life becomes inherently untruthful, and to the people who are your family. For your child to be brought up within a lie is surely a bigger real stain than any false stain imposed by the Witnesses.

• sd-7
    sd-7
    I wouldn't expect to many gifts or cards for the first few years though. Lol.

You'd be surprised. My wife was DF'd when she had her first daughter, but sisters gave her all kinds of baby clothes and helped her. Some people will violate the shunning rule when babies are involved.

Emilie, everybody in this situation finds themselves in quite a dilemma. Hard choices have to be made, but whatever people may say, only you can decide what will work best for you. The main thing is to find joy in whatever you can in the midst of all this. To allow yourself to grieve about things related to this that may make you sad, and to deconstruct what has happened. To grow stronger mentally and emotionally so that none of them can manipulate you, trick you, or guilt you into returning. I think you'll be fine, especially once you get out on your own. That can be a major help. It's hard to be around people who want nothing more than to berate you about some imaginary label the Witnesses have put on you.

But it does seem that time is on your side. I hope things will go well for you.

--sd-7

• Giordano
    Giordano

I agree with you about not informing the elders about continuing your education because it might seriously influance their decision to reinstate you. After writing that I thought in any other judical situation the pursuit of higher education would be a positive factor...........leave it to the JW's to try and spoil everything.

Please update us from time to time on this forum as well as keep track of those who might be able to be helpful. The personel but private email option is very useful. My wife and I, our son and daughter-in-law and our two grandchildren live about 2 &1/2 hours away from D.C. Our grand children are ages 1 and 2 and will be out growing a lot of baby things.

Good luck and stay in touch.

GIO

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas

Mind over matter. As I said before, my life for the past few years has been a lie. Since I will have already been gone when my child is at a very young age, this won’t affect them in the least. I know this doesn’t quite fly with many of your confrontational attitudes, it is the way I roll, to put it gently. I’ve heard your advice over and over again and have taken it to heart. But I must go my own way. Disfellowship me if you want, but my mind is made up. Thank you for your thoughts, but as far as I am concerned, discussion and commentary on my plan for re-instatement is now closed.

• rowan
    rowan

hey, Malvinas.

my same hx. same country (what area of Capital are you from, what congo?), pulled the same stunt. what didn't go according to plan is that the elders had a vendetta against me and wouldn't reinstate. regarless, after a few years of going to the meetings abroad I got reinstated. then proceeded to drop 'em like a hot potato. at least I get to see fly. now.

cheers,

Rowan

• rowan
    rowan

Nobody has the right to judge you for your decision. Nobody is in your shoes. As witnesses, I can say, at least from my part, I did live a lie all those years, not a double life, but my mind and heart were not in the religion. and this perverse cult is holding our beloved ones hostage. sorry if we decide to play their games. in the end, this is what they cannot get away from us, this is how we defeat the cult: we live a succesful life, and we get to see our families. In our terms.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I assume you beleive the Native Americans are the rightful owners of Argentina not the conquering Spanish descendants like yourself.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Argentina: I kind of read the beginning of your story, and then skipped all the posts to the end.

I think you are a brave girl to have a plan to reinstate with your faith, because you believe in your family enough to break down this wall that appears before you.

I wish you all the best wishes with your plans, and it is time to move on with your future. You will soon be raisng a young child and that will bring you so much happines, fulfillment in your life.

Peace,

QB

• rowan
    rowan

I realize in my post I presume that you are from Capital. sorry about that. No idea where you are from! It's just that I am really familiar with Capital and like hearing about it

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas

stillajwexelder: We all have our own injustices to deal with, and your country is just as guilty of that if not more. We can’t fix everything. But the next time an imperial power takes some adjacent islands of yours and boots your governor out, then let us know. We’ll be certain to support you diplomatically. Two wrongs don’t make a right. Native American claims to both American continents would be virtually impossible to set right. But a sparsely populated colonial outpost falls into the realm of a reasonable negotiation. Let’s not compare apples and oranges.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit