Disfellowshipped!

by Las Malvinas son Argentinas 115 Replies latest jw friends

• Bubblegum Apotheosis
    Bubblegum Apotheosis

I like the translation of "Malvinas" turning a boring situation into a wild good time. You are some boring party, in walks two "Malvinas de Argentina", and your night turns into one hell of a good time! "Malvinas" make everything better, kicks your party up by ten knotches!

Prefiero Las Malvinas significar "capacidad de convertir una situación aburrida en un tiempo caliente y bueno atractivo"

• Chariklo
    Chariklo
    Unfortunately, the people (JWs) you want to use to alleviate your "mistake", won't help you unless you resort to trickery, by pretending to get reinstated.

As usual, Moshe has it absolutely right. If you are not true to yourself, then not only will your child eventually come to find that out and judge you for it maybe years down the line, but you will find that it will come back to you in one way or another.

Living a lie never, ever, ever pays off.

Bravely facing up to the truth and "running with it", (a nod to the Olympic theme) will always stand you in good stead in life. A clean cut may hurt a lot, but it is a healthy cut, and will heal well, unlike a cautious picking away.

I do detect a few negative comments directed toward my decision to try for reinstatement. It is important to place yourself into the shoes of the person who has to make and live with the decisions before passing judgment. I am at a point in my life when I need as many people to depend on as possible.

Emilie, try not to view the comments that seem to be critical as negative. Remember, they are made by people who have been there before you. Many on this board are not just talking the talk. They are walking the walk. They have been there before you, in one way or another.

Face the wind and live it down. It's the best way for you, your child, and actually for your family in the long run. I do not think that your mother will deny herself for ever contact with her grandchild, and if she does, then she will have made the choice. You can do it on your own.

I think I shall PM you.

Edit.

George...I LOVE the video! Really hilarious!

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Good luck with your plan!! And remember don't say the phrase "good luck", JWs will look at you crosswise!

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Congratulations on your impending mommy-hood. I am soon to be a grandma for the first time and I wish that your child only knows people who love and care for her or him unconditionally.

• Quandry
    Quandry

Welcome to the forum.

The real problem here is that you are female. You said you told the elders you were truly sorry. If you'd been a man, they probably would have privately reproved or at the most publicly reproved you. However, due to the fact that your "sin" would be protruding from your belly for all to see, they disfellowshipped you.

To make a family feel that they should not speak to their daughter while she needs them is most is shameful, and stress is not good for a pregnant woman.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Emilie,

Please forgive me if I seem to come off harsh, posts do not always reflect

the feelin's very well

As a mom, me and my daughter started a study with this cult together. and when

the witnesses seen me slipping away, they tried to separate me and my daughter

By showing interest in her more and asking her to things without me

they could not break our bond, when I was through my daughter was too

and we made it clear that we were a united front, you will give them leverage

in splitting you and your child, by being deceitful

don't give them that leverage, let your child grow up to know why you left

standing on your principles is what your child needs to see

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Las Malvinas son Argentinas - My mother then told me that she would not contact or speak to me, which hurt me the most. It hurt her too, but she did not need to take that firm of a decision. My brothers (whom I am very close to) took a more relaxed viewpoint and encouraged me to come back.

So I will go to Georgetown in Washington next year to start on graduate studies. My father and his family live nearby in Virginia, and they have agreed to help me. But I have not seen my father for many years. He left 20 years ago to the USA to work. He was a JW for a couple years, but couldn’t take it anymore, so he understands me. So I wish to clear things up here before I leave. Family is important to me and it’s a shame that these things can’t be better.

Welcome (((((Emilie)))) to JWN and I am sorry that your mother sided with a publiching corporation rather than with you. Since I have Argentinean friends and have visited Argentina, I understand your desire to keep your relationships with your family and friends. By the way your English is very good and you should have no problems with living in America.

Have you read Steve Hassan's books (i.e., "Combatting Cult Mind Control" and "Releasing the Bonds: Empowering People to Think for Themselves")? If you plan to follow the WTBTS's rules for a year, I would recommend reading those books to hopefully give you ideas to plant seeds of doubts in your family members. If your plans change and you stay in Argentina for several years, your JW friends and family may try to indoctrinate your child and cause you further anguish.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• exjehovah
    exjehovah

This is a very interesting topic. I think someone considering doing this is a pretty interesting thing. The only reason you want to go back is because you want to maintain contact with some of your family. That's a shame, but for some people that's the only way. I always maintain that this cult breaks up families.

I know the area you are moving very well, OP. I don't get on here much but if you PM today, I may be able to help with your transition.

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas

I’ve been living a lie for some time now. To live it for a short time longer in order to remove a stain from my name is a small sacrifice. As I said before, I will be out of this country by next autumn. From that point on, I will be having contact mainly with my father and his family who are not Witnesses. I will keep in contact with the folks back home via Skype. I most likely will be staying in the USA after that if I am offered a job. My family can think what they want about me, but I do not wish to carry around this disfellowshipped label with me. Maybe you think differently on this subject and have your own reasons for doing so, but I have mine. I am looking forward to rebuilding my life as an independent and successful woman. Who knows what the future will bring? I will move on into it no matter what. As soon as I leave, I will not enter another Kingdom Hall ever again. That is how I will protect my child. Much thanks to my American friends here. I can’t wait to come!

• BreathoftheIndianNose
    BreathoftheIndianNose

Welcome Malvinas,

Quiero ir a Argentina mucho. No he estado, pero posiblemente yo iría a Argentina este año. He visto fotos y le mira muy hermosa.

It really sucks what kind of possition you have been put it, like most of us. Your plan sounds difficult but deffinatly possible. It might be tough for you to sit in the back of the hall and listen to everything they teach, especially if you don't believe in it. I know for me it would be nearly impossible. I would either want to just come back for the assosiation again, or not be able to stand listening to the crap they spew and never go back, but that's just me. I can see why you would want to come back. Family, for most people, is everything and to not have it is to be empty. But I feel if people continue to be part of the religion, just so they can talk to loved ones, even though they realize the religion to be false and even destructive, the battle will never be won. Not just with Jehovah's Witnesses, but with all cults. To bend to their will because they threaten us with things, is to give them what they need and desire most, control. And as long as they maintain control, they will have the power and "justification" to continue spreading lies and ruining people's lives. This is only my opinion and you have every right to do what you think is best for you and your future child. And deffinatly everyone here would understand and respect your decission. Oh! And by the way, congrats on the future child! This day next year will be your first mothers day on the receiving end! I wouldn't expect to many gifts or cards for the first few years though. Lol.

Breath

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit